Preview Changes + Preview Thread v Sunnyboys on Saturday Night at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be the perfect game to bring Hayes back.

If Duurs is ready he comes in too. Bonner has been nowhere near as bad as some say, he's been passable, but he isnt at the level of X

I guess Junior comes in too but Cheese must stay. Not sure who makes way.

GIF by Giffffr

Would be the perfect game to bring Hayes back.

If Duurs is ready he comes in too. Bonner has been nowhere near as bad as some say, he's been passable, but he isnt at the level of X

I guess Junior comes in too but Cheese must stay. Not sure who makes way.
I would drop bonner solely for the squib near the goal square. Can't have players choosing when they want to go in hard or in this case not at all. That kind of softness doesn't belong in our team (especially when there are alternatives)

Out, Bye Round Blues

In, SAMMY HAYES

Dante out for Lycett/Hayes
Narkel out for Rioli
Bonner out for Sinn. Duursma needs time to get his fitness, we can't afford to risk reinjury with him and Jones is still a couple of weeks away. I'd rather Sinn play and learn than Bonner who has had a million opportunities and still squibs it when the game is hot.

Duurs for Bonner
Junior for Mcentee or Narkle
Like to see Jones get up but not sure who else comes out.....possibly Burton, his forms been well down but do you back him in, as when hes on hes a real asset...

The big one is Scooter, his last month before the bye was huge, whats his injury? Significant or a little banged up could use another week?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought we were playing the Moons?

• Duursma for Bonner
  • Rioli for the Cheese
  • Lycett or Hayes for Visentini
  • Lord for Dixon (he looked like he was struggling)
  • Give Wines a rest and bring in Jackson?

Lycett is probably our most important player after Aliir structurally so he shouldn't be rushed back if he's not right.

Hayes is obvious but we already know he's had a line ruled through him despite a proper beating down the door performance. Lycett probably wouldn't be so vital if we'd just play Hayes when he's out.

Duursma could come in depending on fitness, but I'd be content to give him another week or two to bank some match fitness as well. Bonner could come out, but so could Boak who had a shocker. Tough to know who comes in if Rioli is available.

If Visentini plays Witts is going to break the record for most HOs in a season purely off this game alone.

Having said that our mids are a step and a half above the Suns so the ruck contest doesn’t bother me too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Visitini will be better for the run, horrible way to get your debut though.

Lycett for Visitini. What last night showed was how important Lycett is to the team - not risking him on a wet night was the right thing to do. Visitini has potential, just not ready yet.

Duursma for Bonner. I suspect that Duursma needs a couple of games in the SANFL though. But he was a clear cut above yesterday.

Rioli for Narkle/McEntee.

Something is up with Dixon as well. Couldn’t kick it 40m.

Visitini will be better for the run, horrible way to get your debut though.

Lycett for Visitini. What last night showed was how important Lycett is to the team - not risking him on a wet night was the right thing to do. Visitini has potential, just not ready yet.

Duursma for Bonner. I suspect that Duursma needs a couple of games in the SANFL though. But he was a clear cut above yesterday.

Rioli for Narkle/McEntee.

Something is up with Dixon as well. Couldn’t kick it 40m.
Dixon is playing injured. Port need to carefully manage him if we want to have him be useful in the finals. It will likely be wet next Saturday night, so I would probably rest Dixon for the next couple of weeks and play him against Collingwood.

Dixon is playing injured. Port need to carefully manage him if we want to have him be useful in the finals. It will likely be wet next Saturday night, so I would probably rest Dixon for the next couple of weeks and play him against Collingwood.
He has been playing injured since the Saints game.

Lord had a bit of a mare yesterday, but is a good like-for-like in a structure sense

He has been playing injured since the Saints game.

Lord had a bit of a mare yesterday, but is a good like-for-like in a structure sense
Structurally Lord would be a sound replacement particularly against the suns and Carlton. Dixon needs to be kept in cotton wool and be brought in to play the top 8 teams we have left to play before finals.

We need to get more from Horne Francis than 10 disposals a game. I'm not sure if it is a fatigue issue or confidence or whatever else, but currently he is adding minimal as a centre bounce attending mid and patience must be wearing thin.

If anyone should make way for Narkle it probably should be him as it will allow Narkle to get some midfield minutes.

We need to get more from Horne Francis than 10 disposals a game. I'm not sure if it is a fatigue issue or confidence or whatever else, but currently he is adding minimal as a centre bounce attending mid and patience must be wearing thin.

If anyone should make way for Narkle it probably should be him as it will allow Narkle to get some midfield minutes.
Narkle over JHF. What are you smoking?

I do not see why McEntee should survive on last night's performance. Just 6 Possessions and did not bother the scoreboard. Surely he makes way for Junior Rioli? If Lycett is not fit Sam Hayes comes in as Visentini is not physically up to AFL footy.

I will leave Charlie Dixon in obeyance as we do not know the full score on his fitness. He struggled to kick it 30 metres last night so I suspect there is a problem.

I also think Ryan Burton may be carrying an injury as he was slow last night and his kicking was also poor.

OUT: McEntee, Visentini

IN: Rioli, Lycett or Hayes

Structurally Lord would be a sound replacement particularly against the suns and Carlton. Dixon needs to be kept in cotton wool and be brought in to play the top 8 teams we have left to play before finals.
I’m starting to think Port’s run of tough-close-wet games has caused a few players to be carrying injuries.

Lucky the list is still in as good a shape as what it is.

Out: Bonner, Dante, Dixon, Narkle/McEntee
In: Duursma, Lycett/Hayes, Lord, Rioli

Dixon is not fit, cannot risk him any longer

I think hes at the point where resting it isn't gonna help. If he went under the knife it'd be season over. Just got to battle on with jabs and try to make a contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back