Club Focus Carlton 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Silvagni .. fisher and Carlton’s first pick for Sicily and hawthorns 3 rd round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threesixpio

I am not sure you will get a better deal than this to be honest.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Any chance the Blues want McKay off the books seeing it looks like his 7 year deal was a bit extreme
No. He's got the yips but is still a gun player when he has his kicking boots on. A pre season to get his set shots right and he'll be fine. Still had 3 contested marks last night despite only player just over a half of footy.

Any chance the Blues want McKay off the books seeing it looks like his 7 year deal was a bit extreme
What's the offer for a 25 year old, 200cm Coleman winning Full Forward? With 7 years left on his contact.

I'm sure everyone has their price, would be interested in hearing ideas though.

If we apply the Dodo methodology to the uncontracted, uncapped All Australian at the time in Saad, which if I remember correctly 'there is an expectation of compelling compensation'

What would that equate to for Harry? Given he is younger, contracted, an All Australian and a Coleman Medalist.

What's the offer for a 25 year old, 200cm Coleman winning Full Forward? With 7 years left on his contact.

I'm sure everyone has their price, would be interested in hearing ideas though.

If we apply the Dodo methodology to the uncontracted, uncapped All Australian at the time in Saad, which if I remember correctly 'there is an expectation of compelling compensation'

What would that equate to for Harry? Given he is younger, contracted, an All Australian and a Coleman Medalist.
I'd accept Errol Gulden in a straight swap. Other than that, no thanks.

Have no interest in palming off Mckay to Melbourne and watching them win the next 3 flags with a genuine KPF finally.

There’s only one thing better than having the winner of the last two Coleman Medals on your list … having the last three winners !!
Harry will straighten himself up over summer and together with Charlie, dominate for years to come.
Laughable attempts in the media to create a narrative and weaken a strength that the Blues would be better served to trade him …

No way Harry goes anywhere. He’s played some really good footy this year as an old fashioned CHF, he’s built for that role. He’ll sort his yips out I’m sure, as bad as they’ve been. The trade crap was just rubbish started by Footy Classified, no idea how it got momentum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see Harry wanting to leave either. He's crumbling mentally under the moderate pressure he's got now as the clear second fiddle to Curnow. I imagine the pressure would double if he was traded to another club as the main guy who cost 2 first round picks

Can't see Harry wanting to leave either. He's crumbling mentally under the moderate pressure he's got now as the clear second fiddle to Curnow. I imagine the pressure would double if he was traded to another club as the main guy who cost 2 first round picks
I reckon he’ll be alright. Players are resilient. Heck, Peter Wright managed to turn his career around at the Bombers playing as the number one man after not being able to secure a spot in a Gold Coast side that finished 15th, 16th, 17th and 17th.
And Harry is more than a year younger.

Plenty of time :)

There’s only one thing better than having the winner of the last two Coleman Medals on your list … having the last three winners !!
Harry will straighten himself up over summer and together with Charlie, dominate for years to come.
Laughable attempts in the media to create a narrative and weaken a strength that the Blues would be better served to trade him …
I would have said a Premiership

I reckon he’ll be alright. Players are resilient. Heck, Peter Wright managed to turn his career around at the Bombers playing as the number one man after not being able to secure a spot in a Gold Coast side that finished 15th, 16th, 17th and 17th.
And Harry is more than a year younger.

Plenty of time :)

Agree 17 other clubs would love to have Harry and back him in to fix his kicking. Just think his confidence issues make him less likely to leave not more

I'd accept Errol Gulden in a straight swap. Other than that, no thanks.

Have no interest in palming off Mckay to Melbourne and watching them win the next 3 flags with a genuine KPF finally.
I wouldn't consider trading Harry for Guilden. Good player and all that Guilden is wingers are a dime a dozen. 204cm Coleman medallists winners are not. We got Acres for a future 3rd, Cottrell for a pre season pick and have the Camporeale twins coming along with Hollands.

Guilden is a lovely field kick but you'd want to be offering a lot more for big Harry.

I wouldn't consider trading Harry for Guilden. Good player and all that Guilden is wingers are a dime a dozen. 204cm Coleman medallists winners are not. We got Acres for a future 3rd, Cottrell for a pre season pick and have the Camporeale twins coming along with Hollands.

Guilden is a lovely field kick but you'd want to be offering a lot more for big Harry.

I’m not sure where I stand on the KPF vs Mid debate at the trade table but this is just a completely incorrect take on the value of Gulden.

Based on 2023 form he would have been by a clear margin Carlton’s best midfielder.

Sydney would want a bit more if that trade eventuated.
Gulden's a future Brownlow medalist in the making.

McKay turns 26, is one dimensional and every club knows he is mentally soft. He did his best to hand Sydney the game on the weekend.
And for all the talk about his Coleman Medal, he only booted 58 goals. Regressing slowly (aka Ben Brown MKII).

Arguably the most overrated player in the competition right now.

Sydney would want a bit more if that trade eventuated.
Gulden's a future Brownlow medalist in the making.

McKay turns 26, is one dimensional and every club knows he is mentally soft. He did his best to hand Sydney the game on the weekend.
And for all the talk about his Coleman Medal, he only booted 58 goals. Regressing slowly (aka Ben Brown MKII).

Arguably the most overrated player in the competition right now.
Wouldn't want to trade him anyway, one of our top 5, no question about it to any competent mind.

The Dees are the ones that should throw the kitchen sink at McKay whilst they still have prime Gawn, Oliver and Trac, and May / Lever backline.

Dees offer an early first (top 5 -10) and Grundy (pay a chunk of his wage or offer steak knives) ad both teams are instantly better IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back