Carlton will be fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that what was expected or has that just been what has occurred?

Murphy hasn’t taken over from Howe yet, and I certainly recall Howe having a good game on Curnow in our last match.

Does Murphy have the same influence? Unlikely.
Howe got owned when matched up on Curnow. It's not anything Howe did that made him miss sitters. Murphy didn't line up on him much, but was more effective IMO.

Please list the games Sidebottom has "dragged us over the line" in. He won't even sniff placing in our B&F. Probably not top 10 behind Crisp, Daicos x2, De Goey, Maynard, Pendlebury, Elliott, Lipinski and Adams.
He impacted in plenty of close games.

How many other players are capable of 45 metre bananas from the boundary?

Take away his skilful contributions and composure in tight contests and the results of many games are different.

You dont just replace those efforts.

Yep. The only reason I am posting is in response to you and others mentioning me in earlier posts.

I suspect the rent free thing is all yours.
No mate, you've made your own bed and when we're doing well next season and you're hiding we will tag the s**t out of you.

He impacted in plenty of close games.

How many other players are capable of 45 metre bananas from the boundary?

Take away his skilful contributions and composure in tight contests and the results of many games are different.

You dont just replace those efforts.
So it's gone from "dragging us over the line" to "skilful contributions".

So we can win the flag if things go right... Im really confused as to what the hell you're trying to say? Between the 'bad energy' mumbo jumbo and this... you really aren't making any sense whatsoever.

Our issue remains a lack of experience and a few below average depth players who limit our ability to move the ball.

All the rubbish about players in their prime vs not is just tomfoolery. Kade Simpsons prime lasted about 10 years. We likely have 4-5 years worth of really good footy from the entire core group you've named and in order to capitalise on that we need the playing group to lift the bottom 4-5 players in the 22 from below standard to good/above average and get some more experience in high pressure games to work on our deficiencies in those moments.
Never say never.
But chances are slim

Howe got owned when matched up on Curnow. It's not anything Howe did that made him miss sitters. Murphy didn't line up on him much, but was more effective IMO.
Most players do get owned aerially when they’re opposed to Curnow, but Howe managed to win a couple of crucial contests under pressure and generally competed well.

So it's gone from "dragging us over the line" to "skilful contributions".
It’s both really.

I’m more referencing Pendlebury’s major efforts in last quarters to get the ball inside 50 under extreme pressure and time constraints, but Sidebottom had plenty of moments across the season of impacting the play with composure when the game was on the line.

Well I very rarely post in opposition threads but see you as a regular boots all in in Collingwood threads.
Sigh*
You know what, 2022 season was glorious. Elliott kicking the winning goal and that loss that will be talked about for eternity and will cut deep.
Suck it up. Blues will be scarred like you and no they won't be OK.

Haha

Please show me where I have been a regular in Pie threads? More fictional claims I guess

It was a poor moment and also the second time in the last two minutes that he tried to burst through when he should have given off to a team-mate. He also didn't show much leadership and left guys like poor Durdin to figure it out for themselves. My point is I don't think he's a very good captain and Carlton should be looking at other options. That game should have been a 5 goal win, with the dominant Curnow backed by McKay, two Coleman medallists, you only have to break even in other areas to win easily. Carlton will not be fine if they don't fix the on-field leadership deficiency.
lol

So if Curnow kicks the 2 he should have in the last Cripps is then a better captain?

Not sure he's fast enough to be honest, Charlie likes to play on pretty quick and generally before a teammate has a chance to get over and whisper sweet nothings in his ear :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton may be fine going forward from a list perspective, but this year was a massive failure. To be in the top 8 every single round except the last day of the home and away season is tough. For a team that has finished in the top 8 only 3 times since 2001 (2009-2011) and played in 4 final series during that time (2009-2011 + 2013), making finals was too important to choke that way. You can point to injuries, but bad injury runs happen to many teams. Losing from 25 points up in the last quarter cannot be blamed on injury. Ultimately, the losses to Adelaide and St Kilda cost them. I think they lost 7 of their last 10 or something like that.

Surely they make finals and even push for top 4 next year? They have the list to do it and their fixture will likely be medium difficulty. It'll be interesting to see how Voss handles their off-season. I'm sure they'll be training for close games.

lol

So if Curnow kicks the 2 he should have in the last Cripps is then a better captain?

Not sure he's fast enough to be honest, Charlie likes to play on pretty quick and generally before a teammate has a chance to get over and whisper sweet nothings in his ear :tearsofjoy:
Yeah you're right, it wasn't just Cripps... it was a TEAM CHOKE

I'll let Kane explain it to you, every Carlton person should watch this

Yeah you're right, it wasn't just Cripps... it was a TEAM CHOKE

I'll let Kane explain it to you, every Carlton person should watch this

I think the more interesting part of that video is Lloyd's comments about there being no guarantees they'll continue to improve their win/loss ratio next year and beyond.

Plenty of stronger teams had 'down' years in 2022, in the same way Collingwood did in 2021.

I expect Port to be contending again for top 4 next year, Doggies will be better, maybe the Saints. Gold Coast will be better, particularly with Ben King back on the park.

If even a couple of those teams go past Carlton next year, they're relying on three or four to drop out of the 8.

Interesting times.

I think the more interesting part of that video is Lloyd's comments about there being no guarantees they'll continue to improve their win/loss ratio next year and beyond.

Plenty of stronger teams had 'down' years in 2022, in the same way Collingwood did in 2021.

I expect Port to be contending again for top 4 next year, Doggies will be better, maybe the Saints. Gold Coast will be better, particularly with Ben King back on the park.

If even a couple of those teams go past Carlton next year, they're relying on three or four to drop out of the 8.

Interesting times.
Yes good point

And there's also the Voss factor. The Lions got a bounce in his first year as coach, finishing 6th, but next year it was 13th and it didn't get any better after that

Does Carlton 2022 = St Kilda 1978?

Interesting times.
You said something like that last year, we managed to jump a few teams this year and we can certainly jump a few more next year.

Yes good point

And there's also the Voss factor. The Lions got a bounce in his first year as coach, finishing 6th, but next year it was 13th and it didn't get any better after that

Does Carlton 2022 = St Kilda 1978?
Looks like you're Fadge's apprentice now mate, good luck with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back