Carlton will be fine

Remove this Banner Ad

So far so good.
But is it?

Your coach from last year was sacked because he didn't make finals, and your President openly stated at the start of this season that finals were the pass mark for Carlton.

How many years missing out on finals when you should be playing them are acceptable?

I mean, nearly half the competition play finals, so it's not as if it's a massive achievement to do so...

But is it?

Your coach from last year was sacked because he didn't make finals, and your President openly stated at the start of this season that finals were the pass mark for Carlton.

How many years missing out on finals when you should be playing them are acceptable?

I mean, nearly half the competition play finals, so it's not as if it's a massive achievement to do so...
We rolled them Sunday. You don’t have to drop a grogan on their grave. 😂

But is it?

Mate you keep posting the same s**t.

Make a call.
Lemme guess, you wanna bet with me? You want a Ginnivan avatar like your mate? 😀

Too bad, it's too early

With 3 AAs, 2 Coleman medallists, plus Hewett, Williams, Cerra, Weitering and Walsh... well, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how Carlton didn't finish top 4 let alone top 8

Lemme guess, you wanna bet with me? You want a Ginnivan avatar like your mate? 😀

Too bad, it's too early

With 3 AAs, 2 Coleman medallists, plus Hewett, Williams, Cerra, Weitering and Walsh... well, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how Carlton didn't finish top 4 let alone top 8
What's all that got to do with what i said?

Carlton's top 6-8 players would walk into any other team while also being the top 4-6 players at many of those team's as well (incl Essendon) 🥺

However, there is an unhealthy reliance on that top end talent which isn't sustainable long term, yet they're still one of the few team's that could win any game just on the back of that talent firing on all cylinders at the same time.

The gameplan should also naturally evolve with another pre-season under Voss.

Wins and ladder position this year were inflated due to their fixture and on the back of a 8-2 start they should of made finals.

Predicting between 11-14 wins next year and finishing anywhere from 5th-9th.

Also, the manner in how Carlton lost their last 2 games is more than likely to galvanise the team than anything else. ✊

It was still *ing hilarious for the rest of us though. 🤣

So in spite of numerous spoons and being complete rubbish for two decades the Blues have still managed to win as many flags over a 30 year period as perennial finals losers the Magpies.

Not sure you’ve thought that one through.
AFL flags

Carl 1
Coll 2

AFL spoons

5 Carl
3 Melb & Sydney

Carlton are the StKilda of the AFL, nobody else comes close to Carlton's level.

It is sad watching once bitter rivals fall away to irrelevance, for the Pies it happened to Fitzroy, Melbourne and now Carlton.

AFL flags

Carl 1
Coll 2

AFL spoons

5 Carl
3 Melb & Sydney

It is sad watching once bitter rivals fall away to irrelevance, for the Pies it happened to Fitzroy, Melbourne and now Carlton.
Let’s see how ‘relevant’ the Pies are in 3 weeks time ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL flags

Carl 1
Coll 2

AFL spoons

5 Carl
3 Melb & Sydney

Footy in Melbourne has been going for about 175 years and you only want to talk about the AFL era, you're taking the cowards way out. All flags and records still count
Carlton 16 flags
Collingwood 15 flags
Carlton will get to 17 before Collingwood get to 16.

Footy in Melbourne has been going for about 175 years and you only want to talk about the AFL era, you're taking the cowards way out. All flags and records still count
Carlton 16 flags
Collingwood 15 flags
Carlton will get to 17 before Collingwood get to 16.
Think you should worry about finding a way to get amongst the September action before you start threatening premierships.

A good chance? You’re not too confident ;)

Are the Pies going to fall over the line against the Cats too?
??
Finish top4 and you are a good chance to still be around come PF week.
Very interesting few weeks coming up.
Not for Carlton fans, but you are used to living vicariously through other teams in September.

Bring on the 2023 off-season, Carlton fans fav part of the season where they talk themselves up as premiership quality list. The top4 bolter.

Things are good as a Carlton fan in February.

No hope against the Cats, if you could only beat a side with a dud coach, three of it's best mids out and a terrible bottom six by a point you better stay here and forget about footy for the rest of September.
You left out "lost to the Eagles", "only just beat North" etc etc

We've been hearing this sort of boring rubbish for months but keep getting the job done, you should jump on board the Pies' bandwagon and get a taste of September footy 😉

Finish top4 and you are a good chance to still be around come PF week.

Not for Carlton fans, but you are used to living vicariously through other teams in September.

Bring on the 2023 off-season, Carlton fans fav part of the season where they talk themselves up as premiership quality list. The top4 bolter.

Things are good as a Carlton fan in February.
So again - you're not confident.

That's the funny thing about yourself and and Fudge - when you've actually got to make a call you pull out faster than Rhys Shaw on Grand Final day.

A lot of hot air, very little conviction.

So again - you're not confident.

That's the funny thing about yourself and and Fudge - when you've actually got to make a call you pull out faster than Rhys Shaw on Grand Final day.

A lot of hot air, very little conviction.
I'm confident of beating Geelong, but after that it gets murky

It goes up several notches in September, you're playing the very best sides and every contest is serious

Finals aren't easy, as you guys may find out one day

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back