Unofficial Preview Cats V Hawks - Another Chapter in THE RIVALRY..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negligible difference. 0.3 vs 0.9 goal average and thats because Cunico is more midfielder than small forward. What the statistics don't show is Parsons inability to provide pressure. I'd also take Murdoch over Parsons even though his goal average is slightly less. To be honest our small forward stocks are crap and have been for over 5 years. The club has still failed to sort it out. Miers and Fogarty are supposed to be our latest fixes but thats not looking great yet.
Really? Miers is yet to play an AFL game. Fogarty has played a lot of games but is yet to impress, however nobody other than you is claiming he is some sort of "fix", he is but one of a group of young small forwards we have been trying for years, the only ones who have really nailed their spots are Parfitt (second season, 20 years old) and McCarthy and Cockatoo, both injured.

For 3 bloody years I've been listening to Scott with his we don't know what our best side is,and here we are 3 rounds out from another finals series and we're still dithering,I've lost faith in selection,this weeks side was Zuthrie short of me going we're got to be tanking.
One Zuth short of a tank.

Could Joel sacrifice his game to play on Mitchell, Mitchell is not just going to let Sel roam free and I think Joel has the tools to at least nulify mitchell at the stoppage.

Allow Scooter to take Burgyone
Guthrie on Smith
Duncan head to head with O'Meara

Henderson v Roughead
Blicavs v Bruest
2e v Puopolo

Hawkins v Frawley
Menzel v Brand
Stratton v Henry

Question how do they stop Dangerfield, Ablett & Kelly without Howe in the team

Stanley also extremely important especially without McEvoy in the side

Really? Miers is yet to play an AFL game. Fogarty has played a lot of games but is yet to impress, however nobody other than you is claiming he is some sort of "fix", he is but one of a group of young small forwards we have been trying for years, the only ones who have really nailed their spots are Parfitt (second season, 20 years old) and McCarthy and Cockatoo, both injured.

Fogarty hasn’t impressed? His been very good for a first year player. IS a player of the future for sure

I may have sold him under. He has shown a lot of potential, but is a long way from a fit McCarthy or Cocky. You're right, he appears to be a player of the future.

I don’t get the hype around McCarthy but I do around cockatoo who I have streets ahead of McCarthy.

Fogarty will be a very good player, this you can already see from his skill set and evenness across his abilities

Clarko talking the game up as a final.
It's going to be on, we gotta be prepared.
Like CS, Clarko is quite complimentary to the Cat's/Hawks/Swans rivalry and programs. On game day and straight after, all three coaches are very defensive about their charges - and fair enough too if they've lost. But after the fog of war has cleared, all three are very effusive in praise to each others teams.

Of course he is. He’s an utter professional with expectations on his playing list.
Scott, not so much
Well, if you call "utter professional", Clarko telling the reporters that they may not win the game and they were unlikely to win the cup this year, and you prefer this sort of coach I really don't know what to say.

Personally, I like CS and his high expectations of our playing group.

Gotta tag and block him. He shits me but by jingo (hate off to Lou) he is having a wonderful year.

Maybe O'Connor will go to him cos that's the only reason to play him i can see.
O'Connor is quick and that will be an asset tomorrow. Perhaps he has really good application and can tag. He could be the Bews replacement, or straight onto Mitchell- brave move if so. CS is not going to die wondering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Connor is quick and that will be an asset tomorrow. Perhaps he has really good application and can tag. He could be the Bews replacement, or straight onto Mitchell- brave move if so. CS is not going to die wondering.
This is exactly it. Backing your players to come in and do the job. Trusting them on the big stage. Believing in them. This is everything that a good coach does.

I don’t get the hype around McCarthy but I do around cockatoo who I have streets ahead of McCarthy.

Fogarty will be a very good player, this you can already see from his skill set and evenness across his abilities
The one full game McCarthy played earlier this year I think he kicked 2.3 and could easily have finished with 4. Picked up around 15 touches from a forward pocket, some vicious tackles, marks, leading...pretty much the best display I've seen from any of our small forwards all year; that is from memory. I think he was injured in the first quarter the following week. The main difference I see, is that Cocky still has a mass of potential that we are yet to see, he could possibly do anything, speed, skills, good in the air, on the ground, tackle, and a bit of mongrel. Just needs a couple of full seasons behind him. I am not sure either McCarthy or Cocky will make it given their relentless injuries over the last two years.

Can’t be overly worried about Mitchell. We have the best ball winning midfield in the comp. If he gets a hold of us it means ours have failed to do their job in getting the pill first.

Guys let’s go out there tomorrow and burry them and be relentless.

It’s 3 weeks out from finals and we need to be hitting our straps.

Don’t treat them like they are a top four team because they aren’t.

We are a better side than hawthorn.

I want to see us win by 6+ goals tomorrow and make a statement

Can’t be overly worried about Mitchell. We have the best ball winning midfield in the comp. If he gets a hold of us it means ours have failed to do their job in getting the pill first.

I don’t think we could have played worse or had anymore injury bad luck than we did against them last time yet we only went down by a point.

No excuses tomorrow

It's not as simple as that.
The last time, our big 3 got 95 (69 effective) and Kelly got another 27, to Mitchell's 40 (25 effective) and O'Meara's 21, and they still won.
We need to pay some attention to him.

We have 4 midfielders who are better than Mitchell. You back yourself in to win the contests and the rest takes care of itself. Stop their uncontested marking game and we win like the other times we've beaten them. Our bottom 6 is better than theirs and so is our top end.

We have 4 midfielders who are better than Mitchell. You back yourself in to win the contests and the rest takes care of itself. Stop their uncontested marking game and we win like the other times we've beaten them. Our bottom 6 is better than theirs and so is our top end.
We backed ourselves to do this last time and we did it, and we still lost.

It's not as simple as that.
The last time, our big 3 got 95 (69 effective) and Kelly got another 27, to Mitchell's 40 (25 effective) and O'Meara's 21, and they still won.
We need to pay some attention to him.
The famous George Cann of the La Perouse snake show always put the snake that was most likely to kill him in the bag first,then got on with the show.Put Mitchell in the bag early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back