Chemical

Premium Platinum
Jan 19, 2003
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Portsmouth
I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but who do you think will win and why. With all the suspensions the Hawks are gonig to get will it be Box Hill vs Carlton? I am hoping for a 50 + point win. Hawthorn are is disarray

Originally posted by chemical
I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but who do you think will win and why. With all the suspensions the Hawks are gonig to get will it be Box Hill vs Carlton? I am hoping for a 50 + point win. Hawthorn are is disarray

i know what ur saying ... but dont jinx us

we dont play the dome that well, and anythings possible in footy ...

i think we'll win, but if we dont we'll have undone all our good performances for the year .... esp yesterdays.

in saying that if we perform anything like yesterday, and not get off to a bad start, which has been the norm this year, then i think we can win comfortably.

Carlton need to get off to a good start and dominate the first quarter. We need to blow them apart with no mercy.

And continue that for the whole game, I won't be able to make it to the game, because I am going to the Echuca first thing Saturday, but I will be barricking hard as usual.

Carlton by 40 points.

Originally posted by stokesy
Carlton need to get off to a good start and dominate the first quarter. We need to blow them apart with no mercy.

And continue that for the whole game, I won't be able to make it to the game, because I am going to the Echuca first thing Saturday, but I will be barricking hard as usual.

Carlton by 40 points.

We should win by 80 points if we want to take anything away from yesterday.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 100+ point win dished out to Hawthorn, it would boost our percentage and we need more of that.

I'll be happy with any win, as long as we get the 4 points.

I would prefer to win by 1 point and not lose.

we desperatly need a % boost so a nice 40 point win would be nice. I dont want to jinx it though. but without Crawford, mitchell and prolly alot of other decent players (tribunal tuesday! thanks essendon!) they will be a badly depleted side.

With a almost non existant Hawk midfield (Crawford, Mitchell, Vandenberg - possibly more out...) & the absence of Mark Graham, I'm looking forward to seeing NICK STEVENS dominate & put on a show delivering with presision to Fevola (who should have a night out).

i think this game will resemble our pre-season game against a seriously undermanned swannies.

Go blues - I'm gonna love seeing our club string together back to back wins & then go in against the Tige's - Could we win 3 in a row ???
Bloody hope so !

Guys, don't get too ahead of yourselves ala the folks at Hawk Headquarters *giggle*. Remember how inconsistent we are, I just don't want the players thinking that Hawthorn will be a walk in the park because it won't. Did did no good for us againt Melbourne.

I already think we've stuffed up our percentage beyond repair, as it's harder to get it up the deeper in the season you get. I just want a win, no matter by how much.

Originally posted by SurreyBlue
"IF" we come to play, we should win and win well, but....

PS. We must curb Everitt's dominance in the middle.

nah we need to rove well to him ... i mean there whole midfield is out, craw, mitchel, vandas, bateman etc so we should dominate. its not who gets the hit out, but who clears the ball.

stranger things have happened ... but i can't see them beating us .... as long as our intencity is at the ball .... and they dont put us off by any dirty tactics!! plus holland, barker (maybe?), beaumont (should be) out so that also impact on their structure a bit.

such a shame o'halpin is out i was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Originally posted by big_sav
is he injured?

yeah he injured his foot in bullants game on weekend ... be out for up 4 weeks!! :( it would have been great to give him games against hawkes and tigers ...

the irony is he prolly wouldnt be injured had he played for the blues against the crows on the weekend (as he nearly did) .... and he would have done more than harford!!!

ARG!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by BlueBoy83
yeah he injured his foot in bullants game on weekend ... be out for up 4 weeks!! :( it would have been great to give him games against hawkes and tigers ...

the irony is he prolly wouldnt be injured had he played for the blues against the crows on the weekend (as he nearly did) .... and he would have done more than harford!!!

ARG!!!

Stress fractures in his foot and you think playing with us would've made it less likely? EH?!

Look out.... Lance Whitnall has just run into an open goal holding the pill aloft (a la v West Coast a couple of years back)......

Originally posted by Snoozer
Look out.... Lance Whitnall has just run into an open goal holding the pill aloft (a la v West Coast a couple of years back)......
and we all remember how that game turned out...sigh :)

Originally posted by Jimmae
Stress fractures in his foot and you think playing with us would've made it less likely? EH?!

well if he hurt it in the game ... maybe it wouldnt have happened.

havent heard much about the injury to be honest ... but i was looking forward to him coming into the 1st and killing it1!!

Guys, this isn't a gimmee.

Assuming it is a reasonable night the Hawks are gonna go long.

Thompson, Barker, Dixon and Holland have damaged us in the past, and Williams and Bateman are good crumming forwards, Williams particularly is good overhead and has goal smarts.

They win their percentage of centre breaks with Everitt,
and Hodge, Lekkas and probably Smith can use the ball well and long.

They have a number of options on Fev with Hay, Jacobs (who can be loose) and Croad (prone to extended periods of inactivity), and if Fev can be held, this will be a hell of a lot closer than predicted.

Our midfield Campo, Stevens, and the lessers Scotland (who has been down) and Johnson (old club) has to use the ball better than last week and get forward of the ball.

Carlton by 8 points.

Hawthorn can still put up a fight, looking at their team last night I carmed down a little bit.

I thought that they would look weaker on paper, they still have some good players that could win a match for them.

Let's not get to cocky...

Originally posted by chemical
god i wish it was 7:30 right now

i know ... for some reason im very nervous about the game!!!

i just want it start ... and carlton to get off to a good start this week!!!!

C'mon blues!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back