Preview Changes: R10 vs Melbourne - Crows drop Hamill but keep Mackay

Do you think D Mac will be selected in the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I never said thilthorpe didnt have talent. I just wanted hollands or mcdonald in the draft. so far it doesnt look like we made a mistake picking him.
Well young Hollands would want to hit the ground running then (when he overcomes his injury concerns..whenever that may be)

thilthorpe a better talent than hollands? thats laughable.

Yep, not sure why we are playing a rookie in front of a couple of highly rated and drafted talls

We love rookies.

They're battlers who have EARNED a game by fighting their way to a list spot.

We don't like high draft picks.

They're too reliant on talent, and haven't had to work hard enough to DESERVE a game.

Also, they aren't AFL READY (this week, at least).

At this point I'm beginning to wonder whether Nicks could even get the selection right in a one horse race.

Not sure how anyone can consistently get it wrong every week like Nicks does.

I'm beginning to worry that he doesn't seem to have a clear idea on who he is and what direction he's wanting to head.

I had an email argument with Fagan last year about our clear lack of strategy and planning; and it appears as though it hasn't changed.

There is a massive disconnect between selection, drafting, list management, player development; etc.

At this point I'm beginning to wonder whether Nicks could even get the selection right in a one horse race.

Not sure how anyone can consistently get it wrong every week like Nicks does.

I'm beginning to worry that he doesn't seem to have a clear idea on who he is and what direction he's wanting to head.

Good post, he wasted last year and is quickly looking like he is going to waste this year.

DISCLAIMER - If we're tanking, then I retract everything, and I'm happy to see it....

BUT, surely we could Tank AND develop younger players?

This is how the Crows tank.

cat-cardboard-tank-hates-it-escape-13592971309.gif

If we weren’t in a rebuild and genuinely thought we were in the mix and gunning for finals, how would our selected team look different?

Hamill in, Mackay out, and it's pretty much our best 22 taking into account our injuries, form etc (I'd probably have McPherson over Jones when both are at full flight, but that's not 2021 Moose at the moment).

The only other call you could genuinely make in that sense is Murray out and Worrell in. It'd be a gamble that Worrell intercept game would mitigate any damage being at CHB would cause, but defenses are built on generating intercepts. It's the high risk/high reward move though.

Why has Worrell not yet gotten an AFL game? bs
Maybe if we were rebuilding we could throw a few games to a kid performing well in the twos but not otherwise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back