Can we finish top 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

No it's not.
We are equal on points with these 'other teams', just need to flog the bottom 3 teams and get our % above theirs. I have us second in 2 weeks time.
Cats are already ahead of us on % and only play 1 more top 8 side, as well as the Ess/Lions combo.

They are a shoe in for second provided they beat the Dogs this week

I think Saturday night proved we can't handle strong finals like pressure in tough conditions. Top 2 is gone, unless we give some sides a massive touch up and gain some percentage. Its Geelongs to lose but I think 4th spot and a qualifying final against the Hawks will be where we are at best.

While it's true we have Essendon, Brisbane and Fremantle to come to hopefully lift our % a bit, GWS have Richmond, GCS and Fremantle, Sydney have Fremantle and Richmond, Geelong have Essendon, Richmond, Brisbane and Melbourne.

I think we'll win more games than West Coast, so their % shouldn't be an issue. We won't catch GEW or Geelong on %, so unless they lose a game more than we do we'll be behind them. Sydney is the only one I could feasibly see us catching on %, IF we belt the teams we should.
Excellent summary - I see Syd as our main chance of snatching 4th.

They have wildcard games v Saints (Ethiad) and Port + away in Tassy to North. They are not great at scoring so even though they will beat Freo away, a % denter there is possible.

Clutching a bit but in terms of a run home it's about the trickiest of our competitors. Can't see us catching Cats or Giants

Excellent summary - I see Syd as our main chance of snatching 4th.

They have wildcard games v Saints (Ethiad) and Port + away in Tassy to North. They are not great at scoring so even though they will beat Freo away, a % denter there is possible.

Clutching a bit but in terms of a run home it's about the trickiest of our competitors. Can't see us catching Cats or Giants

The same Cats who lost to Pies, Blues and Saints? Or the same GWS who lost to Dees and Pies? Anything can happen mate!

Unfortunately for the Crows we don't belt the 'lesser' teams like others do. I also see us losing another match before finals.

The same Crows who are responsible for many a coach being sacked due to beltings?

Or the same one who reamed GC by 75 earlier this year, or the Bombers by a HUGE amount last year? We also touched up the Blues, Port and smacked the saints by 87

But yeah, we don't belt the "lesser" teams :drunk:

The same Cats who lost to Pies, Blues and Saints? Or the same GWS who lost to Dees and Pies? Anything can happen mate!

The same Crows who are responsible for many a coach being sacked due to beltings?

Or the same one who reamed GC by 75 earlier this year, or the Bombers by a HUGE amount last year? We also touched up the Blues, Port and smacked the saints by 87

But yeah, we don't belt the "lesser" teams :drunk:
I'm only talking about this year. The Gold Coast game was frustrating till a late goal surge IIRC, the Saints win is looking impressive now but we didn't extend our lead much further than the 3/4 time margin. If we are to build a decent percentage we can't have results like we did against Melbourne and Carlton.

I'm only talking about this year. The Gold Coast game was frustrating till a late goal surge IIRC, the Saints win is looking impressive now but we didn't extend our lead much further than the 3/4 time margin. If we are to build a decent percentage we can't have results like we did against Melbourne and Carlton.
Beating Carlton at their home by 10 goals in the wet when they nearly beat eagles there week after and pushed the swans at SCG

You need to be realistic sometimes - that 10 goal win in July in Melb was good

My ladder predictor has us finishing 3rd and playing Geelong in week 1 if we win our last 5.

If we drop the showdown, we fall to 5th and Port finish 8th though.

Big assumption there of Pear winning all remaining games and North dropping at least three + Saints going bad. Check the Pear's draw for the remainder of the year. Swans will smash them by 10 goals plus the week after next.

Big assumption there of Pear winning all remaining games and North dropping at least three + Saints going bad. Check the Pear's draw for the remainder of the year. Swans will smash them by 10 goals plus the week after next.
Nah, I still had them losing to Sydney. This is what I had:

Port beating Brisbane, Melbourne and GCS
North Beating St Kilda
St Kilda beating Carlton, Richmond and Brisbane

That makes North 12-10, % ahead of St Kilda in 9th and Port 11-11 in 10th. If you reverse the Showdown though, Port go 12-10 and jump % ahead of both North and St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beating Carlton at their home by 10 goals in the wet when they nearly beat eagles there week after and pushed the swans at SCG

You need to be realistic sometimes - that 10 goal win in July in Melb was good
We made up 3% in that game

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Melbourne and Carlton aint as bad as they once were...

Carlton only lost to the almighty Sydney by a goal in Sydney. Same as WC (although they are less mighty) the week before. They've also beaten the Cats. Hardly a pushover. We held them to less than 50 points. Defensively they're much better

Demons have also beaten GWS this year, so i think you may be underselling both teams. Our wins were pretty good really

Nah, I still had them losing to Sydney. This is what I had:

Port beating Brisbane, Melbourne and GCS
North Beating St Kilda
St Kilda beating Carlton, Richmond and Brisbane

That makes North 12-10, % ahead of St Kilda in 9th and Port 11-11 in 10th. If you reverse the Showdown though, Port go 12-10 and jump % ahead of both North and St Kilda.

Oh, okay, quite logical. Don't think it will play out, but who knows?

Melbourne and Carlton aint as bad as they once were...

Carlton only lost to the almighty Sydney by a goal in Sydney. Same as WC (although they are less mighty) the week before. They've also beaten the Cats. Hardly a pushover. We held them to less than 50 points. Defensively they're much better

Demons have also beaten GWS this year, so i think you may be underselling both teams. Our wins were pretty good really
This is true but there have been times in our good wins where a killer instinct was needed to blow the game out by a few more goals, hope I see it over the next 11 weeks.

I'm not saying a 100 point win will happen (this wet weather can **** right off)

But i know we need it to happen!
BOM forecast has been revised to a chance of a shower on Sunday. 40% chance to be exact. Heading in right direction.
As someone posted earlier though, wet weather usually increases the difference in good and bad sides

The lost to Hawks is whats going to ultimately cost us a top 2 or even 4 spot.

Brodie Smith missing that 20m short pass has had huge consequences on the season.

Lol,before the weekend we had the third best percentage in the league. We were really struggling
Lol, after the weekend we are NOW in 6th due to inferior percentage.

5 weeks to go but I think the current situation is far more relevant than last week….and there have been a few poor fade outs earlier this year that have dented that % (not to mention win-loss).

Hopefully it's all laughs after R23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back