Preview Changes and Preview Thread v Western Bulldogs Saturday 15 April 7:20PM @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am saddened by some of the disrespectful comments about Jonas.
For years he had to play against bigger opponents and yes, he is now past his prime.
Tom has been a wonderful player for Port and when Ollie choked, he became our sole Caption.
That decision contributed to Ollie winning his Brownlow.

The exit of past champions is always a sensitive exercise; some clubs do it better than others.
Advising he is being managed is a respectful euphemism for what I believe is his last year.
Until some of the SANFL potential defenders start knocking down the selection doors, I expect he will play again this year.

Either way, cheap shots from keyboard warrior or is that worriers, is undignified for a player elevated from the rookie list.
He has done his best with limited abilities; having played and bled for this club over ten years with 200+ games.
Poor management from Ken & co has put him in this position. The bottom line is he is not best 22. If you then still get picked you will cop criticism.

For years he had to play against bigger opponents and yes, he is now past his prime.
Tom has been a wonderful player for Port and when Ollie choked, he became our sole Caption.

The exit of past champions is always a sensitive exercise; some clubs do it better than others.
Advising he is being managed is a respectful euphemism for what I believe is his last year.
Until some of the SANFL potential defenders start knocking down the selection doors, I expect he will play again this year.

Either way, cheap shots from keyboard warrior or is that worriers, is undignified for a player elevated from the rookie list.
He has done his best with limited abilities; having played and bled for this club over ten years with 200+ games.
Now see if I describe this ^ as white noise how does that leaving you feeling?

I agree on several fronts with the above but the reality is TJ alienated all but the most ardent fans of Ken describing anyone who doesn’t agree with the current regime as white noise. I’m not surprised it’s got many targeting him as a result and if he is the leader we are told he is nether should he.

Hey if you’re winning fair play you were right but TJ isn’t right and ultimately won’t be. All it’s cost him was the support of the members well the white noise ones and who cares what think anyway right ?

Leadership isn’t having people tell you what you want to hear and the rest is white noise

Leadership is being able to disagree (especially if you the leader are wrong) and carry on as if you hadn’t, bringing those who don’t agree with you towards a common purpose. Our leadership team is more do as I say, like what I serve up and be quiet than it is anything else. Read any text you like that style doesn’t work not even in the armed forces and it doesn’t work for a reason..

Last edited:
Ollie Wines has been really down on form ( by his standards) hopefully this can kick him up a notch and he can lead from the front.

Very lucky. Looked effective when everyone was cooked and looked like he was a pressure high half-forward/mid.

Enough to wash the dirt off the gold pass apparently.
For what it is worth, our Website has some minor position differences to the AFL's eg; Dylan Willimas CHF, Jeremy on the bench; Drew in the guts Vs Boak.

My whole thing about Jonas is that everyone (all of fans, media and club) should be evaluating him more realistically on his contribution to the team right now and trying to take the emotion out of it.

It doesn’t really matter what he’s done previously and it REALLY shouldn’t matter if he’s captain.

Right now he’s playing basically the same role as Burton (key defender who can play small or tallish). With Allir and McKenzie playing we should really only be playing one of Jonas or Burton for team structure.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but anyway....

Wanting 2x tickets seated together for Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs - happy to pay!

My True Believer daughter lives in Melbourne. She managed to get away from work at the last minute and is now in Adelaide. Never purchased her a ticket as she she was sure she couldn't make it to Adelaide for Gather Round.

I already have my membership allocated seat, but it's just one. Would happily pass this on.

We would love to be able to go and sit together.

Tried Ticketek who are currently selling single seats (when they become available), but not 2 together.

Poor management from Ken & co has put him in this position. The bottom line is he is not best 22. If you then still get picked you will cop criticism.
To be fair, the Club tried to trade in Ratugolea and out first pick was for a defender, Tom McCallum.
I have high hopes for him , he has strong blood-lines where his father is a footy legend in Hobart.
So Jonas is being played by default until McCallum, DAnte, Pasini etc. demand to be picked.

For this still contemplating Esava, that ship has sailed, from today’s paper, quote:
Ratugolea says he never wanted to leave Geelong despite a push to be traded to Port Adelaide late last year and he is “happy here” in Geelong.

My whole thing about Jonas is that everyone (all of fans, media and club) should be evaluating him more realistically on his contribution to the team right now and trying to take the emotion out of it.

It doesn’t really matter what he’s done previously and it REALLY shouldn’t matter if he’s captain.

Right now he’s playing basically the same role as Burton (key defender who can play small or tallish). With Allir and McKenzie playing we should really only be playing one of Jonas or Burton for team structure.
Agreed: perhaps we have now seen the strategy to ease him out with dignity.

For what it is worth, our Website has some minor position differences to the AFL's eg; Dylan Willimas CHF, Jeremy on the bench; Drew in the guts Vs Boak.

The placed sides are a joke. But I can see the coaches sending DBJ back to half back even though his performances in the role lead to him being dropped. It's just the vibe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, the Club tried to trade in Ratugolea and out first pick was for a defender, Tom McCallum.
I have high hopes for him , he has strong blood-lines where his father is a footy legend in Hobart.
So Jonas is being played by default until McCallum, DAnte, Pasini etc. demand to be picked.

For this still contemplating Esava, that ship has sailed, from today’s paper, quote:
Ratugolea says he never wanted to leave Geelong despite a push to be traded to Port Adelaide late last year and he is “happy here” in Geelong.

Agree, Ratugolea won't leave now. And his trade value will be absurdly high, even for the club that gets gifted top 10 picks and players by the AFL.

I can see where you're coming from and there was one time in his career where he was 'the glove' but I'd say his reputation (like ken and Koch) has been tarnished in recent years. Their inability to take any sort of responsibility for mistakes, whether it be goals the club has set or absolute unwarranted floggings, the excuses continue to mount. TJs biggest mistake was going ahead with Koch white noise rhetoric, causing a bigger divide between club and fans. It became an us vs them decision for TJ when really as a Port captain, he should have been neutral.
Thats the thing.

Tommy threw the first grenades.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very lucky. Looked effective when everyone was cooked and looked like he was a pressure high half-forward/mid.

Enough to wash the dirt off the gold pass apparently.
His speed is elite.

No reason he couldn't play a similar role to Frederick at Freo.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bevoman
most here would respect your thoughts on TJonas this club has been bastardized by bad management for a considerable time now. I call the once proud PAFC a boys club because that is what we have descended into under both koch and hinkley.
The problem with this is the tough calls that have to be made along the way to remain at our peak has not taken place. Thus the pressure comes on and TJonas being the captain is going to take the brunt of this. His imput to this club does not even warrant his selection let alone the captaincy and he certainly is not alone there as hinkly and koch have driven this club into the abyss.
The answer is CHANGE and asap.

Ollie Wines has been really down on form ( by his standards) hopefully this can kick him up a notch and he can lead from the front.

The standard of this club has deteriorated considerably Wines is a part of the problem imo there arent to many that qualify now to take the captaincy particularly from the older players. The culture has turned to crap under koch and hinkley.

Junior Rioli substituted last week and named to start on the interchange bench this week. I am starting to get a Steven Motlop feeling about Junior. Early days and maybe I am expecting too much too early.
An accurate observation.
port delving deeper into mediocrity.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but anyway....

Wanting 2x tickets seated together for Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs - happy to pay!

My True Believer daughter lives in Melbourne. She managed to get away from work at the last minute and is now in Adelaide. Never purchased her a ticket as she she was sure she couldn't make it to Adelaide for Gather Round.

I already have my membership allocated seat, but it's just one. Would happily pass this on.

We would love to be able to go and sit together.

Tried Ticketek who are currently selling single seats (when they become available), but not 2 together.

I have one spare, which doesn't help you, apologies.

Given the weather and theatre going/neutral nature of the matches, I suspect there'll be plenty of unoccupied seats.

I wanted to upgrade my unused child seat to adult but have no idea if that is even possible.

I have one spare, which doesn't help you, apologies.

Given the weather and theatre going/neutral nature of the matches, I suspect there'll be plenty of unoccupied seats.

I wanted to upgrade my unused child seat to adult but have no idea if that is even possible.
Thanks - and no need to apologise. Will hold out in the hope for 2 seats together...

That was something I suggested to my daughter...we get her a ticket and then find 2 seats together at the oval when we get there. Given it's probably going to be raining, like you said, I'm sure there will be the fair weather supporters that won't go. Suggested we could just find two random seats together somewhere, and looking at last nights game on tv, even though it was a sellout there were still plenty of empty seats.

Contact Ticketek to upgrade the child seat?

How's Scooter going Ken given he was benched at the end of the game against Sydney?

"He's going very well as far as we are concerned, were happy with what he has been able to do. Obviously he's playing our #1 ruck position and has done for the whole season".

No actual performance expectation I guess then. So long as he keeps attempting to play the role he is selected for.

Thanks - and no need to apologise. Will hold out in the hope for 2 seats together...

That was something I suggested to my daughter...we get her a ticket and then find 2 seats together at the oval when we get there. Given it's probably going to be raining, like you said, I'm sure there will be the fair weather supporters that won't go. Suggested we could just find two random seats together somewhere, and looking at last nights game on tv, even though it was a sellout there were still plenty of empty seats.

Contact Ticketek to upgrade the child seat?
I'm sure there will be plenty of Melbourne and Essendon supporters vacating their seats once their game is over. This is a double header so even though it's sold out I expect it to be half empty for both games, given the predicted weather

I'm sure there will be plenty of Melbourne and Essendon supporters vacating their seats once their game is over. This is a double header so even though it's sold out I expect it to be half empty for both games, given the predicted weather
Thanks Slade man/Noddy Holder, one of my faves from waaaaay back btw!!
I reckon you'd be right too. Plenty of last minute no-shows due to the weather.
Might have better luck tomorrow securing two tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back