Opinion Changes V Collingwood - R9 Friday 13th May, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Week GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW for me its not a personal shot at Cleary. Just an opinion that we can ill afford another debutant/inexperienced player coming into the side right now. And a criticism of the philosophy of selection. Our season is on a knifes edge right now.

Rhylee west has been good for a number of weeks in the VFL too. He hasnt got a shot.

How’s people getting upset at players debuting. Absolute superstars you are.

I’m not upset at the debut, mine is that we are ****ed if the rumours are true about Libba and then additional players through illness. We were already needing to make at least 6 changes, it could be 10+

FWIW for me its not a personal shot at Cleary. Just an opinion that we can ill afford another debutant/inexperienced player coming into the side right now. And a criticism of the philosophy of selection. Our season is on a knifes edge right now.

Rhylee west has been good for a number of weeks in the VFL too. He hasnt got a shot.
Completely agree with the sentiment there’s others due too and you just can’t pick our selection - or tbh you can now because you know we’re going to constantly make the wrong decisions.

But I’m okay with Cleary getting a go, at least it’s an eye to the future. Let’s be honest the seasons done. Give me the likes of Cleary over the Roarkes & McCombs anyday.

I don’t see where he fits but hopefully this means we’re planning on changing some stuff up. Croz has to play too so hopefully both Daniel & Dale out of the backline Croz & Cleary in.

If we change some s**t up and lose so be it but one thing I cannot accept from the rest of the year is just doing the same s**t over and over again and going no where

Completely agree with the sentiment there’s others due too and you just can’t pick our selection - or tbh you can now because you know we’re going to constantly make the wrong decisions.

But I’m okay with Cleary getting a go, at least it’s an eye to the future. Let’s be honest the seasons done. Give me the likes of Cleary over the Roarkes & McCombs anyday.

I don’t see where he fits but hopefully this means we’re planning on changing some stuff up. Croz has to play too so hopefully both Daniel & Dale out of the backline Croz & Cleary in.

If we change some s**t up and lose so be it but one thing I cannot accept from the rest of the year is just doing the same s**t over and over again and going no where
Bailey Williams makes way I assume, given the coach felt he was so inadequet last week he was the first defender to move forward.

Bailey Williams makes way I assume, given the coach felt he was so inadequet last week he was the first defender to move forward.
Ah right, slipped my mind he’s been so poor.

Hopefully Croz for Williams & Cleary for Daniel, I’d play Daniel off half forward at the moment - we don’t pressure up there anyway so might as well at least have ball use rather than no pressure and s**t ball use.

Backlines a lot more defensively minded with those changes

TOB was injured last week. Cleary's coming in to replace him.
Considering we’ve been playing TOB as a CHB I’d really hope that’s not the case, would think Keaths a straight swap for him anyway - unless Gards is out too…

Surely we’re not that dumb though, Cleary is a defensively minded HBF with good skills from what I’ve seen, think probably Ed without the speed

Edit: actually Williams is probably a really good comparison thinking about it. Medium height strong in the air without being a presence, great kick, adequate athleticism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back