Preview Changes and Preview v West Coast - PRELIM EDITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Fritta and Tyson have both been valuable contributors, in the roles they’ve been playing - nothing wrong with them. The teams chemistry has been good, and they’re just functioning so well as a group. Smith is not a good inclusion for fritta; and to those who keep insisting on bringing Tyson into it - he wouldn’t be a good inclusion for Tyson either.

This is a rubbishy move and reeks of panic stations.

Anyway, go dees.
I'm sure any other team would have done horses for courses, (most teams these days is all about matchups!!)

Buddy is soft......
Next one please!!! ;)
TBH that was only the official story.
I feel that the unofficial reason was another strike.

Surely Fritta is injured, no other reason not to be playing. We'd give you Heppell, Baguley and throw in Bellchambers for Casey to have him. It's a s**t selection.

Fritsch has averaged 14 disposals, bit over 3 marks and 2 tackles the last 5 weeks.

Had 1 contested possession against Geelong. Whilst I think he is a beautifully skilled player and will play alot of footy for Melbourne he hasn't played well in defence and is wasted down there.

Smith is like Frost last year, good athlete not a great footballer. Guessing they want him because you need to defend each of their front 6.

Wouldn't have done it meself but it's not like Fritta was playing that well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shattered for Fritsch. But can totally see why they brought Smith in. It’s defender for defender. And although Smith not really a genuine key defender size, he has a great leap and has genuine speed. Showed some good signs prior to injury.

Happy to. Feel like there's a lot of lazy analysis about him because of him being Cat B kid. He's not a 'dumb footballer' or 'just an athlete,' he's a bloke who had to make ridiculous leaps in footy standards from nowhere and is catching up to the speed of the game. Will play over 100 games for the club. He's hard as * and I reckon he can clean up his kicking giving there doesn't seem to be anything glaringly wrong in his technique. Pace should also be a plus in this game.

I do agree with the general sentiment though that Tyson should have gone and Fritsch should be forward of the ball where he's more comfortable. Don't see any argument that Tyson's got him covered anywhere but in the centre where we have a boatload of better options anyway but what do I/we know?

In: J Smith
Out: Tyson

Joel was great for Casey today and if West Coast play their normal forward line of Kennedy, Darling and Vardy then I think we're too short going with OMac and Frost and having to rely on Hibberd to be our 3rd 'tall'. Would rather Hibberd match up on Cripps with Nev and Salem taking Rioli and Ryan respectively. Lewis can exploit someone like Venables.

Ok so I went with Tyson to be dropped but surely this is the sort of thinking the selectors were going with. It makes sense, even if not many have faith in Smith to perform on the big stage. If we win, Fritsch will be straight back in as Smith won't have a match up against Richmond (though he might against Collingwood).

Re our forward line, imagine West Coast will send McGovern to TMac and Barrass to Weid. Leaves Melksham to play defensive forward on Hurn. They'll probably look to have Schofield run with Hannan. Spargo to annoy the s**t out of Jetta. AVB to monster Cole like he did Murdoch.

He went at 81% what game were you watching!
One where I didn't just look at the stat sheet but watched where the ball ended up. Handballing the ball to someone under pressure is not much better than turning it straight back over yourself.

Whatever wit the whole 'we need more height' argument. Smith is 3cm taller and Fritsch is better above his head anyway. Fritsch can also kick.

Our defensive unit has looked really settled of late and we've been the best defence of the finals series easily.

It's funny to read through the comments and see people convincing themselves though.

The coaches clearly rate Smith hugely. Hope they're right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back