Preview Changes/Preview – Round 10 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look if we pick BBB I’ll probably be calling for him to be dropped on Sunday night. I was hoping maybe Fullarton could play some footy but he hasn’t looked great so far in VFL. Jeffo is a mile off. McAdam or Melksham I’d play. But neither if fit. Otherwise we just stick with Turner.

Show me the numbers that we play more direct/straighten up with Ben Brown, its exactly the same crap. Would much rather Turner coz at least he can put on some pressure when the ball is on the deck. He'll kick the occasional 3 goals like he did against Richmond, we lose nothing offensively.

Id ******* snap someone's hand off for a second rounded for Salem this off season
Dreaming getting a second I think, hes more salary dump territory with his injuries and play the past 3 years. Like what happened with Hunter or Billings.

Show me the numbers that we play more direct/straighten up with Ben Brown, its exactly the same crap. Would much rather Turner coz at least he can put on some pressure when the ball is on the deck. He'll kick the occasional 3 goals like he did against Richmond, we lose nothing offensively.
Also kicking accurate which is actually the only thing that Brown can do at AFL level anymore.

Dreaming getting a second I think, hes more salary dump territory with his injuries and play the past 3 years. Like what happened with Hunter or Billings.
Maybe, but I still think there's a perception around the league that he's a 'gun' hbf

Look if we pick BBB I’ll probably be calling for him to be dropped on Sunday night. I was hoping maybe Fullarton could play some footy but he hasn’t looked great so far in VFL. Jeffo is a mile off. McAdam or Melksham I’d play. But neither if fit. Otherwise we just stick with Turner.

I don't get why we have to bring in another tall if we want to drop Turner.

Play Trac more forward and bring in another mid.

A medium like McAdam or Melk is another option which we can hopefully look at in the coming weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A medium like McAdam or Melk is another option which we can hopefully look at in the coming weeks.

Its come to a point where id be shocked if we dont go into a game with three talls. I could absolutely see McAdam coming in for Billings instead, Goody is that stubborn. :madv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God bringing BBB and a half-fit Salem back in would make me vom

Genuinely don't think Salem is best 22 anymore. I'd back Bowey, McVee, Riv, and Howes to impact games more than him.

All of those guys except Bowey defend to a very high level and rebound the ball well. Bowey is a better rebounder than Salem because he is willing to take difficult kicks to open up the ground, he reminds me of Noble from the Pies who I think is an underrated player.

There's always two trains of thought in the changes threads I reckon. There's those that will post about what THEY would do or what they think should happen, and those who post about realistically what Goody seems likely to do. That's why I had a tall coming in for Turner, as that's what it seems like Goody is likely to do.

Saying that, McAdam is going to be a good answer once he's ready, I think he'll take the place of a tall, but he's another 2-3 weeks away according to Goody. Personally, I would love to get Tholstrup back in, have him and ANB share some midfield duties and play Trac more forward than mid, but I think we've also all seen that Goody often goes back into his shell by this time of year, so probably not likely.

McAdam, Melksham and Tholstrup are our wildcards as the year goes on I reckon. Chaplin reckons Tholstrup will be best 22 by end of the season, McAdam trained in a role similar to a tall during preseason, and Melksham could be similar pending how he comes back. If we add that to (hopefully) starting to manage our players for finals instead of running them into the ground, I've still got hopes for this year.

I just think Salem is a super average player and has been for the vast majority of his career.

Athletically he is below average, isn't quick or strong. Doesn't have a huge tank either.

Then his supposed excellent footskills are just him taking 15-20 safe dinky kicks a week. The lack of dare is a team wide issue but he makes it worse because he gets played in that sweeping HBF role and doesn't lead the way trying to attack the game. May is a far better attacking kick than him, and whilst May is an incredible kick for a KPD that is embarrassing for Salem.

Signed on until end of 2026, I'd love it if we basically gave him away to someone like North just so they pay his wages. Won't happen though, Goody loves him.

There's always two trains of thought in the changes threads I reckon. There's those that will post about what THEY would do or what they think should happen, and those who post about realistically what Goody seems likely to do. That's why I had a tall coming in for Turner, as that's what it seems like Goody is likely to do.

Saying that, McAdam is going to be a good answer once he's ready, I think he'll take the place of a tall, but he's another 2-3 weeks away according to Goody. Personally, I would love to get Tholstrup back in, have him and ANB share some midfield duties and play Trac more forward than mid, but I think we've also all seen that Goody often goes back into his shell by this time of year, so probably not likely.

McAdam, Melksham and Tholstrup are our wildcards as the year goes on I reckon. Chaplin reckons Tholstrup will be best 22 by end of the season, McAdam trained in a role similar to a tall during preseason, and Melksham could be similar pending how he comes back. If we add that to (hopefully) starting to manage our players for finals instead of running them into the ground, I've still got hopes for this year.

Ridiculous that we're keeping Billings in the team over Tholstrup. I'd rather a kid give us nothing than a guy who is a couple years away from retirement doing the same thing. At least with Tholstrup you know he'll bring real energy as a non-negotiable.

Ridiculous that we're keeping Billings in the team over Tholstrup. I'd rather a kid give us nothing than a guy who is a couple years away from retirement doing the same thing. At least with Tholstrup you know he'll bring real energy as a non-negotiable.

Thought Billings was good enough early but his last month has been poor. Turning it over way too much to be our 'elite foot skills' guy. We've been pretty good at blooding new guys this year, but I would love to see K.Brown, Sestan, Tholstrup and maybe even AMW get a shot. Billings is out of form, Chandler is a watch with his knee maybe needing managing, Woey and Laurie are a bit meh, just want to see us try them out.

Thought Billings was good enough early but his last month has been poor. Turning it over way too much to be our 'elite foot skills' guy. We've been pretty good at blooding new guys this year, but I would love to see K.Brown, Sestan, Tholstrup and maybe even AMW get a shot. Billings is out of form, Chandler is a watch with his knee maybe needing managing, Woey and Laurie are a bit meh, just want to see us try them out.

I think Woey has been OK, Laurie I don't think will amount to anything BUT I get they're trying to reward VFL form, because he normally dominates that level. Feel like Chandler has been a bit off for a while but I don't like to go too hard on our small forwards when we play a style that doesn't benefit them.

Yeah as I said one of McAdam or Melksham are good options. We just don’t have another mid to bring into the mix. Gus is a huge blow in this scenario. Otherwise we just rotate Sparrow ANB Kozzy etc to release Trac. Salo can play mid or bring Rivers in to the mids.

I think Woey has been OK, Laurie I don't think will amount to anything BUT I get they're trying to reward VFL form, because he normally dominates that level. Feel like Chandler has been a bit off for a while but I don't like to go too hard on our small forwards when we play a style that doesn't benefit them.

Woey looked really good when he was subbed on this week. Much better than previously, and probably deserving of a full game.

Been saying it for over a year now, Chandler plays his best games when we try and move the ball fast. Looks 5x the player when he has room to operate in, that has remained true this year. He can do the contest and tackle stuff at an appropriate level but he really shines off turnover and when we get the ball inside 50 quickly.

Yeah that's fair. I just don't think the backline role really suits Woey. He's probably a similar player to Sparrow, so maybe that secondary mid/HF role is this best? Hard to know yet I guess. Don't have huge expectations for him, just see him being a solid depth mid going forward. Just reckon that trio of Tholstrup, Sestan and Kynan Brown have the potential to give us a bit more x-factor in that mid/forward role than the more vanilla players like Billings, Woey and Laurie.

Been saying it for over a year now, Chandler plays his best games when we try and move the ball fast. Looks 5x the player when he has room to operate in, that has remained true this year. He can do the contest and tackle stuff at an appropriate level but he really shines off turnover and when he gets the ball inside 50 quickly.
He's a great runner and can take a mark but just needs some space to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back