AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
I've found the biggest problem in regional Victoria is areas that appear to have never grown outside their original small footprint and all the houses are very, very old are very hard to find something you'd want to live in.

Better regional areas that have had newer houses built will offer a lot better and affordable options. You can get a fairly new 3 bedroom house for about 350-400 a week in some areas or an older style house for under 300.

It really depends on how many options there are in that market.
Snobbing the jobs and the houses

I wonder what their "intensive training" will entail?
That doesn't specify if it's $25 a week on top of the permanent rate rise ( $50 a F/N ) starting after march.

Sounds like it's just the same one which just makes the past 24hrs on twitter an auspol wank

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

It's always the "rogue operators"...
And yet the Morrison Government had an opportunity to wipe out these ''rogues'' and squibbed at the last minute - withdrawing a section that would have seen Directors responsible for underpaying workers

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Gerry Harvey: Absolute ******* scum of the earth.

So they were eligible for Jobkeeper based on the goverments rules, the business survived covid and is flourishing (like a s**t load of businesses) and you expect them to pay back jobkeeper? A main reason for jobkeeper was to keep businesses afloat during the first 6 months of covid and then hiope they can stand on their own two feet....

I have no doubt (and i know first hand, alot of businesses have done this), that Big Businesses manufactured a result to become eligible for Jobkeeper. Was always going to happen especially with the 'one bad month gets you 6 months Jobkeeper' eligibility. It was very easy to manufacture results.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
So they were eligible for Jobkeeper based on the goverments rules, the business survived covid and is flourishing (like a sh*t load of businesses) and you expect them to pay back jobkeeper? A main reason for jobkeeper was to keep businesses afloat during the first 6 months of covid and then hiope they can stand on their own two feet....

I have no doubt (and i know first hand, alot of businesses have done this), that Big Businesses manufactured a result to become eligible for Jobkeeper. Was always going to happen especially with the 'one bad month gets you 6 months Jobkeeper' eligibility. It was very easy to manufacture results.
The problem is not the fact that they rorted the system to get Jobkeeper. The problem is that a) businesses like Harvey Norman laid people off over the duration of Jobkeeper and are now experiencing booms or record profits (ie, channelled jobkeeper directly into the shareholder's pockets instead of using it for what it is for) and b) the leniency with which these businesses are being treated by the same government that delivered Robodebt.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The problem is not the fact that they rorted the system to get Jobkeeper. The problem is that a) businesses like Harvey Norman laid people off over the duration of Jobkeeper and are now experiencing booms or record profits (ie, channelled jobkeeper directly into the shareholder's pockets instead of using it for what it is for) and b) the leniency with which these businesses are being treated by the same government that delivered Robodebt.

They don't get jobkeeper for employees they fired during the jobkeepr period.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

Absolute ******* campaigner.

Australians are just too apathetic to get off their arses to do anything about these *ers, unfortunately I think Australia as a country is going to have to become as completely deranged as the US before there is any real pushback.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Stolen from twitter

suez.jpg

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

Yeah nah, hmm. Lack of affordable housing and medical services is a biggie.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon

Yeah nah, hmm. Lack of affordable housing and medical services is a biggie.
Billy doesn't make a very convincing argument, it if he does the journalist hasn't articulated it. He says he wants to build experience, take a job. It doesn't have to be your last, and it will look better than 5 years of hanging out with your friends on your resume.

Billy doesn't make a very convincing argument, it if he does the journalist hasn't articulated it. He says he wants to build experience, take a job. It doesn't have to be your last, and it will look better than 5 years of hanging out with your friends on your resume.

I kind of have issues with people saying "my mental health will suffer".
Unless they already have had issues, its setting yourself up for failure i think.

Its like going into a footy game thinking " i'm gong to be s**t today". Thinking like that you probably will.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
I kind of have issues with people saying "my mental health will suffer".
Unless they already have had issues, its setting yourself up for failure i think.

Its like going into a footy game thinking " i'm gong to be sh*t today". Thinking like that you probably will.

I see your POV, but people who think like that are IMO likely to have had or now have notable mental problems, possibly to a degree where it has actually affected their work or studies.

Hence, their pessimism is probably due to past negative conditioning or reinforcement, which is difficult to break for a sustained period.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

I do odd jobs to supplement the dole - didn't realise that anything I earn over $150 is now (effectively) taxed by 50% and anything over $250 is at 60%. What an incentive to get off your arse. So if I do as I did a couple of weeks ago and drove a van for 14 hours and picked up $250, and another couple of short trips for $100, they will cut the dole by $110. So much for being honest and declaring what I get.

They estimate another 150,000 will become unemployed as a result of JK ending. *ers are crowing that job advertisements increased by 7 per cent in February to 192,000 vacancies. But the not-so-good news is that for every entry-level job out there, 60 people happen to be looking for work, according to ACOSS spokeswoman Cassandra Goldie.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

I do odd jobs to supplement the dole - didn't realise that anything I earn over $150 is now (effectively) taxed by 50% and anything over $250 is at 60%. What an incentive to get off your arse. So if I do as I did a couple of weeks ago and drove a van for 14 hours and picked up $250, and another couple of short trips for $100, they will cut the dole by $110. So much for being honest and declaring what I get.

They estimate another 150,000 will become unemployed as a result of JK ending. f***ers are crowing that job advertisements increased by 7 per cent in February to 192,000 vacancies. But the not-so-good news is that for every entry-level job out there, 60 people happen to be looking for work, according to ACOSS spokeswoman Cassandra Goldie.
Was in the same position as you - but there needs to be a level . It may be the Tax structure that needs looking at more than the income

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
There seems to be a bit of pushback about the "doomsday" 150,000 job losses.

"We believe that in the order of 100,000 to 150,000 JobKeeper recipients may lose employment at the completion of the program, though there is a wide band of uncertainty around this estimate," Treasury secretary Dr Steven Kennedy told Senate Estimates this week.
"Employment will continue to increase over the course of this year, although the unemployment rate could rise a little over coming months before resuming its downward trajectory."
That estimate from Treasury is in the same ballpark as estimates by other economists, including Danielle Wood from the Grattan Institute and analysts at the Commonwealth Bank.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

They estimate another 150,000 will become unemployed as a result of JK ending. f***ers are crowing that job advertisements increased by 7 per cent in February to 192,000 vacancies. But the not-so-good news is that for every entry-level job out there, 60 people happen to be looking for work, according to ACOSS spokeswoman Cassandra Goldie.
You should get less dole when earning taxable income.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Plenty of jobs in the regions just no accommodation

Hungry tourists are heading home from popular regional destinations, disappointed they could not get a restaurant table.

Largely due to massive staff shortages, many restaurants in regional Victoria are now unable to operate at full capacity, or open their doors at all.

"There is no housing for workers.
A lot has been snapped up by holiday rentals.
There could be 60 people waiting for a long-term rental property and then starts a bidding war.
This scares me because my staffs' leases are coming up for renewal."

Back