Opinion Changes v GWS - Cox Ryan Sutty Grey in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very harsh on Nyhuis and Deluca. Ballas in is just bullshit.
very harsh indeed!! And Sutcliffe has racked up heaps of touches playing in the Midfield V WPp & EP So RTB Please play him centre forward and please please do not play him in the back 6 because his he will cause numerous turnovers resulting in direct goals to GWS!!

Pretty excited for this one now. No Greene or Johnson robs them of a lot of ground level goal scoring power.

No Mumford should give us the edge in the middle as well.
Greene out is big for them but Stevie J is pretty much a spud these days. No doubt does a lot of leadership stuff but his football output ain't great.

Darcy will be devastated that Mummy is out.

Some quality melts on here as always. I don't mind Sutcliffe in as long as Ross isn't planning to play him in defense (which he probably is). Think he deserves a chance in the middle or maybe half forward.

Disappointed for the outs, especially Josh. The Huis should get a proper chance in defense at some point.

I think some people forget that Suttcliffe used to be a reasonable player, I don't see why he shouldn't get at least one more chance to find it again before being put on the scrapheap.

No one ever gave Ibbo the same chances and he was nearly AA at one point. Age would be a factor but Johnson and Spurr have kept their spots.

I think some people forget that Suttcliffe used to be a reasonable player, I don't see why he shouldn't get at least one more chance to find it again before being put on the scrapheap.
I agree with this and I think it applies to all the players who are under 25 with less than 100 games. Croz, Sherro, Sutty, Kersten, Tabs, Collins, Ape etc.

Sutty is no superstar but has shown the ability to play at a reasonable level. I do think plenty have gone past him in the back half but we might be able to find him a new role, even if only as a backup in it.

Also, we have plenty of older players to move on so we should probably get used to some/most of these blokes being on the list next year and into the future.

As long sutty play forward or HF his selection is not a problem .

No one ever gave Ibbo the same chances and he was nearly AA at one point. Age would be a factor but Johnson and Spurr have kept their spots.

*A* factor? It's obviously the major factor given he was playing like a crab. Johnson has at least been producing decent footy. Spurr I concede has been rubbish, but I suspect his position in the leadership group has ensured he maintains his spot in the team.

*A* factor? It's obviously the major factor given he was playing like a crab. Johnson has at least been producing decent footy. Spurr I concede has been rubbish, but I suspect his position in the leadership group has ensured he maintains his spot in the team.

Huh? The other two players are older, that was the point. I'm not sure how Ross chooses his favorites. Ibbotson is way better than Spurr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, are Sutcliffe and Spurr your favourites?

I'd be happy with Sutcliffe a bit more if

a) he improves his kicking because slow up and unders just make it easier for the opposition, and
b) he's played in the midfield and not in defence.

As neither of things will happen, then no, I'm not in favour of him being selected. Their forward has a fair bit of talent. Presenting them with turnovers is just trolling our members in my view.

Spurr is sadly out of form. Member of the leadership group or not, he should be picked on form not reputation.

Am I the only one who's just not excited anymore? I think I've lost interest now.

The derby really hurt. So much so that I had a strong feeling that the Freo/Hawthorn game would be unwatchable so I didn't go. I was right. Only Brisbane has lost more games at home over the last two years.

As long sutty play forward or HF his selection is not a problem .

With Weller flagged as moving into the midfield for this game and Spurr out it makes two out of our backline.
Agree I would love to see Crozier or Cox plus Ryan back there and Sutty tried in a different position but don't hold your breath.

Am I the only one who's just not excited anymore? I think I've lost interest now.
Would a 17/5 fixture revamp spark your interest?

My interest is purely looking for individual growth. Given up on positional changes, game plan, or any new line of coaching philosophy. Just wanna see Darcy win the ruck and the other kids have a few moments of "gees, that's pretty good... maybe we have one here". And to a lesser extent, would love to see Fyfe back to his best... but just looks like most our experienced blokes are standing back a bit and seeing what the kids can deliver.

Nah, I've been feeling that way since we ignominiously exited the finals in 2015.
Same, that and our team just looks completely different. Lost favourites in Barlow and Pav (obv) and wholesale youngins. Happened pretty quick.

The worst thing though is the lack of effort and drive. Ross's press conferences sound like they just go through the motions. There's no hunger, which baffles me. Unless it's just his media face and he's difference internally but I've seen no evidence of that. The tone of voice and body language does not scream 'I'm a dog hungry professional leader, driven towards the ultimate prize at all costs' to me. Dude, it's literally your job. Go work in advertising if you want to go through the motions.

We've hit the bottom of the barrel and played all the kids bar Strnadica. Some of the old brigade have worked their way back in due to injuries. I probably felt flatter near the end of 2015 when it was clear that our run had come to an end.

- Looking forward to see how Sean Darcy goes over the rest of the season. If the rebuild goes to plan and we are challenging by 2020 Darcy will be in his 4th year and be in complete beast mode.
- Blakely killing it wherever he plays is good to watch.
- Weller playing in Sonny's midfield spot (If it actually happens) will be great to see.
- Hopefully Cox plays forward for the rest of the season. A few more pack marks and some goals would stir something in my pants.
- I hope without holding my breathe to see Tabs in again this season.
- Fingers crossed we get to see Bennell get a game before the end of the season. Hopefully a home game - Imagine the crowd if he kicks a goal!
- Looking forward to the draft and trading period. Excited to see what we do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back