Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
Hi guys there is a lot of talk about SDK and I reckon after taking so many big hits last year he is struggling above the shoulders a bit. I have no doubt he will overcome these but he is only young and like a 50 gamer approx I think people need to calm down. Kid is gonna be a fun hopefully for the next 10 years or so

Boys...
Max Holmes... Many different media outlets are saying that Max Holmes is worth in the vicinity of $1 Million a season... I know not everything you read in papers are true... But seriously is this a joke! Maybe on the next 2 or 3 years time when the word " He might POTENTIALLY, become 1 of the league's best mids"

If clubs are going to pay that much, what would he be worth in a trade sense ( picks ) for Geelong!

Cheers FoxDog50

May have gone a little early, so posting here again:

If you discount De Koning’s fabulous first season - and were picking a team on form (not potential or talent) would De Koning get a spot?
He was poor last year and again on Saturday gave away multiple frees and kept spilling marks.
I think he should definitely be selected every week this yr for his potential and growth, but just posing a thought experiment here - if you were picking a team for right NOW, does his form warrant selection…?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FWIW I did actually mean what do you project Ollie Henry to become, not in any way putting down a young bloke as I am a massive O HENRY fan... but I appreciate you trying to clear that up Kingy while Benny started going down the garden path

Hey gents. How does our VFL team play with 13 AFL listed players and manage to lose by 50 points to a team with 0 AFL listed players? Is this a concern?

Gutsy win by the kittens.

It looks like we’ve unearthed another couple of forwards in Dempsey and Mannagh. How do they fit into a list with full availability? Does Mannagh or Miers go into the midfield? Could a fit Gary Rohan’s pace translate to bursts through the middle ?

Does Parfits 20 possessions earn him another run on bench/sub/energency?

Hi all,

Recording the Easter edition of the Cat Attack Podcast on Thursday around lunchtime.

Fire away.

Kingy

Hi guys,

Great win against the crows last week.

Question 1:
If coaches could get votes alongside players for best on, where would you rate Matthew Nicks performance?

I would personally give Nicks 4 votes behind Stewart with 5.

Question 2:
Are you as uncomfortable with the media writing off the Hawks midfield as i am?

Statistically one of the best midfields last year, but a piece on the afl website from Riley Beveridge calls out the Hawks as having a historically bad midfield this year. But their stats are all based on 2 games, one against the Demons.

Under fire, failing to adapt without Day so far. Surely they have the pieces to put it together and put up a strong fight against our midfield missing by far our best and most experienced mids in Guthrie and Dangerfield.

We simply must take advantage of the good start to get Dangerfield back being either 3-1 or 4-0 with much stronger opposition to come.

Last edited:
Lads..

Ive been a big Bewsy fan - even the OOB OTF each game... its Bewsy Bingo and you can drink everytime it happens -
But im a bit bemused by the " is Bewsy done" talk.
Was he not injured and had off season surgery and isnt he a bit slower getting back to full speed?
Id still have him as our best pure small defender for taking on the likes of Cameron, Papley et al.

When fit he's in by best 22. Hes only 30.. so its not like hes Hawkins old or anything.

Am I off base in my thinking here? I think he can still play 18 games this year.

And hats off to Brandon Parfitt. Really just got in there and did it. Credit to him

The notes on Mannagh - Seems to not be out of place at this level and as Benny noted preseason he'd want to hit the ground running and so far he has mostly. we might have a good serviceable player there.

Neale watch - Nothing to report from VFL this weekend other than deplorable F50 entries and a lackluster game from the 33.
Looking to rebound this week.

Lochness Conway - getting better each week but I reckon would still struggle to make a full AFL game at this moment. Agree or disagree?

Tomma 350...."what else can you say?!?! Sandy Roberts style....

GO Catters

Last edited:
Hi all,

Recording the Easter edition of the Cat Attack Podcast on Thursday around lunchtime.

Fire away.

Kingy

Pretty good win considering no Guthrie, then add no Duncan bruhn atkins. Real team effort sort of stuff. Keeping them to 11 goals from 66 inside 50s suggests we pressured their mids, defended well and hung tough when they had momentum. Parfit 20 touches 10 tackles did all he can to keep his place, Dempsey no goals but 2 goal assists and kept himself in the game. Stanley was better but still well beaten and needs to London fog. Loch Ness Conway 37 hit outs and 17 possessions in vfl. The big hawk found his hands in the third qtr and he’s back. SDK a couple of turnovers but he’s played 46 games taking the opp biggest forward, he’s going fine. Kolo solid again, becoming a father is working for him.
Spoke last week about started well at moron park, keep crowd out of it and we did just that. Tackling early was real Greco Roman grappling sort of arrangement. To be critical I thought knevitt could have been activated as sub much earlier.
Now to the stinky hawks on Monday after Gary senior does his thing on Easter Sunday. I’d love to see Conway come in against an inexperienced hawks ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys

Regarding the hate you were copping last week - it's easy to have opinions after the fact, or hang sh1t on people whose opinions or observations proved to be wrong. It takes some guts to put your opinions out there for the public to judge. Sometimes you'll be right, other times you'll be wrong. As long as you're doing it respectfully - which I think you guys were - play on.

Big Hawk's 350th has come around very quickly. Absolute legend. How do you see life for the Cats after Hawkins? Hopefully Neale can come on quickly, but other than him who have we got? Future looks bright for our small forwards, and Ollie Henry is going to be a star. Maybe need to pick up another young big man in the next couple of years.

Good luck with the call on Monday. Can't wait for the game. Go Cats.

Saw some criticism of you guys on the F***book Geelong Cats group
Listen to you guys every week. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s the inside word about Mullin?

How confident are the club that in a year or two that’ll it’ll just all click and he will be a very good player.

Looks like the club is going with him ahead of Bews when we want a small defender in the 22.

Wouldn’t mind Mullin running around freely in the VFL and getting the pill a bunch more times…. Thus fast tracking his offensive game.

Guys,

might be too late (again), but do you have a K-Rock live stream of the game? I can’t listen to BT anymore!!!

Also, Zac Guthrie 60kg wringing wet a few years back has now become a seriously good footballer. Thoughts?

Guys,

might be too late (again), but do you have a K-Rock live stream of the game? I can’t listen to BT anymore!!!

Also, Zac Guthrie 60kg wringing wet a few years back has now become a seriously good footballer. Thoughts?

www.krockfootball.live

works from anywhere in the world except at KP where there is no mobile coverage or wifi lol

GO Catters

Hey boys

Regarding the hate you were copping last week - it's easy to have opinions after the fact, or hang sh1t on people whose opinions or observations proved to be wrong. It takes some guts to put your opinions out there for the public to judge. Sometimes you'll be right, other times you'll be wrong. As long as you're doing it respectfully - which I think you guys were - play on.

Big Hawk's 350th has come around very quickly. Absolute legend. How do you see life for the Cats after Hawkins? Hopefully Neale can come on quickly, but other than him who have we got? Future looks bright for our small forwards, and Ollie Henry is going to be a star. Maybe need to pick up another young big man in the next couple of years.

Good luck with the call on Monday. Can't wait for the game. Go Cats.
Saw some criticism of you guys on the F***book Geelong Cats group
Listen to you guys every week. Keep up the good work, nuffs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Honestly don't even think we should address the slander on other platforms.

We are exceptionally lucky as a fan group to have the k rock guys pull a podcast every week.

Guys,

Just missed us!

Strange. I saw it on my Apple Podcast feed yesterday afternoon, but it was gone when I went to listen to it later.

The direct audioboom link works so thanks for that.

Thanks, Scorpio. Had a couple of people mention Apple issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back