Prediction Changes v China Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Outs:
Injured or not, Young has offered nothing for 3 weeks so he has to get dropped.

Sam Gray isn't (and has never been) a best 22 player so with almost a full contingent to choose from we can't afford to keep carrying a small forward who applies very little defensive pressure and can't finish his work. We have to realise that he is a depth midfielder, not a small forward.

Westhoff and Hartlett are also still offering very little in their current roles but no doubt their positions won't even be considered by the match committee.

Ins:
Eddy - should never have been dropped and whether he has some flaws or not we need another tall forward.

Monfries - has had a couple of games back now and sounds like he's ready to go. Clearly best 22 when fit.

Ah Chee best on ground again. He's had a big opening month of sanfl footy.

Interesting that two guys Arch and toumpas, who were outcasted this pre season are performing very well!

I'm back on the Monfries for Young bandwagon. Young is in poor form, Monfries is on the comeback trail and in good form. It's an obvious like for like decision.

Our selectors need to get used to us having good depth options.
We don't need to play out of form or injured players like we did last two seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Continuing to pick Sam Gray when superior players keep performing at SANFL level is like serving Coolabah goon bag to your dinner guests with a few bottles of Penfolds Grange Hermitage you've been "meaning to open" lying dormant on the wine rack.

The Plan is to win the SANFL premiership in 2017 and AFL in 2018

There we go ... Ports playing injured players. Not good for the player's welfare or the Clubs chances on the field.
Ken said there was no problem two weeks ago - I'm calling it bullshite

He has OP. Why make him travel? Let him stay at home resting, then the bye and. if you must, play him against Geelong. I'd probably rest him until the next home game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back