Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 18 v Tigers @ MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a left field suggestion, Mitch Robinson in the forward line.

I think if Fullarton replaces Hipwood we need to replace Kiddy with someone who can be more dangerous which will probably be Bailey or Zorko spending more time forward. Maybe we need Joyce or the Berrys in the middle.

I think if Fullarton replaces Hipwood we need to replace Kiddy with someone who can be more dangerous which will probably be Bailey or Zorko spending more time forward. Maybe we need Joyce or the Berrys in the middle.
I'd consider replacing Coleman with Berry Jnr, might not be as explosive but at least he offers good tackling. Saw 4 or 5 Saints go straight through KCs tackles last night.

How far off is Berry Snr?

Important not to panic. However I don't think there is a stand out replacement for Hipwood. Tigers are looking a bit lacking down back with all of their injuries so for this particular game I like the idea of Smith coming in.

Joe Daniher is the worse ruckman in ball ups and throw ins I have ever seen! Its obvious he has no appetite for this sort of contest.

What about McStay doing the centre square duties? There is a possibility he might win one!

If Fullerton comes in he should go to the centre square. Leave Daniher up forward.

We don't have an answer to last night's game. Are we forgetting that we all wanted Lester out? Yet somehow his inclusion will change us for the better? We don't have better players outside the squad (not counting those who are injured) and the only way we can make this work is with our current squad. Lester, Fullarton and Joyce will add nothing, if not make our team worse than what it is.

Ah Chee kicked a good goal last night from the pocket. What did Coleman do? If someone's getting dropped, Coleman is on my list ahead of Ah Chee.

I also think we're still too slow in the backline, and I'd like to see Prior come in for Birchall.

We don't have an answer to last night's game. Are we forgetting that we all wanted Lester out? Yet somehow his inclusion will change us for the better? We don't have better players outside the squad (not counting those who are injured) and the only way we can make this work is with our current squad. Lester, Fullarton and Joyce will add nothing, if not make our team worse than what it is.
Joyce has done well in the VFL and Matho was a non-entity last night. How would Joyce replacing Matho make the team worse?

Joyce has done well in the VFL and Matho was a non-entity last night. How would Joyce replacing Matho make the team worse?
Matho had one bad game. By that logic we should drop most of our team as well. Joyce plays well in the reserves, but Matho plays better and yet he can't be effective in first grade football. So how would Joyce be any better? Also, Matho was the sub. Players like Lyons, Neale should be blamed considering they were dominated in the midfield.

All is not lost as far as top 2 is concerned, remaining games for the top 6, Swans still a rough chance if the beat the Dogs today >

Demons(52) - Hawks, Suns, Bulldogs, Eagles, Crows, Cats.
Bulldogs(48) - Swans, Suns, Crows, Demons, Bombers, Hawks, Port.
Cats(48) - Dockers, Tigers, Kangaroos, Giants, Saints, Demons.
Lions(44) - Tigers, Hawks, Suns, Dockers, Magpies, Eagles.
Port(44) - Saints, Magpies, Giants, Crows, Blues, Dogs.

Swans?(36) - Bulldogs, Giants, Dockers, Bombers, Saints, Kangaroos, Suns.

We are a realistic chance to win all our remaining games.... could come down to a couple of last round games in Dogs v Port and Demons v Cats. It's also handy for us that the Dogs and Demons clash before the end of the H&A season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we need is a fully fit Noah Answerth. A fully fit cam Rayner and a fully fit berry and Hipwood. Our depth isn't good enough to match the quality of these players (which we are missing a lot)

Matho had one bad game.
Matho hasn't had a senior game this season that I would call impressive.

By that logic we should drop most of our team as well.
No, because most of our team were not complete non-entities last night.

Joyce plays well in the reserves, but Matho plays better and yet he can't be effective in first grade football. So how would Joyce be any better?
Because different players play different roles. Matho plays a particular role at VFL level that Neale is already covering for us at AFL level. Joyce's role can fit better with our existing midfielders.

Also, Matho was the sub.
I know. I'm referring to the period where he was on the field.

Players like Lyons, Neale should be blamed considering they were dominated in the midfield.
Both of them did something last night.

In:
T Berry, Lester, Ballanden, Prior

Berry - Unlucky not to play more this season, quick and has a deadset crack, don't think he's put a foot wrong when he's been picked.
Lester - Certainly doesn't help with leg speed but atleast adds defensively in the air.
Ballanden - Don't think we'll get much out of him but only needs to provide a contest in the air. Highmore had the easiest night of his life last night once Hipwood went down. We need someone to atleast make a 3rd tall accountable.
Prior - Think we've played our best footy with him in the team and he deserves another run.

Out:
Mathieson, Hipwood, Birchall, Coleman

Matho - has had enough looks now, he isn't AFL standard and too many occasions plays for a free leaving us short at the contest.
Hipwood - gutted, absolutely gutted.
Birchall - When he plays the opposition seem to find a way to have a heap of time and space in their f, think we lose a lot more defensively than what we gain offensively with him.
Coleman - Think Prior is better right now, Kiddy doesn't hit the scoreboard and doesn't get enough of the ball.

Lastly, I think we'll see Adams swing forward at stages over the next month, he did a bit of swing man stuff at the Dogs. It's certainly not ideal though.

Lick our wounds and get ready for Richmond Friday evening
Who would have thought another must win game v Tigers on a Friday night
Going on Fagan pressor I only see one change Ballenden/Fullarton for Hipwood
If they intend playing one of those guys forward v Tigers they need to play forward in the two's today
Another bad game for us and things may change

Thoughts after watching the game live and without watching the replay

We were second to the ball all night and you won't win games playing like that

Lick our wounds and get ready for Richmond Friday evening
Who would have thought another must win game v Tigers on a Friday night
Going on Fagan pressor I only see one change Ballenden/Fullarton for Hipwood
If they intend playing one of those guys forward v Tigers they need to play forward in the two's today
Another bad game for us and things may change

Thoughts after watching the game live and without watching the replay

We were second to the ball all night and you won't win games playing like that
Wonder if there is a chance we pull one out of them out of the game after 3/4 time as it is only a 5 day turnaround after today to Friday night.

Starc didn't look too flash on the bench ,seemed to have trouble moving his neck, or maybe being cautious. I've seen players get rubbed out for a lot less than that ,given it was an accident.

I think we need to see who comes up . I don't think there's any hope Fages will drop Birchall for this particular game . We need a bit more freshness and zip so I'd bring in T Berry for Coleman and potentially Joyce for Mathieson. Rolling the dice on how we want to structure losing Hipwood but Fullarton has the front running if he can show something today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back