Preview Changes and Preview Thread v Hawthorn Saturday 1:15pm at AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booing Amon would be like booing the guy you went to high school with who is now collecting cans at Kurralta Park shopping centre.

Talking about spuds how’s young Chad going these days ?

He's one of the best players in the league.

When he's playing as himself on AFL 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i cant boo wingard, rather just shake my head at what a disappointment he has been.. could have been just about our best player ever and ended as just an average player
He's a bit like Jake Stringer in that regard. Has an amazing skillset but also acts like a figjam & basically chooses when he does/doesn't want to care about giving his all.

Go watch any game he's played with Hawthorn and you'll almost always see him frowning.

I'm ambivalent on Amon. Had a great last 2-3 years at Port but he's hardly irreplaceable.

Bit similar with Impey. Left a bit earlier than what most would have liked, but it became very apparent after only a couple of years that the idea of Impey was so much better than the reality of Impey.

And Wingard is just sad. Genuine top 10 player and gamebreaker in his "prime" - but if you'd only started watching footy in the last 5-6 years you'd swear he was always just another anonymous Jamie Cripps, Jake Melksham, Lachie Murphy type vanilla HFF. A career high of one losing prelim, then asking to get traded to spend the last 5 years of his career in a bottom 4 side.

I'm ambivalent on Amon. Had a great last 2-3 years at Port but he's hardly irreplaceable.

Bit similar with Impey. Left a bit earlier than what most would have liked, but it became very apparent after only a couple of years that the idea of Impey was so much better than the reality of Impey.

And Wingard is just sad. Genuine top 10 player and gamebreaker in his "prime" - but if you'd only started watching footy in the last 5-6 years you'd swear he was always just another anonymous Jamie Cripps, Jake Melksham, Lachie Murphy type vanilla HFF. A career high of one losing prelim, then asking to get traded to spend the last 5 years of his career in a bottom 4 side.
Would have him back tomorrow with something to play for I reckon he’d have something to offer

Would have him back tomorrow with something to play for I reckon he’d have something to offer
Emotionally, yea him coming back feels nice.

Logically, I think he's cooked.

But who knows, maybe part of the latter comes from being sold on playing in a second wind attempt at a premiership alongside Titch and O'Meara who have since departed, and he finds something in being back at Port contending again.

Emotionally, yea him coming back feels nice.

Logically, I think he's cooked.

But who knows, maybe part of the latter comes from being sold on playing in a second wind attempt at a premiership alongside Titch and O'Meara who have since departed, and he finds something in being back at Port contending again.

If he could return to some semblance of physical fitness, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him enjoy an indian summer back home.

Hasn’t looked like he’s enjoyed what’s he’s doing since a certain assistant coach returned to Adelaide and was convinced his approach to footy (2 AA guernseys, a B&F, a Showdown Medal and a Mark Of The Year award in the previous 3 seasons) was a problem.

Happy to have him back on min dollars and rolling 1 yr contracts and a token late draft choice. Still reckon at 30yrs old we could squeeze some magic out of him for a year or two. Send him of with Boaky at the end of year for those camps that seem to work so well for those he takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back