Preview Changes and Preview Thread v Western Bulldogs Saturday 15 April 7:20PM @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one spare, which doesn't help you, apologies.

Given the weather and theatre going/neutral nature of the matches, I suspect there'll be plenty of unoccupied seats.

I wanted to upgrade my unused child seat to adult but have no idea if that is even possible.
No need to upgrade if they don't check at the gate. 😜

Junior Rioli substituted last week and named to start on the interchange bench this week. I am starting to get a Steven Motlop feeling about Junior. Early days and maybe I am expecting too much too early.
I said this pre season, he is a deadset front runner

The only games we've won this year I thought we were absolutely zero chance of winning, so continuing the trend....... we have absolutely NO CHANCE of a win this weekend. It'd be a miracle if we pulled this off without our brave and fantastical skipper, and the electric Orazio Fantasia. No chance whatsoever.

Fingers crossed it isn't the torrential downpour tomorrow that these sort of tropical systems can generate..... Not for footy reasons, but because I don't want to get wet.

A win would open up the season a bit for us, still unsure as to whether I want that though, just want Hinkley gone more than anything. We aren't achieving anything until he is gone.

The thing that's most worrying about our season so far is that we lost to WC and Freo, who both look like basket cases, pinched one against Sydney, looked sub standard in 2 other games, and played 1 out of the box game against Brisbane.

Ultimately all signs on those indicators point to the fact we're probably pretty s**t. Certainly this week might help to really start to confirm that either way.

*Edit, Freo coming back now

Last edited:
The thing that's most worrying about our season so far is that we lost to WC and Freo, who both look like basket cases, pinched one against Sydney, looked sub standard in 2 other games, and played 1 out of the box game against Brisbane.

Ultimately all signs on those indicators point to the fact we're probably pretty s**t. Certainly this week might help to really start to confirm that either way.
We were even crap in the internal trial, nothing changed though

I'm not going to the 1st game Melb vs Ess, can i share my ticket to someone that will use it and they then share it back to me?

Can I just send him a screen dump, he would need to make sure he scanned out when he leaves the game, otherwise I'm stuffed for the Port game.

I'm not going to the 1st game Melb vs Ess, can i share my ticket to someone that will use it and they then share it back to me?

Can I just send him a screen dump, he would need to make sure he scanned out when he leaves the game, otherwise I'm stuffed for the Port game.
They will tell you that a screenshot doesn't work for exactly this reason.

But it does.

Sorry for the intrusion.

I have a concession and a child ticket available for tomorrow night's game if anyone here can access them and either missed out or simply can't afford to attend (absolutely no judgement here).

All I ask is that if it you want them to like my post (to alert others that they're claimed) and flick me a PM.

Loving your beautiful city, by the way. Two games in one day is just too much to ask my Autistic stepson to attend and Mum and I would like to see them used.

Cheers and good luck tomorrow.
mrsdew17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The standard of this club has deteriorated considerably Wines is a part of the problem imo there arent to many that qualify now to take the captaincy particularly from the older players. The culture has turned to crap under koch and hinkley.
His absence of a preseason might explain his dip in form better than a cultural dive toward mediocrity at the club.

The other person will need to get a pass out which you will then need to use to re-enter the stadium. If they just walk out and then you try to enter with the same barcode it will be rejected because it has already entered.

Seems to be that the league is holding each game as a neutral contest based on the scoreboard graphics at tonight’s game. Our game this weekend will be my first Port game at AO so my question is, will they do NTUA before the game? Really hope so but it seems unlikely.
Will the passionate but jaded home crowd go a capella at the one minute warning siren? This could be our moment! Or not

Seems that its been confirmed they'll be doing NTUA.
NTUA is an iconic part of the Port Adelaide contribution to the AFL experience. Of course they will 'allow' it in this weekend where marketing is king.

Our seats are in front of of the Adelaide Oval corporate section. Even now it has them pulling out their phones to record the experience.

Love the song and the crowd engagement.

Just wish it had the bite in terms of being an intimidating part of us winning home games that it should be.

NTUA is an iconic part of the Port Adelaide contribution to the AFL experience. Of course they will 'allow' it in this weekend where marketing is king.

Our seats are in front of of the Adelaide Oval corporate section. Even now it has them pulling out their phones to record the experience.

Love the song and the crowd engagement.

Just wish it had the bite in terms of being an intimidating part of us winning home games that it should be.

My kids love it - it’s creating memories. I mean a premiership seems out of reach….

They think Ken needs the sack though…!

I am saddened by some of the disrespectful comments about Jonas.
For years he had to play against bigger opponents and yes, he is now past his prime.
Tom has been a wonderful player for Port and when Ollie choked, he became our sole Caption.
That decision contributed to Ollie winning his Brownlow.

The exit of past champions is always a sensitive exercise; some clubs do it better than others.
Advising he is being managed is a respectful euphemism for what I believe is his last year.
Until some of the SANFL potential defenders start knocking down the selection doors, I expect he will play again this year.

Either way, cheap shots from keyboard warrior or is that worriers, is undignified for a player elevated from the rookie list.
He has done his best with limited abilities; having played and bled for this club over ten years with 200+ games.
I agree in principle, I hate attacking our players, especially a captain! However he has lost all respect afaiac! Attacking disillusioned supporters instead of embracing them has escalated the divide, and caused a lot of damage. But for me, him insisting on holding on to the captaincy, while most outsiders can clearly see he is barely in our best-22, just broke this camel's back! Gutless on the part of the club for not taking him aside and telling him 'no,' but just as immodest on his part, especially considering that some still-great captains in other clubs have stepped aside for younger men. This was as bad a decision as re-signing Hinkley some years back. He is not leading the players into battle, and they are just not following him, and fighting for him. With him as captain, this team will just tread water in 2023.

I just never want to see Jonas in a Port jumper again!

I am saddened by some of the disrespectful comments about Jonas.
For years he had to play against bigger opponents and yes, he is now past his prime.
Tom has been a wonderful player for Port and when Ollie choked, he became our sole Caption.
That decision contributed to Ollie winning his Brownlow.

The exit of past champions is always a sensitive exercise; some clubs do it better than others.
Advising he is being managed is a respectful euphemism for what I believe is his last year.
Until some of the SANFL potential defenders start knocking down the selection doors, I expect he will play again this year.

Either way, cheap shots from keyboard warrior or is that worriers, is undignified for a player elevated from the rookie list.
He has done his best with limited abilities; having played and bled for this club over ten years with 200+ games.
I honestly dont think there has been anything too bad in here.

Has he got the most out of himself and can he be very proud of the career he has put together? Absolutely. Has he put his body on the line time and time again for the club and will he always have my respect for that? Absolutely.

Has he been one of the worst players in the entire AFL to get >50% TOG in the first 4 rounds and does he deserve to be dropped? Also, absolutely yes.

Wines is underdone and likely carrying a knee problem. He pointed out early in the season he has a knee problem which is being managed. Does this mean we have seen the best of Wines?

I have a lot of respect for Jonas, but I also feel he went one year too long as captain. Based on his production, I was one of the people who suggested he feign an injury so that our captain is not omitted, BUT a knee injury could explain his output and inability to chase. I am going to give him the benefit that he was forced to play injured simply because we had no one else to come in, rectified by Burton’s availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back