Preview Changes & Discussion - Hawks vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
all those Murphy defenders. I was at the game on Sunday - in members, not where i usually sit. I think it was the last quarter and the ball came down to the Swans forward 50. It was a high ball and Murphy with his Swans opponent had to stand and go back slightly with the flight. Oncoming forwrds to crash the pack. Swannies player went back with courage. Murphy went back and then at last second took his eyes off the ball and DUCKED.

All the entire members could hear was me screaming "Murphy he squibbed it, i can't believe he just squibbed, get off the ground you goddam spud." Members told me to calm down. I had to calm down but i sat there shaking my head and having the Murphy squibbing vivd in my mind forever.

Get rid of him now. Just doesn't cut it.

Pretty strange you're the only person who has mentioned this. Players squibbing it normally leads to national outcry but I guess you're the only person that saw it? Was this before or after he took a good mark with his back to the play? In fact when exactly in the last quarter was it and did it result in a goal (Not that that is important just would make it easier to find).

Pretty strange you're the only person who has mentioned this. Players squibbing it normally leads to national outcry but I guess you're the only person that saw it? Was this before or after he took a good mark with his back to the play? In fact when exactly in the last quarter was it and did it result in a goal (Not that that is important just would make it easier to find).

I was impressed by his courage in this passage of play. not convinced, but impressed.

If dowlerss not up to it (but he was late last year) then schoenmakers and/or resting ruckmen to be tall fwd options

And Rough of course.

Port will be snarling though

I'm not a Murphy fan but people calling him a squib is a joke.

Never seen him shirk the issue when it was his time to go.

Remember last year Round 1, against Mooney when he ran back with the flight of the ball?

He has his limitations but is a team player.

Remember last year Round 1, against Mooney when he ran back with the flight of the ball?

One thing that surprised me at the game yesterday was that Murphy was the most vocal defender and ordering other defenders where to go.. To me it suggest that Clarkson has alot of faith in him.

To all those Murphy bashers out there. I will agree that he makes mistakes and can be done one on one in "many" contests. One thing i won't agree about murphy is that the guy doesn't go when its his turn.

He gives a 110% every time he takes the field and As rioli said in his interview on sunday " The team rule is to go when its your turn" . It is perhaps why he is still in the team.

There were quite a few instances and examples in yesterday's game and the Carlton game. Some people can only see the faults in the guy. Unfortunately playing down back means every mistake is magnified. Give the guy a break he is trying his best, something during the last 18 months i would say has not been apparant for the rest of his team mates.

He will almost definitely play this week

Outs:

Browndog, Buddy (possibly hooper)

Ins:

Schoey, Bateman (possibly shiels)

I wouldn't mind Murphy playing HFF or in the Forward Pocket. Interchange Shoey and Murph up forward. Would be good for them.

I will have a look at the replay at let you know where. It was right in front of me and not too sure how many people sitting in members would be on big footy.

I was impressed by his courage in this passage of play. not convinced, but impressed.

I thought one of Murphy's redeeming features was his courage and always went for it. However I have been less than impressed with his bumbling ways in quite a few games. For me, seeing him shirk an issue, was the last straw of my patience for him.

I think he only gets a game, as for some reason Clarko loves him, and is in the leadership group. Can do well on some smaller forwards but more often than not he makes too many mistakes and has had enough chances to prove his worth. Limited player IMHO. We know he can't step up and take on the bigger defender ( and got ridiculed unjustly ). Can take the smaller player and thought he got lucky against Carlton a few times. Just not anywhere near a premium defender and don't see any other spot for him on the ground. Let's face it since the departure of Croady the Hawks backline is not one of the better ones in the league and Murphy doesn't imporove that at all.

Also Buddy getting a week is the biggest load of sh*te. There will be a massive media uproar and this will only make the f*cking moron Anderson happier. Challenge and challenge and challenge again - take it too civil court if you have to Hawks as a stand has to be made. The tribunal in it's current format has been pathetic since it's inception. About time it changed. The only people who like it are the AFl and we know they just don' give a sh*t about the supporters or what they are doing to the game. As long as the bottom dollar is good and numbers are up they just don't care what happens to the rest of the game.

Harsh - was prominent when the game needed to be won.

Not really. He took one mark (which he was force fed by Rioli) and missed the goal. His skills were pretty poor all game. Didn't tackle or apply pressure much either. Has done nothing to cement his place in the side, therefore I think it's time to give someone else a chance too.
I reckon we could get several players up and firing at once by letting them all know there is a spot in the 22 up for grabs, Whitecross included.

Not really. He took one mark (which he was force fed by Rioli) and missed the goal. His skills were pretty poor all game. Didn't tackle or apply pressure much either. Has done nothing to cement his place in the side, therefore I think it's time to give someone else a chance too.
I reckon we could get several players up and firing at once by letting them all know there is a spot in the 22 up for grabs, Whitecross included.
Did you leave before the last quarter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would go as far to say whether hooper plays is what decides the game. I believe with Hooper and Franklin out we cannot kick enough goals to win the game. Hooper is our second most dangerous forward by quite a long way. Roughead is only there in body nowadays, his mind and spirit certainly seem somewhere else.

Most disappointing player of 2010 by a long way for mine.

I would go as far to say whether hooper plays is what decides the game. I believe with Hooper and Franklin out we cannot kick enough goals to win the game. Hooper is our second most dangerous forward by quite a long way. Roughead is only there in body nowadays, his mind and spirit certainly seem somewhere else.

Most disappointing player of 2010 by a long way for mine.

On target to kick over 50 goals. Whilst dissapointing, is still a very goo dplayer going through a rough patch.

ROUGH WILL BE BACK!!!

I think Hooper is vital for Defensive pressure, goals are a bonus.

Yep, or the mark he took running back with the flight yesterday. Hardly a squib.

On target to kick over 50 goals. Whilst dissapointing, is still a very goo dplayer going through a rough patch.

ROUGH WILL BE BACK!!!

I think Hooper is vital for Defensive pressure, goals are a bonus.

I'm actually nervouse about heading into this game. Without Buddy and Brown we lose a lot in key areas and Roughnut REALLY needs to repay the faith the club has in him and kick a bag.

We have lost a couple to Port in recent times, so here's to hoping we can buck that trend :)

I'm actually nervouse about heading into this game. Without Buddy and Brown we lose a lot in key areas and Roughnut REALLY needs to repay the faith the club has in him and kick a bag.

We have lost a couple to Port in recent times, so here's to hoping we can buck that trend :)

Looking at Port's form though they're going to struggle to kick a score as much as we are.

Their inclusions this week could be the main factors to the games outcome if Motlop & Brogan come back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back