Preview Changes + Preview Thread v Sunnyboys on Saturday Night at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad part re Butcher was his kicking action. Absolute gun hobbled by his ugly kick.
I played footy with a guy at high school like him, gun wingman with afl scouts clamouring him, but scared off by a terrible kicking action.
To be fair, and if I recall correctly, Butcher had a hip operation (possibly double hip) and he was never the same after.

For those thanking Carr for including Hayes...................

Mid field coach Carr is on record as saying he prefers more mobile ruckman and liked the high leaps of Teakle.
Lucky for Hayes and us, Teakle is injured.

You are probably right.

The thing for Sam Hayes to do now is play a blinder. Scott Lycett is listed as 1-2 weeks so if Sam does OK there is a chance of another week and the opportunity to resurrect his career at Alberton. Personally I think Visentini and Hayes have more upside than Brynn Teakle and I would be aiming to retain both but the Port brains trust may not see it that way.

Dixon moving around at training in the video on PAFC Insta, like he's 100 years old. His pace and movement has dropped away significantly with whatever he is carrying this year. Hard to imagine he's going to hold up for a long finals tilt.
Yeah, I thought I saw Dixon hurt his good knee late in the first v Essendon and looked even more proppy after. Could barely run, seriously doubt he will play out the season. Lord would have offered more after 1st qtr.
Rucking your most valuable kpf is dumb shite

Yeah, I thought I saw Dixon hurt his good knee late in the first v Essendon and looked even more proppy after. Could barely run, seriously doubt he will play out the season. Lord would have offered more after 1st qtr.
Rucking your most valuable kpf is dumb shite
Dumb is Hinkley's second name he has another second name too it starts with C

Good news. I was on the suns flight, we were in a very strong headwind and the flight ended up 3 hours 10min. Long commute. In the bag. 😅

Witts kept having to stand up and block the isle stretching lmao.

Good news. I was on the suns flight, we were in a very strong headwind and the flight ended up 3 hours 10min. Long commute. In the bag. 😅

Witts kept having to stand up and block the isle stretching lmao.
You don't realise how big some of these guys are. I was standing next to Aaron Sandilands a few years back and he was massive and I'm over 6 feet tall myself.

iirc the last time suns played here in the cold/wet conditions it was V bulldogs at Norwood oval where J. Luko turned it on..

Who’s going to him? He’s one of the main dangers for mine this week..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Hinkley's press conference on PAFC site, first few Qs were all about Hayes. He could not have been more obvious in his total disregard of Hayes. Was quick to point out Scooter should be back next week and when asked about Hayes having been told to work on his around the ground stuff he avoided answering that issue at all (he could have been kind and built up Hayes' confidence with a comment) but just said he was the best option of our available rucks to try combat Witts' great reach. He almost seemed annoyed the circumstances had conspired to let Hayes be selected. He will need the greatest ruck performance ever to hold his spot. Seems totally reasonable

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listening to Hinkley's press conference on PAFC site, first few Qs were all about Hayes. He could not have been more obvious in his total disregard of Hayes. Was quick to point out Scooter should be back next week and when asked about Hayes having been told to work on his around the ground stuff he avoided answering that issue at all (he could have been kind and built up Hayes' confidence with a comment) but just said he was the best option of our available rucks to try combat Witts' great reach. He almost seemed annoyed the circumstances had conspired to let Hayes be selected. He will need the greatest ruck performance ever to hold his spot. Seems totally reasonable

Ken's comments were an absolute sledge.

The pass mark is to stay out there for as long as Witts does. It's obvious Ken has no faith that he will. It's on Sam to prove him wrong.

The coaches will sub him at half time if he struggles.

I think we both are watching a different Press conference.

QUOTES BY Hinkley regarding Hayes

"We got great faith in Sam, what I loved is he’s worked really hard every game to try and get back to this opportunity in his work. He’s worked to deserve the opportunity."

"I think he’s ready to have a go at it, I’m really optimistic around what he can do and I look forward to seeing what it looks like."

"Of our rucks and you know and Scooters well included Sam would have the nicest I think hand of the throw in or ball up. I think he has a really nice hand which gives our mids a good look at it we hope."

Its not all gloom and doom like you pointed out! Stop trying to push your own agenda its pathetic.
Hinkley did have positive things to say about Hayes from the quotes I mentioned above.
Hate to read your summary of the game!

Last edited:
I think we both are watching a different Press conference.

QUOTES BY Hinkley regarding Hayes

"We got great faith in Sam, what I loved is he’s worked really hard every game to try and get back to this opportunity in his work. He’s worked to deserve the opportunity."

"I think he’s ready to have a go at it, I’m really optimistic around what he can do and I look forward to seeing what it looks like."

"Of our rucks and you know and Scooters well included Sam would have the nicest I think hand of the throw in or ball up. I think he has a really nice hand which gives our mids a good look at it we hope."

Its not all gloom and doom like you pointed out! Stop trying to push your own agenda its pathetic.
Hinkley did have positive things to say about Hayes from the quotes I mentioned above.
Hate to read you summary of the game!
Now I'm confused! 😯

Yep. I felt that too. He was saying what he's supposed to, but it was the way he said it. Completely unconvincing.

He said that they think he has the best hand at the club in terms of getting it to advantage at ball ins and throw ups.

That sounds like a compliment to me.

They are focussing on his strengths and not his weaknesses which is what you would expect a coach to do.

The stupid conspiracy theory s**t is tiring.

He said that they think he has the best hand at the club in terms of getting it to advantage at ball ins and throw ups.

They are focussing on his strengths and not his weaknesses which is what you would expect a coach to do.

You have to remember the first 3 questions were asked by Rucci so they are likely to be questions that he knew were coming and had a response ready for.

Personally he didn't seem too enthusiastic about talking him up as he has other players in the past and his actions in the past show what he thinks I'm sure Hayes would have gone the same way as Ladhams if Hinkley had his way.

Focussing on strengths seems to me to be the biggest change this year to our play and at times selection. Our back line, look at how we are playing in the middle. Years previous we looked like we had weird obsession with testing players in positions and roles not best suited to them. I appreciate that sometimes it may be for the game plan (and by the way which is a nothing thing we seem willing to adapt in the game which we stubbornly would not change). GO HAYSEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back