Centrelink Law Reform Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been paying back C-Link for a loan I got a while ago, over xmas I got a bit slack wiith repayments but I know it's less than $100 left that I owe them...

Admittedly been a few years since i've done it but i always thought the repayments were automatic ??...

when you're getting C-Link payments, they take it out automatically from what you get from them

but I stopped getting C-Link payments so I had to start paying it back manually
How inconvenient.
Most govt depts i've seen accept BPay...whilst you were on the net being pissed off with how pathetic it was a website wasnt working, did you explore another option ? Do they have offices or let you pay thru the post office like others ?
I;m sure we can all sympathise and understand how much it would have burned. Despite those useless bastards offering all those convenient options of paying the taxpayer back you managed to find one that wasnt actually working, and thought it worth a whinge.
Must be a bastard having to pay the mortgage/rent. Do you find them to be far more understanding ?

How inconvenient.
Most govt depts i've seen accept BPay...whilst you were on the net being pissed off with how pathetic it was a website wasnt working, did you explore another option ? Do they have offices or let you pay thru the post office like others ?
I;m sure we can all sympathise and understand how much it would have burned. Despite those useless bastards offering all those convenient options of paying the taxpayer back you managed to find one that wasnt actually working, and thought it worth a whinge.
Must be a bastard having to pay the mortgage/rent. Do you find them to be far more understanding ?
Whilst more and more Govt and business try to push you to their web site in an effort to do business with them, you would at least expect the site to work.
Business (and ATO) want you to receive accounts via email, I ask them is there a discount for this given that they will be saving money by not sending an account, when they say 'no, so do I, much rather pay a $1 to post them the money.
The convenience and saving money is for them, I don't mind a walk to the post box.

Bollox * man.........
Nothing goods gonna come out of you adding your 10 cents worth here , seriously dude , if you wanna feel a bit better about yourself every few days , just kick the cat ffs :eek:

You're not ZEEBEEDEE or CHARLEEGIRL on whirlpool are you ???

How inconvenient.

I'll humour you for one more time..

Bpay was indeed the medium I was using to pay them back. That was always working. What wasn't working was the mygov site, where I was trying to check how much of the debt was left to pay, as I didn't want to pay them back more than I needed to ~

Does your arse get sore sitting in your ivory tower?

Website cooked again.
Instead of logging me out as soon as i clicked something , now i'm getting the proxy error.
So tomorrow will mark the 4th fortnight i'm on the phone for an hour with them , seriously it's starting to make me feel crook.

As you know I am in the financial services industry focusing on SMSFs and we do a bit of Centrelink for the clients.

Some Centrelink Customer Services reps are great and get stuff solved. Others, you know more than they do about the benefits, asset test, income test and what not.

It doesn't help that authorities and income streams suddenly get lost and trigger a suspension of a client's age pension like it happened this year. The most annoying part was that they had an online service for income streams and still managed to stuff it up with a lack of a confirmation screen after you entered it in.

It is unbelievably annoying because we look bad for it. Not Centrelink and that I have to call Centrelink up to see what is going on which is an hour of my time generally that I cannot use my phone.

I just think something is not being managed right in there. It isn't the customer service reps but the people who manage it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst more and more Govt and business try to push you to their web site in an effort to do business with them, you would at least expect the site to work.
Business (and ATO) want you to receive accounts via email, I ask them is there a discount for this given that they will be saving money by not sending an account, when they say 'no, so do I, much rather pay a $1 to post them the money.
The convenience and saving money is for them, I don't mind a walk to the post box.

Do you really take this approach with the ATO Maggie? Because the less it costs to run the ATO the more there is to spend on other things like, you know, healthcare or education. But you keep sticking to them by using mail because they won't give you a discount on your tax. No difference between you and Gina Rinehardt when it comes to views on paying as little tax as possible.

Regards

S. Pete

Do you really take this approach with the ATO Maggie? Because the less it costs to run the ATO the more there is to spend on other things like, you know, healthcare or education. But you keep sticking to them by using mail because they won't give you a discount on your tax. No difference between you and Gina Rinehardt when it comes to views on paying as little tax as possible.

Regards

S. Pete
So you don't approve of Gina or anyone else trying to minimise paying tax? I am surprised.
Maggie5

I think the internet should be used more often with government systems. There is literally no reason not to use it.

The older folk can use the mailing and fax system but the government should be encouraging everyone to go online.

My main bone to pick that when encouraging to everyone to go online that the service is run poorly which isn't good.

I have had issues in the past with both CBA and ATO as on their websites they had local 1300 numbers which couldn't be dialled from the UK. Very painful.

Do you really take this approach with the ATO Maggie?

I think her approach is fair enough. Its a slippery slope. VAT returns in the UK now have to be online, basically taking that approach forces me to use an accountant which I didn't in the past. I have been fined for late lodgement even though my return was sent (emailed) on time. I would rather have registered post.

And now surprise surprise they want to move to quarterly returns for companies to bring tax forward.

Busting people selling stuff on eBay and not declaring the money as income

what a bunch of scumbags - it's like a reverse robin hood or someshit

http://www.smh.com.au/national/cent...-cheats-via-social-media-20160203-gmkv2b.html

they actually hire contractors to search facebook to try to catch people out online...

you'd have to be a scabcampaigner to work that job
They must feel so good after catching them that they go and have a Subway or a big Mac whilst on their Iphone congratulating each other.

Interesting chat with a FP yesterday who claimed he advises clients to divorce to claim the pension they would not otherwise be eligible for. We do need reform!
Centrelink may pick up on that if they're living at the same house. Might claim that they're de-facto now and shove em onto a couples pension.

But it is concerning that a singles pension seems more beneficial than the couples one. Especially after 1st Jan 2017 rules.

Centrelink may pick up on that if they're living at the same house. Might claim that they're de-facto now and shove em onto a couples pension.

But it is concerning that a singles pension seems more beneficial than the couples one. Especially after 1st Jan 2017 rules.
How different is it? I thought it would just be double the single pension. Are there other benefits too?

How different is it? I thought it would just be double the single pension. Are there other benefits too?

Max Couples Pension is $653.50 each, Max Singles is $867.00 but they have different assets and income tests.

You can get the $867 each as couples if one member of the couple cannot live at home due to illness. I have no idea why it is the case but it can be beneficial to be single as Power Raid has stated.

But if Centrelink pick up that you live at the same Primary Residence, they'll start asking questions.

Busting people selling stuff on eBay and not declaring the money as income

what a bunch of scumbags - it's like a reverse robin hood or someshit

http://www.smh.com.au/national/cent...-cheats-via-social-media-20160203-gmkv2b.html

they actually hire contractors to search facebook to try to catch people out online...

you'd have to be a scabcampaigner to work that job

Interesting chat with a FP yesterday who claimed he advises clients to divorce to claim the pension they would not otherwise be eligible for. We do need reform!

Reading the above article, your mate might be in trouble if he is advocating this. He better start changing his tune before he loses his AR status.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back