Bombermania

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
He just reckons those who would normally be waiters were out of a job (casuals I presume), now get as much on jobseeker or there abouts as they probably would for a normal week so aren't interested in working. Could probably earn a bit more if they worked bit not worth the hours involved for a little bit more income.

Reckons normally puts an ad out for a job he gets 300 replies/enquiries, now gets 20 or 30

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
It is the quality of the applicants not the quantity of applicants that matters and often the number of applicants is inflated because of the government's mutual obligation requirements.

To complete against jobseeker then he will need to offer higher wages or accept he needs to find ways to manage.

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It is the quality of the applicants not the quantity of applicants that matters and often the number of applicants is inflated because of the government's mutual obligation requirements.

To complete against jobseeker then he will need to offer higher wages or accept he needs to find ways to manage.
Not for long......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just spoke with a chef at a restaurant, he can't get someone to work for him as a waiter - they all just want jobseeker. People don't turn up for interview and one guy he just hired today and then an hour later called up saying he can't work fri-sun nights......

He reckons restaurants/hospitality are crying out for workers.......

He just reckons those who would normally be waiters were out of a job (casuals I presume), now get as much on jobseeker or there abouts as they probably would for a normal week so aren't interested in working. Could probably earn a bit more if they worked bit not worth the hours involved for a little bit more income.

Reckons normally puts an ad out for a job he gets 300 replies/enquiries, now gets 20 or 30

Because they apparently are the type who apply for a job that is wed-sun and then say they can't work fri-sun......

Probably tick it off as a job interview so they can get government handouts......

What a crock of sh*t.

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The ignore function is your friend. Certainly helps with my blood pressure.
i've had the campaigner on ignore for ages. The truth is not everything he writes is sh*t and he does have some redeeming features so i read a fair bit of what he has to say anyway.

But the stuff he says about blackfellas is just wrong and it deserves scorn.

EDit lol I barely looked at who you quoted me abusing and assumed it was tef/snake baker.

LOL

None of that stuff I typoed applies to FRUMPY

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is?

Pretty much your whole argument.

Its illogical garbage.

Because one person who applied for a job now can't work some hours every one of the 20 or 30 people who apply for these positions is exactly that sort of person and the fact that its only 20 or 30 instead of 300 (for one job!! - how f’ed up is the economy then?) means the other 270 odd people are all dole bludgers.

I'll bet you think the left are the ones who get off on outrage.

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty much your whole argument.

Its illogical garbage.

Because one person who applied for a job now can't work some hours every one of the 20 or 30 people who apply for these positions is exactly that sort of person and the fact that its only 20 or 30 instead of 300 (for one job!! - how f’ed up is the economy then?) means the other 270 odd people are all dole bludgers.

I'll bet you think the left are the ones who get off on outrage.
I don't know what the left or right are so you can say whatever about that

Just saying what he told us, was a chatty catty old mate. The one person who he hired that day, I would presume, would have been the best of the 20-30 who applied. Then an HR later turns around and says he want work certain nights.....wasn't the only one he mentioned who say they want the job (working in a restaurant) and can't work nights etc.....

I don't know what the other 270 odd are doing, he says alot of waiting staff don't want to work as they are on jobseeker......

He says he doesn't pay cash wages either so would cut over 50% of people looking for a job in hospitality

Just his word, I found it interesting

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
With the obligatory "it's not just women" caveat:

A few things dont ring right to me

She has moved all over the place - so has no specific preference in where she lives - apart from medical needs
Has a DP - is therefore locked into the Social system and has access to all that offers ( plus the downsides)
Thinks because of her DP rental is outside her means

If she is willing to live anywhere ( as by her house sitting) then there are many areas she could move to that gives her access to cheap rental , medical and social needs

*not minimising the concerns raised by the article as our receptionist has moved on because of these fears and no guarantees of work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over The Post

Quarantine Chimp
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
bad for the employer because they need to sift through so many.
They don't. Skim through to find a few likelies and bin the rest. JSP last week was saying to dumb down my resume and cut it to two pages (how do you fit 40 years experience in different industries into two pages?) and jazz up the cover letter because that was the only thing that was going to be looked at.

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
They don't. Skim through to find a few likelies and bin the rest. JSP last week was saying to dumb down my resume and cut it to two pages (how do you fit 40 years experience in different industries into two pages?) and jazz up the cover letter because that was the only thing that was going to be looked at.
One employer , near me , told me straight out '' every applicant from north of the city gets binned''

Rotayjay

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
On 'Insiders' today Frydenberg kept on with his line that the boost to Jobseeker was always going to be temporary and the government doesn't want to bake in increased spending. I guess an adequate safety net for the Australians you serve is not worthwhile expenditure then ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad