Preview Changes/Preview – Round 23 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like some learnings, hey Simon?

Out: Grundy (Port), Jordon (Bonnie Doon 3rds)
In: Tomlinson, Hibberd

Smith forward in the most obvious move ever, Tomlinson to help free up the backs, Hibberd because he is a better footballer than Jordon in every single way. Bowey up the ground more.

Nothing like some learnings, hey Simon?

Out: Grundy (Port), Jordon (Bonnie Doon 3rds)
In: Tomlinson, Hibberd

Smith forward in the most obvious move ever, Tomlinson to help free up the backs, Hibberd because he is a better footballer than Jordon in every single way. Bowey up the ground more.
Agree with you except I'd move Riv up the ground in Jordans place.

Smith permanent sub, he has bugger all impact playing a full game.

Grundy lucky but who the hell are we going to replace him with?

IN: TMac (pending how he goes tomorrow), Tomlinson
OUT: Grundy, Jordon

Smith to sub, Hibberd in.

Agree with you except I'd move Riv up the ground in Jordans place.

Smith permanent sub, he has bugger all impact playing a full game.

Grundy lucky but who the hell are we going to replace him with?
I've been a big advocate of Rivers up the ground, but he's been so ******* good in his current role that I'm less inclined to move him now.

Bowey doesn't win defensive contests, but is a good/smart kick, so think him off a forward flank makes sense. Trac, Viney, Oliver, Pickett, Brayshaw, Sparrow is enough rotations for the middle IMO

Nearly time for my yearly "trade Salem" post in the trade and drafting thread. God id love to drop that campaigner from the side this week. What is the point of you.

Nearly time for my yearly "trade Salem" post in the trade and drafting thread. God id love to drop that campaigner from the side this week. What is the point of you.
His first bad game since he came back, and he wasn't that bad. Certainly not the worst half back flanker out there in r&b.

His first bad game since he came back, and he wasn't that bad. Certainly not the worst half back flanker out there in r&b.

Does he make us better? Could literally find a million guys to sit off the back of packs and chip 20m passes. (On a hell of a lot less money than twinkle toes is)

Out:
  • Grundy (less said the better)
  • Jordon (players usually improve as they get older, he's just the same old player with clearer vulnerabilities)
  • Bowey (killed by Owies in defence, s**t by foot for the second week in a row, and not particularly up for the contest)

In:
  • Schache (it will be McDonald, but whatever)
  • Woewodin/Spargo/Laurie (whoever plays best tomorrow)
  • Hibberd (obviously)

Does he make us better? Could literally find a million guys to sit off the back of packs and chip 20m passes.
He definitely does. Last year you could argue that, but Salem has been an offensive weapon this year and his intercepting has been important.

But why does he keep kicking dinky, loopy kicks that put the receiver under pressure?

I agree that his performance since coming back have been pretty decent, but this game clearly highlighted his deficiencies.

But why does he keep kicking dinky, loopy kicks that put the receiver under pressure?

I agree that his performance since coming back have been pretty decent, but this game clearly highlighted his deficiencies.
He was bad tonight, absolutely, but those dinky kicks haven't been a feature otherwise this season. A real point of improvement for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really need to get a new TV. Something is wrong with mine.
I know there's a real desire from the #ARG to make bold calls, but the correct consensus this year has been that Salem has been really good since coming back.

I know there's a real desire from the #ARG to make bold calls, but the correct consensus this year has been that Salem has been really good since coming back.

I think he's been meh. Don't reckon he'd be missed. He's certainly no Trent Rivers or Judd McVee.

He was bad tonight, absolutely, but those dinky kicks haven't been a feature otherwise this season. A real point of improvement for him.

But a point of improvement for him now? At what age and how many seasons?

I've been a defender of his previously, but no more. Not good enough to revert to that sort of low percentage crap.

But a point of improvement for him now? At what age and how many seasons?

I've been a defender of his previously, but no more. Not good enough to revert to that sort of low percentage crap.
He had a bad game, it happens to everyone. So did Melksham, and he's the oldest bloke out there. Need to back our guys in a bit more.

He had a bad game, it happens to everyone. So did Melksham, and he's the oldest bloke out there. Need to back our guys in a bit more.
Nah Salem's no good mate. 28 years old, never sniffed an AA and rarely ever in the best 3 players on the ground. He's just a bloke in the team who's neither a very good defender or a very good rebounder. He's just a solid AFL player. Would bite someone's hand off for a top 30 pick for him.

Goody in the post-match when asked if anyone is in the frame for selection: 'Tommy McDonald plays tomorrow so we'll have a good look at that'
Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Nah Salem's no good mate. 28 years old, never sniffed an AA and rarely ever in the best 3 players on the ground. He's just a bloke in the team who's neither a very good defender or a very good rebounder. He's just a solid AFL player. Would bite someone's hand off for a top 30 pick for him.
Made the squad in 2021, has definitely sniffed one. Regardless, I think we're a better team with him in.

Goody in the post-match when asked if anyone is in the frame for selection: 'Tommy McDonald plays tomorrow so we'll have a good look at that'
Watching Grundy today, I get it tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back