VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure George needs to play e VFL games to qualify
Eligibility for mid season draft is either three games in the next tier comp (e.g. VFL) OR was on an AFL list previously and was delisted OR nominated for the previous AFL national draft.

From what I can see Roy George doesn’t meet any of that.

On the VFL coverage yesterday the commentators said former GWS Daniel Lloyd isn’t eligible even though he met the criteria of previously being on an AFL list but he retired rather than was delisted.

Brisbane asked for an exemption and the AFL denied it.

Eligibility for mid season draft is either three games in the next tier comp (e.g. VFL) OR was on an AFL list previously and was delisted OR nominated for the previous AFL national draft.

From what I can see Roy George doesn’t meet any of that.

On the VFL coverage yesterday the commentators said former GWS Daniel Lloyd isn’t eligible even though he met the criteria of previously being on an AFL list but he retired rather than was delisted.

Brisbane asked for an exemption and the AFL denied it.
This is a really meaningless distinction imo.

This is a really meaningless distinction imo.
I’m guessing the retirement vs. delisting eligibility distinction is probably due to the Mal Michael situation.

My recollection is he “retired” when at Brisbane, so Brisbane delisted him, and then he miraculously “unretired” two months later so Essendon could pick him up in the pre-season draft.

It was a loophole that players could use to break a contract, or avoid needing to go through a trade to move clubs.

INS - J.Billings, K.Tholstrup, B.Brown, T.Fullarton, B.Laplanche, Z.Toledo
OUTS - L.Hunter, N.Moodie, K.Shipp, C.Peters, C.Lewis, J.Bell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard team to coach i think. Never sure who will be available , especially when Melbourne play interstate . A bunch of VFL listed players who may or may not play at all most weekends getting thrown in .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back