Preview Changes and Preview Thread v Western Bulldogs Saturday 15 April 7:20PM @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Jonas should be dropped opinions but the over the top reactions is unwarranted in my eyes.

I never understood trashing our own players, as long as they give their best you have to respect that.

Comments criticising the club's inability to draft, trade and develop better alternatives or alternative selections is fair though.

You believe he’s form has been good enough to get a call up?
All I’ve heard is average at best and not ready for AFL at the moment.

Has it even been 12 months since his ACL yet?

Plus his form hasn’t been very good.

I’m glad no one from the sanfl team got a call up as they’ve been collectively awful.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good form has never been a pre requisite to get games in our senior side during hinkleys time.

We need more height down back and he offers that. Rather see what he can give then watch them kill us in the air.

He’s all we have down back in our reserves that could potentially be required to play regularly soon. Half our key defence is on the brink of retirement and instead of finding ways to get games into the next option to step up, we always find reasons why he’s not ready. Had the same thoughts before he did his ACL and for the past 4 years basically.

Even if he’s not completely ready, an AFL game would be great for his development instead of playing in a rubbish reserves side getting pumped.

Seems to be that the league is holding each game as a neutral contest based on the scoreboard graphics at tonight’s game. Our game this weekend will be my first Port game at AO so my question is, will they do NTUA before the game? Really hope so but it seems unlikely.

What does this mean for Jonas? As much as he hasn’t warranted selection, you don’t drop your captain. That’s a big hit to him and a big signal to the team.

What does this mean for Clurey and Pasini? These are the next in line tall backs. Clurey is reserve and Pasini isn’t in the frame - is this a worry for them?

So Teaks, Hayes and Dante - none even in the frame.

Seems to me our issue is fairly self evident, we have a good 22-24 players and the depth is absent. We desperately need Visentini, Sinn, Marshall, McCallum and Scully to come on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pasini couldn’t get a game this week with their forward line and our defence with one less “key” defender he may as well be delisted. Obviously isn’t in the clubs plans going forward at all.
Jonas is dropped, but without a KPD replacement, win or lose they'll say we were too short down back and bring him back next week. The last thing they want is Pasini comes in and does ok and there's the contrast between that and Jonas's dumpster fire of a season. Then dropping a young KPD for an out of form, over the hill 'too short for KPD anyway' KPD, just because he's (a very poor) Captain. It's somewhat similar if we bring Clurey in and the three tall backs then do well. As always making Ken fee/look good comes first, second and third.

Junior Rioli substituted last week and named to start on the interchange bench this week. I am starting to get a Steven Motlop feeling about Junior. Early days and maybe I am expecting too much too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back