Changes to NAB Rising Star

Should non-rookies be allowed to win the NAB Rising Star?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

MiloStedman

Est. 1994
Aug 21, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tahs Storm 76ers Liverpool
Right now I'm convinced that the rules for elegibilty for the NAB Rising Star are pretty much b*llsh*t. Right now it's looking like Daniel Talia is going to win in his third year of AFL footy! Ridiculous! He's had three times more exposure to the AFL than who should be winning the award, and that's be Jeremy Cameron. Yes, I know, he hasn't played that many games over the years, but three years of coaching, training, AFL exposure and of course, pre-seasons can change a player a lot. Outrageous that anyone apart from a first-year player should be able to win the award. It should be a true rookie of the year award, not come bogus crap award with NAB's name on it.

I think it's fair and just for him to win it. He's a great defender anyway.

This wouldn't be an issue if it were not for ineligibility due to missing games from reports. That needs to be stamped out of this contest, so that the true winner emerges each time.

I'm a much bigger fan of a genuine Rookie of the Year award. Where a first year player can only win. I think the AFLPA have a 'Best First Year Player' Award.

There is far too much of an advantage to players who have had 3 years in the system and still under the 21 years, 10 games limit or whatever the rule is.

Create another two seperate awards for mature age recruits and 'emerging young player' (similar to current NAB Rising Star rules) and these should all be merged in to create an awards gala night with the Players' Association MVP, All-Australian and AFLCA Coaches award.

Back