Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Hawthorn round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get XON trained up to play the smaller forward role. We have lost Rioli and Venables to injury with Cameron looking worse for his poor injury run the last 12 months. Petruccelle is injured so we are short big time in that role.

If he wants a chance to make it into the best 22, then as a smaller forward would work well. He has pace and decent skills. Late last year in the WAFL he looked to be working into his body and gaining strength in the contest.

It would be worth punting on him, especially since we have Hutch back nearly ready as depth and a strong midfield.
I'm been against the idea of plonking mids on a HFF but I like this. He's probably one of the only depth mids we can play there and it's also time we develop some our next generation of mids.

I don't think there's any scope for resting players at the moment. We need to play the best available team and bank the next two games. Then hope like hell we get a North Melbourne or similarly out of form side early in the hub where we can rest players.

I don't think there's any scope for resting players at the moment. We need to play the best available team and bank the next two games. Then hope like hell we get a North Melbourne or similarly out of form side early in the hub where we can rest players.
Can't see why we would need to rest players now anyway.
We're pretty much playing one game a week like a normal season.

It might be different in the hub.

I kind of like Ah Chee, he has so much promise and he is trying his guts out. Just need an extra 20% actual statistical output somehow.

Unfortunately I can see Rotham being dropped for Gov as the only change. He doesn't deserve to be dropped though.
Someone else said it, and I agree - Rotham would be the ideal Gunston matchup. If Gov isn't ready, leave as is. If Gov is ok to go, maybe give Hurn a rest.

Someone else said it, and I agree - Rotham would be the ideal Gunston matchup. If Gov isn't ready, leave as is. If Gov is ok to go, maybe give Hurn a rest.
In the long term that should be his match up.

Definite Gov in for Rotham

But not sure who else: When Jones gets fit then Cameron goes out

Dont mind Achee does some nice things and attacks the ball hard

Rotham is very quick also. Maybe not brander quick but he makes up for it by being able to kick the ball properly
I would rather we just use Rotham in the role we’ve been trying to give to Brander. Rotham was projected to be a wing/flanker when drafted, not a third tall. Rotham was supposed to be one of the more skilful players in that draft I thought.

For some reason we’re trying to turn a KPP into a wing, and a wing into a KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: McGovern, Reid or Jones (but I'd love to start blooding XON)
Out: Cole, Cameron

No way Cole gets dropped.

He is getting close to career best form IMO.

Some of the pressure acts and tackles he lays are what his game is about and he gets a bit of ball as well.

Cameron won't be dropped whilst he's working hard defensively. He didn't have much of a preseason, missed the first what 6-7 games and has played 4 in a row?

The plan for Cameron is to try and get him match fit by finals time which is a month and a bit away.

A fit, zippy Cameron coming into form come September is what we want.

No way Cole gets dropped.

He is getting close to career best form IMO.

Some of the pressure acts and tackles he lays are what his game is about and he gets a bit of ball as well.

Cameron won't be dropped whilst he's working hard defensively. He didn't have much of a preseason, missed the first what 6-7 games and has played 4 in a row?

The plan for Cameron is to try and get him match fit by finals time which is a month and a bit away.

A fit, zippy Cameron coming into form come September is what we want.
Yes, and whoever else we have as forward depth, to be fit and ready - Jones, Petch?
The problem it seems is getting proper match practice into players during this covid season, according to Simmo, it's not the same as normal seasons and harder to get them fit and match ready to slot in..
But we need someone of Cameron's ability at the pointy end, so have to play him into form...

On review, was disappointed in Shuey early during last week's game. Didnt seem to get into it until after half time, which definitely hurt us and kept Carlton in it longer than they should have been.

Thats why, from this week, my prediction is that Shuey is going to actively step up as the captain of the side and crack the whip on the rest of the midfield. Expecting a 3 Brownlow vote weekend for Luke as he leads the charge against the Hawks and truly announces our side's premiership intention to the rest of the comp.

Its time.

To unleash.

Luke "Das Boots" Shuey

I reckon the Eagles could rest half the team and still win by 10 goals against our headless chooks,,!
Looks like a good opportunity to give some of your kids a run, so accordingly the following who should be 'managed' are:
Kennedy
Natanui
Shuey
Darling
McGovern
Sheppard
Gaff
Ryan
Barrass
Sheed

Given the coach's duty of care responsibilities I'll send that list in an email later today for Simmo's consideration...

I'd like to see players who are a bit sore get a rest before we potentially go into a hub.

Rotham needs consecutive games, even if Gov is back - I think Bunga would benefit from a week off.

Too many passengers in the small and medium forwards dpt; Cripps, Ah Chee and Cameron. It's time Cameron makes way for Xavier O'Neill IMO.

I would rather we just use Rotham in the role we’ve been trying to give to Brander. Rotham was projected to be a wing/flanker when drafted, not a third tall. Rotham was supposed to be one of the more skilful players in that draft I thought.

For some reason we’re trying to turn a KPP into a wing, and a wing into a KPP.
I definitely see Rotham as a winger or HBF. He is quick, has a bullet kick and makes good decisions. He is a bigger version of Masto with better decision making. Anyone know what his tank is like? Let's use Brander as a key position player and not waste him on a wing.

On review, was disappointed in Shuey early during last week's game. Didnt seem to get into it until after half time, which definitely hurt us and kept Carlton in it longer than they should have been.

Thats why, from this week, my prediction is that Shuey is going to actively step up as the captain of the side and crack the whip on the rest of the midfield. Expecting a 3 Brownlow vote weekend for Luke as he leads the charge against the Hawks and truly announces our side's premiership intention to the rest of the comp.

Its time.

To unleash.

Luke "Das Boots" Shuey

He was tagged in the first half.

Finally shook it off in the 2nd.

Close attention from Curnow early on, not sure why that was dropped later (probably cos we were still winning clearance battle)

I reckon the Eagles could rest half the team and still win by 10 goals against our headless chooks,,!
Looks like a good opportunity to give some of your kids a run, so accordingly the following who should be 'managed' are:
Kennedy
Natanui
Shuey
Darling
McGovern
Sheppard
Gaff
Ryan
Barrass
Sheed

Given the coach's duty of care responsibilities I'll send that list in an email later today for Simmo's consideration...
Sorry to say it mate, but your mob were pretty horrendous last night, should have lost by 10+ goals, 3 goals was very flattering. There have been some shocking performances this year, including by our team, but that shocker by Hawthorn was one of the worst. Had nothing, no spirit or heart. And you don't seem to have anyone coming through apart from young Will Day who looks a player.

Last edited:
I definitely see Rotham as a winger or HBF. He is quick, has a bullet kick and makes good decisions. He is a bigger version of Masto with better decision making. Anyone know what his tank is like? Let's use Brander as a key position player and not waste him on a wing.
Unfortunately we don't have much say in what plans the coaches have for players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back