Preview Changes and Preview Thread v Western Bulldogs Saturday 15 April 7:20PM @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One change. DBJ remains sub.

Georgides was pretty average for his 3 goals and for mine cost the game with his snap in to the post.

Burton for Jonas.

Last edited:
IN: Georgiades, Burton
OUT: Lycett, Jonas

Byrne-Jones stays sub

Dixon/Finlayson ruck combo.

Fantasia if fit, play in the reserves trial game. Backing Rioli in 1 more time.

What I want to happen never will, but I think it'll be:

OUT : Farrell
IN : Burton

Really worried about Rioli though. Outplayed by all the other small forwards, including Mead who started ok but had a bad last half.

FB: Burton McKenzie Williams
HB: Bergman Aliir Houston
C: Duursma Wines Boak
R: Lycett, Rozee JHF
HF: SPP Dixon Butters
FF: Rioli Marshall Finlayson
I: Drew, Vincentini, DBJ, Mead

In: Vinsentini, Burton
Out: Farrell Jonas

What I want to happen never will, but I think it'll be:

OUT : Farrell
IN : Burton

Really worried about Rioli though. Outplayed by all the other small forwards, including Mead who started ok but had a bad last half.
I reckon it will happen given Williams solid game

Burton in.
Jonas or Boaky out.

Jr out.
Mitch in.

I'd almost give Jackson a run as sub. You would back him to find the ball if he was out there for a quarter.

I'd try DBJ as a small forward. That allows us to bring Mitch in without upsetting the balance too much. He might be pretty decent there on the evidence of one quarter.

Boaky is just tredding water at present. Both he and Jonas should be making way for younger talent.

All that said we don't generally change much after a win.

Out Farrell, Lycett
In Burton, Georgiades

I don't rate Mead but also don't see the point of giving a player one game and then dropping them.

Lycett will probably stay in and then there is a difficult decision around bringing in Georgiades.

IN: Georgiades, Burton
OUT: Lycett, Jonas

Byrne-Jones stays sub

Dixon/Finlayson ruck combo.

Fantasia if fit, play in the reserves trial game. Backing Rioli in 1 more time.
Is Dixon going go be fit though?

I doubt they will ruck him anyway, but especially if he's not 100%.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t think Lycett gets dropped after that game, his work in the contest was needed and he at least had some impact in the air.

Would want to see Hayes/Teakle/Vis dominate in the SANFL and demand that ruck spot otherwise it’s just chair shuffling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Lycett, Jonas, Boak
In: Hayes/Visentini, Burton, Burgoyne

Not sure what to do about DBJ. Back him in and expect the response now, or give him some time in the SNAFL/sub role. I'd probably go the latter.
I would like to see a Visentini and Dixon Combo.

With the tall timber thst the bulldogs have we really need to bring in another tall defender. Would be good to see Pasini. Probably need Clurey as well to be honest as they have 3 genuine tall forwards in Naughton, JUH and Lobb.

Rioli looks & plays like he’s been on a regular diet of chocolate eggs & meat lovers pizza. Until he starts offering more then a road side worker with a bad hangover, he can see out the remainder of contract in the 2s.

Surely it’s no coincidence that lycett rucks and gets like a bunch of clearances that no one remembers but our clearance mids are all down on clearances compared to similar mids around the league.

Lycetts game of killing the contest and bringing the ball down to his feet helps him get useless clearances inside the contest (that he created) and stops our midfield from being able to extract any kind of clean quick clearance where the oppo team doesn’t have a chance to set up.

Rioli looks & plays like he’s been on a regular diet of chocolate eggs & meat lovers pizza. Until he starts offering more then a road side worker with a bad hangover, he can see out the remainder of contract in the 2s.
Been well below par the last two weeks. Like to see what Evans can do tbh. I know his Maggies game wasn't amazing but has shown enough throughout the preseason imo.

Out: Lycett, Jonas, Boak
In: Hayes/Visentini, Burton, Burgoyne

Not sure what to do about DBJ. Back him in and expect the response now, or give him some time in the SNAFL/sub role. I'd probably go the latter.
DBJ was the spark in the last quarter; he stays; albeit, he may or may not still be the sub.

Out: Lycett, Mead, McEntee, Farrell, Rioli
In: DBJ, Burton, Evans, MG, Dante.

Burton must come in.
Jonas should be out but won’t be, so I’ve dropped Farrell.
I’d Teakle over Lycett, but that won’t happen.

I’ve gone for Rioli out, Georgiades in, DBJ into half fwd (did really well) and Mead as sub.

B: Burton McKenzie Jonas
HB: Williams Aliir Houston
C: Duursma Wines Bergman
R: Rozee Lycett JHF
HF: Butters SPP DBJ
F: Marshall Dixon Finlayson

I/C: Georgiades, Drew, Boak, McEntee

SUB: Mead

Surely it’s no coincidence that lycett rucks and gets like a bunch of clearances that no one remembers but our clearance mids are all down on clearances compared to similar mids around the league.

Lycetts game of killing the contest and bringing the ball down to his feet helps him get useless clearances inside the contest (that he created) and stops our midfield from being able to extract any kind of clean quick clearance where the oppo team doesn’t have a chance to set up.
I thought it was a good tactic putting Lycett on the bench late in the last quarter. He will be in the team next week.
It allowed Dixon to be the impact ruckman (he should not play in the ruck all day).

In my opinion Burton will come back in but I hope Dylan Williams stays in the side.
With only two senior appearances in 650 days, Dylan should be given a block of games to help ascertain if he stays (next year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back