Changes v Port (latest; out: Murray, In: Murphy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there really any doubt with Phillips, he’s so far entrenched in the best 22 now
Agree.

But I did see someone suggesting.

Got to knock these things on it’s head

Absolutely. But I think Madgen should retain his spot as the tall. Oxley out for mine as he is more a like for like replacement. Keeping the same tall/intercept/small mix.
We need to think ahead though re McClarty, during finals we're going to come up against some pretty potent forward lines and having someone with McClartys size will be a bonus, i think we need to get a couple of games into him before finals, he's also more versatile than Madgen as he can play forward-back and ruck.

I agree with his upside and his strength being his speed, run and carry but he hasn't been using that like he did in the Hawthorn game (which was superb). If he was getting caught trying to use his speed I could forgive that, but he is choosing to pass the ball off even when he could go on the burst. It seems to be a confidence issue to me and I think he needs to sort that out in the VFL because the yips are hurting the senior side too much. I would go as far as saying that he is a liability at present.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd agree on more VFL time to right himself but we don't have selection luxury to do so and therefore continuity would dictate he stays in.

Doubt it as Howe is a Defender not a Forward unless they send Mihoceck Back

McClarty can play defense Dave he has in the past.

I wouldn't take Mihocek away from the forward line.

McClarty can play defense Dave he has in the past.

I wouldn't take Mihocek away from the forward line.

Think it be a Huge Risk him Down Back since he did the Pre-Season as a Forward Ruck and Played all season there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Sure We can Beat Port Now without Howe

But remember Dixon is out and Westhoff will have to play some ruck time with Ryder also likely to miss too - Port are planning on playing a debutante in the ruck. Port’s tall forward line stocks aren’t looking too flash for this weekend so it’s not all doom and gloom, our backline has held up well in the last few weeks, all things considered.

Think it be a Huge Risk him Down Back since he did the Pre-Season as a Forward Ruck and Played all season there

We don't really have a choice IMO.

I know he wont be selected but that is what I would do Dave.

Not with Oxley playing!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We will have to use a whole team defence to beat Port just as we did against the Lions.But it's not sustainable in the long term.Every time the Lions moved the ball quickly onto the forward line their talls outmarked our defenders and looked like scoring.The top teams will take adavantage of our lack of height down back and make us pay for it far more than the Lions did the other night.We need Howe to come back for the finals,and even Darcy Moore.I know it's a big risk depending on him,but we simply don't have any other options at the moment.

Who will he play on?

No Dixon so minimal chance he plays.

Madgen is well ahead of him right now.

We have two games to get him accustomed...…….I have little faith in Moore unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back