VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

he seems to be gaining some good confidence without the likes of Fullarton, Schache, and Farris-white clogging up the forward 50.
Who would have thought that you need to give guys opportunity to develop???

Very unimpressed by Tholstrup. Low-grade dog food disposal and decision-making.
Sounds like my scouting report on him at draft time and why I hated the pick. Shame I didn't watch the game so I could dance on his grave. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of hyperbole for sure. But my pre-draft concerns re: Windsor that he doesn’t win enough ball, and when he does get it his disposal is very average are ringing true to my eye. I’m calling 2023 draft a bust and a huge loss on balance.
I think Windsor has been great with the possessions hes got for the most part, sure he's kicked some shockers but most of the time he makes something happen, impact per possession would be one of the best in the team imo.

I think Windsor has been great with the possessions hes got for the most part, sure he's kicked some shockers but most of the time he makes something happen, impact per possession would be one of the best in the team imo.
Fair enough and I could easily be wrong. Hope I am tbh.

Very unimpressed by Tholstrup. Low-grade dog food disposal and decision-making.
Showing very little tbh. Really not sure wtf he brings to the table from what I've seen. Sounds like he got picked that high because he's a nice guy. Not calling him a bust just yet, but he's gotta start showing something. He should be feeling comfortable at VFL level by now.

Showing very little tbh. Really not sure wtf he brings to the table from what I've seen. Sounds like he got picked that high because he's a nice guy. Not calling him a bust just yet, but he's gotta start showing something. He should be feeling comfortable at VFL level by now.
Reckon we can probably cool it on the 'bust' and bust adjacent talk just for a minute. Seven of the top 20 from last year's draft are yet to debut, while another four have played two games or less.

Had 24 touches in the VFL on the weekend, and three of his six games he's had 20+ touches – he's doing enough for an 18-year-old teens pick in his first year.

I reckon we’ll find that this draft was very, very strong in the top 10 or so then falls away a bit.

We did try to move this pick on to get higher up the board.

I dont think Tholstrup was selected as a match winner. I’m envisaging more of an ANB type role player - which will be fine with me.

I reckon we’ll find that this draft was very, very strong in the top 10 or so then falls away a bit.

We did try to move this pick on to get higher up the board.

I dont think Tholstrup was selected as a match winner. I’m envisaging more of an ANB type role player - which will be fine with me.

We gave up 2 x 2nd round picks just to move up 3 spots in the draft for Tholstrupp. Would hope for someone better than ANB.

Also those excited over Jeffos 5 goals, remember he booted 7 in an early match for Casey then gave 18 months of nothing so I wouldn’t be counting the chickens just yet.

We gave up 2 x 2nd round picks just to move up 3 spots in the draft for Tholstrupp. Would hope for someone better than ANB.

Also those excited over Jeffos 5 goals, remember he booted 7 in an early match for Casey then gave 18 months of nothing so I wouldn’t be counting the chickens just yet.
That move was probably more about knowing that we wouldn’t use our second rounders so there was no point having them.

We possibly thought Windsor could be available with the pick at that time as well - no way we made that move because Tholstrup was the specific target.

That move was probably more about knowing that we wouldn’t use our second rounders so there was no point having them.

We possibly thought Windsor could be available with the pick at that time as well - no way we made that move because Tholstrup was the specific target.
It was clearly a hail mary for Reid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back