Preview Changes and Preview Thread v Western Bulldogs Saturday 15 April 7:20PM @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior Rioli substituted last week and named to start on the interchange bench this week. I am starting to get a Steven Motlop feeling about Junior. Early days and maybe I am expecting too much too early.
He may be softer than fantasia at attacking the football. Surprised me how dogshit he's been

What does this mean for Jonas? As much as he hasn’t warranted selection, you don’t drop your captain. That’s a big hit to him and a big signal to the team.

What does this mean for Clurey and Pasini? These are the next in line tall backs. Clurey is reserve and Pasini isn’t in the frame - is this a worry for them?

So Teaks, Hayes and Dante - none even in the frame.

Seems to me our issue is fairly self evident, we have a good 22-24 players and the depth is absent. We desperately need Visentini, Sinn, Marshall, McCallum and Scully to come on.
The issue is we have a coach that doesnt understand the value of ruckwork and doesnt develop players because he is always either selfishly coaching to extend his own contract, or giving gold passes to players who are in gambling syndicates with him.

Captain or not if his form is not good enough he shouldn’t be selected.
I have never understood why a very average player like Jonas was made captain in the first place.

The issue is we have a coach that doesnt understand the value of ruckwork and doesnt develop players because he is always either selfishly coaching to extend his own contract, or giving gold passes to players who are in gambling syndicates with him.
Ken has developed players and has a propensity for playing early draft picks.
Not many playing are knocking down the selection door (from the SANFL): he tried Hayes last year with a verdict that he not cover the ground enough.

I to want him gone, not because he hasn't developed players but because he has been there to long (without a flag).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmmmmmmmm, are those wanting us to lose tomorrow happy or sad that tom has been dropped?

Mmmmmmmmmm, are those wanting us to lose tomorrow happy or sad that tom has been dropped?
I am saddened by some of the disrespectful comments about Jonas.
For years he had to play against bigger opponents and yes, he is now past his prime.
Tom has been a wonderful player for Port and when Ollie choked, he became our sole Caption.
That decision contributed to Ollie winning his Brownlow.

The exit of past champions is always a sensitive exercise; some clubs do it better than others.
Advising he is being managed is a respectful euphemism for what I believe is his last year.
Until some of the SANFL potential defenders start knocking down the selection doors, I expect he will play again this year.

Either way, cheap shots from keyboard warrior or is that worriers, is undignified for a player elevated from the rookie list.
He has done his best with limited abilities; having played and bled for this club over ten years with 200+ games.

I am saddened by some of the disrespectful comments about Jonas.
For years he had to play against bigger opponents and yes, he is now past his prime.
Tom has been a wonderful player for Port and when Ollie choked, he became our sole Caption.
That decision contributed to Ollie winning his Brownlow.

The exit of past champions is always a sensitive exercise; some clubs do it better than others.
Advising he is being managed is a respectful euphemism for what I believe is his last year.
Until some of the SANFL potential defenders start knocking down the selection doors, I expect he will play again this year.

Either way, cheap shots from keyboard warrior or is that worriers, is undignified for a player elevated from the rookie list.
He has done his best with limited abilities; having played and bled for this club over ten years with 200+ games.
I can see where you're coming from and there was one time in his career where he was 'the glove' but I'd say his reputation (like ken and Koch) has been tarnished in recent years. Their inability to take any sort of responsibility for mistakes, whether it be goals the club has set or absolute unwarranted floggings, the excuses continue to mount. TJs biggest mistake was going ahead with Koch white noise rhetoric, causing a bigger divide between club and fans. It became an us vs them decision for TJ when really as a Port captain, he should have been neutral.

Thank * for that. Atleast we can trust ken to throw people under the bus to save himself.

inb4 "tommy is a bit sore so we've given him a rest"

Old Man Good Job GIF

B: R. Burton 3, T. McKenzie 12, D. Houston 5
HB:
K. Farrell 6, A. Aliir 21, D. Byrne-Jones 33.
C: M. Bergman 14, T. Boak 10, X. Duursma 7
HF: J Finlayson 11, T. Marshall 4, C. Rozee 20
F: Z. Butters 9, C. Dixon 22, S. Powell-Pepper 2
Foll: S. Lycett 29, O. Wines 16, J. Horne-Francis 18
I/C: D. Williams 23, J. Rioli 15, W. Drew 28, J. McEntee 41

Emergencies: T. Clurey 17, M. Georgiades 19, R. Bonner 26, J. Mead 44

IN: Burton

OUT: Jonas (managed – knee), Mead (omitted)

LAST WEEK’s SUB: Byrne-Jones

DBJ straight back to HBF

1681439479492.jpeg

Im happy hes been dropped because he sucks, but i also want to lose. They arent mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back