Club Focus Carlton 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

A few important signings needed but most of the core list looks signed up.

Yeah. Most of the ‘stars’ are locked away long-term which is great.

Hopefully we see Weitering and Cerra extend at some stage this year.

It’s a huge year for our role players though - there are 10 or so out of contract at the end of this season, who many would consider part of our best 22.

They’re literally playing for their careers, hopefully that reflects in the continued pressure they’ve been able to apply since the mid way point of last season.

Cunningham and Marchbank are restricted free agents this year. Not that it matters much right now but rebuilding clubs with salary cap space may take a punt on them due to their raw talent

Don't think a team outside of North would have the draft capital needed to get that trade done. Either way reckon its about a 0.000001% chance he leaves. Future captain of the club.

Don't think a team outside of North would have the draft capital needed to get that trade done. Either way reckon its about a 0.000001% chance he leaves. Future captain of the club.

The only acceptable compensation for a contracted Weitering would be Sam Taylor.

Slamming our window shut is not worth 5 first round picks.

He is fair game next year. I think 1.5m over 8 years is a bit exaggerated but he will get some monster offers.

The only acceptable compensation for a contracted Weitering would be Sam Taylor.

He is fair game next year. I think 1.5m over 8 years is a bit exaggerated but he will get some monster offers.

He’s an UFA next year.. We’d get similar to what Hawks got for Buddy…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao just realized the report is from McClure. No doubt Weitering will be signed up long term with us by next week knowing that peanut.

Yep, it would be devastating to Carlton’s window if he goes. Monster offers will tempt him but he’s been saying all the right things to give a little comfort to Blues supporters.

Not surprising that SOS is behind this at the Saints. He’s the biggest believer in his own drafting and bringing players he’s picked up to his next club. Wonder who else he has in his sights at the Blues.

Yep, it would be devastating to Carlton’s window if he goes. Monster offers will tempt him but he’s been saying all the right things to give a little comfort to Blues supporters.

Not surprising that SOS is behind this at the Saints. He’s the biggest believer in his own drafting and bringing players he’s picked up to his next club. Wonder who else he has in his sights at the Blues.

Could be a ploy to shake out someone else. Brodie Kemp, who is extremely talented and comfortable at the level but doesn’t seem to be locked into Voss’ best 22 could be a good target.

jesus

has the market ever been so hot for key backs?

big for Carlton if he knocks this back. he would be giving up millions to stay

Could be a ploy to shake out someone else. Brodie Kemp, who is extremely talented and comfortable at the level but doesn’t seem to be locked into Voss’ best 22 could be a good target.
SOS has a history of picking up players on the cheap, whether it be they have had lack of opportunity, been injured, lack of development or the fact they were free agents.

Cuningham and JSOS would fit the bill for acquisition at the end of this year. Weitering is obviously the name mentioned for next year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jack Martins name come up I regards to the Saints either. Not sure when he’s out of contract.

SOS has a history of picking up players on the cheap, whether it be they have had lack of opportunity, been injured, lack of development or the fact they were free agents.

Cuningham and JSOS would fit the bill for acquisition at the end of this year. Weitering is obviously the name mentioned for next year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jack Martins name come up I regards to the Saints either. Not sure when he’s out of contract.
SOS can take all 3… Not sure we’d fight for them, maybe JSOS… Though TDK has gone past him in the ruck/forward role…

SOS can take all 3… Not sure we’d fight for them, maybe JSOS… Though TDK has gone past him in the ruck/forward role…
Agree. While these guys might have been valued higher by some blues fans in the past, now they are in contend mode, their value is truly as depth or peripheral at best players. Shows the true development of the blues list over time.

Not commenting on his chances of leaving but isn’t Weitering more the quiet type than your usual captain?

I mean Walsh screams future captaincy much more to me

I can see the appeal for the Saints play for Weitering;

1. Big coin
2. Saints fan growing up - assuming there may be some appeal there to be coached by his childhood idols in Goddard, Hayes etc
3. Father played ressies for St Kilda
4. Silvagni connection
5. Ross Lyon used to praise him constantly on Footy Classified.

I still think he would be zero chance of leaving though and their ulterior motive would be try and shake someone else out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back