List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as though TSG despatched me over the fence for even mentioning Pickett a while back, an assault on his sensibilities if you will....how about this young chap?

I want an electric speed small fwd and won’t be denied ;)

I have a strong feeling the club has a fair number of players in their sights

Expecting a left field selection

Seeing as though TSG despatched me over the fence for even mentioning Pickett a while back, an assault on his sensibilities if you will....how about this young chap?

Good get.
Also check out Isiah Winder from WA.

Do you reckon he gets to 45?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like Jeffy Garlett type. 👍🏻

Crikey's didn't realise just how compromised this draft is, 15 out of the top 30 are F/S, NGA etc according to Rendell

This NGA crap is an absolute disgrace. Just researched Josh Eyre 2nd in 2km, 20m and both vertical jumps. * NGA. Article from June says has only had one session with the club, yet they get him for a discount and priority access.

Further to this, it was Vic Country combine. I am not well over Vic geography, but isn’t * a metro area? The club has done nothing to deserve this kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This NGA crap is an absolute disgrace. Just researched Josh Eyre 2nd in 2km, 20m and both vertical jumps. * NGA. Article from June says has only had one session with the club, yet they get him for a discount and priority access.

Further to this, it was Vic Country combine. I am not well over Vic geography, but isn’t * a metro area? The club has done nothing to deserve this kid.
They split up some of the regional areas, and NT as well, but we didn't ask for anything more than the Northern Knights' zone.

While under the criteria for the academy program that might seem like a smart decision given the demographics of inner Melbourne, we seem to have done SFA with that compared to literally every other club.

Between the initials of the name and the obvious gaming of the system without really giving back to minority communities, I'm happy to see the program get scuttled.

I agree that the NGA's should go for the 1st and 2nd Rounds, maybe from 3rd Round on clubs can have a first option on them.

FWIW, Twomey doesn't think Eyre will go until late anyway. He said their other NGA will go higher, whoever that is.

They split up some of the regional areas, and NT as well, but we didn't ask for anything more than the Northern Knights' zone.

While under the criteria for the academy program that might seem like a smart decision given the demographics of inner Melbourne, we seem to have done SFA with that compared to literally every other club.

Between the initials of the name and the obvious gaming of the system without really giving back to minority communities, I'm happy to see the program get scuttled.

I'm not usually one to stir the pot, but in talking with some parents from the northern zone, the problem we had within our NGA was with certain individuals running the Knights.

If an official or senior coach/assistant coach didn't think you were tall enough or you didn't play at their preferred clubs you didn't get a look in. They all mentioned they were very prejudice. Plenty of raw talent that could've evolved into something special if some of them bothered to look beyond their own noses and take some of these kids under their wings. They brought in some NGA kids and gave them a guernsey as a token gesture, but that was it and didn't really follow through.

Some players come from troubled backgrounds and needed more guidance than the dads and mums at their local footy clubs. If the Knights organisation bothered, they could've had some really good kids coming through in years gone by that also would've encouraged others to try and emulate them.

I coached basketball and had a light skinned indigenous boy who played for the Knights but didn't tell them he was a first nation Australian so he could get a game. He was an absolute jet, but was disheartened at the racial slurs he heard from coaches/teammates at training and on game day. Even though they weren't targeted at him, he decided to stop playing footy and focus on basketball.

I was told of another kid that got dropped the day before a TAC game because a tall kid with a basketball background was convinced to give footy a crack. The kid that got dropped was devastated and gave the game away a year or so later and the basketball kid was thrown in the ruck for the game and didn't contribute for the entire time he was there.

Not putting this out there to discuss/debate it, just passing on some information.

I'm not usually one to stir the pot, but in talking with some parents from the northern zone, the problem we had within our NGA was with certain individuals running the Knights.

If an official or senior coach/assistant coach didn't think you were tall enough or you didn't play at their preferred clubs you didn't get a look in. They all mentioned they were very prejudice. Plenty of raw talent that could've evolved into something special if some of them bothered to look beyond their own noses and take some of these kids under their wings. They brought in some NGA kids and gave them a guernsey as a token gesture, but that was it and didn't really follow through.

Some players come from troubled backgrounds and needed more guidance than the dads and mums at their local footy clubs. If the Knights organisation bothered, they could've had some really good kids coming through in years gone by that also would've encouraged others to try and emulate them.

I coached basketball and had a light skinned indigenous boy who played for the Knights but didn't tell them he was a first nation Australian so he could get a game. He was an absolute jet, but was disheartened at the racial slurs he heard from coaches/teammates at training and on game day. Even though they weren't targeted at him, he decided to stop playing footy and focus on basketball.

I was told of another kid that got dropped the day before a TAC game because a tall kid with a basketball background was convinced to give footy a crack. The kid that got dropped was devastated and gave the game away a year or so later and the basketball kid was thrown in the ruck for the game and didn't contribute for the entire time he was there.

Not putting this out there to discuss/debate it, just passing on some information.
Appreciate the info, though disappointed if the club didn't push them on this and bring some heat from AFL House. Shame that this is still happening in a modern sporting organisation, especially one that's intended as a professional pathway.

The Knights have been poor for years, I used to live in the zone, the zone should be a gold mine, big population boom, lots of gentrification and a very multicultural population.

Thus the failure of NGA. Surely if the process was legit, a club delegate, recruiter, support staffer would be all over any talented kid coming through and see that he, she had ample opportunity to prove themselves. I too coached regional basketball and I believe that every kid who had a crack at development had an opportunity in that sport.

I prefer Ford to Laurie, but for someone who get the ball and wins it clear an awful lot in that clip, he spends an incredible amount of time running the wrong way. Could be coaching, but it could also indicate a lack of game awareness.

In any case, he looks like Max Rooke with a bit more toe; loves a tackle, can take a mark and kick a goal.

Just recorded a vertical leap of 94cm at the combine

Appreciate the info, though disappointed if the club didn't push them on this and bring some heat from AFL House. Shame that this is still happening in a modern sporting organisation, especially one that's intended as a professional pathway.
I wouldn't read much into feedback from disgruntled parents, always going to be some that aren't happy their kid wasn't picked

Now this is the type work you are renowned for my very good friend.......................

.........but I still have the padded cell on hold just in case. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back