Prediction Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, with Billy's suspension, we may have to verify his form by making him play more SANFL once he comes back, just to make sure he didn't lose form during the suspension, but I fear it might be too late by then.

You’re taking the piss right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re taking the piss right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. I'm saying we don't know if Billy will be able to come back to playing football with the same form. He should be able to without much of a problem, but either way, he'll probably need to prove that his form can be consistent before he gets another go in the AFL.

There is almost zero chance Billy goes straight into the AFL from suspension. No one to blame but himself.

My fear is that Billy's cards are marked and he won't play for the club again.

My fear is that Billy's cards are marked and he won't play for the club again.
Maybe. I think he might choose to leave but I get the feeling the club would be impressed by his form this year.

I definitely could see the club refusing to play him while Dixon and Howard are playing up forward, but I’d hope we would consider him as FF to Dixon’s CHF while Dougal/Ryder play as resting ruck.

Still a chance that Frampton could get a game or 2 at the end of the season. We've got 6 games left, he'll miss 2 and will probs play another game in the SANFL.

With Burton and Ebert out, shift Howard back, Put Ladhams and Marshall in up forward and then Frampton can come in for Ladhams in a few weeks time perhaps.

I no longer care who is IN or who is OUT this week as it doesn't matter. We are cooked.

But we should be buoyed by the leadership group's take on our situation.According to Hamish Hartlett,

'... our intent at training for the entire season has been pretty outstanding, so there is never any question in that area.
every player is always looking to improve their individual game, and how it can benefit the team as a whole.'

On this week's Training...

It was our main session and they usually can be pretty physical - a little bit more so this week. I know the forwards and backs were concentrating on defending the crumb. All our guys come out with real purpose and a real intent to get better, individually and as a team.'

So we obviously leave it all on the track Hamish?
I realise that Hamish Hartlett is only pushing the Club line and is not going to be too negative but that doesn't make the hype and easier to take.

Unfortunately, with Billy's suspension, we may have to verify his form by making him play more SANFL once he comes back, just to make sure he didn't lose form during the suspension, but I fear it might be too late by then.
Or possibly to meet the SANFL's arcane rules about finals qualification, especially if the Power are mathematically out by then.

I no longer care who is IN or who is OUT this week as it doesn't matter. We are cooked.

But we should be buoyed by the leadership group's take on our situation.According to Hamish Hartlett,

'... our intent at training for the entire season has been pretty outstanding, so there is never any question in that area.
every player is always looking to improve their individual game, and how it can benefit the team as a whole.'

It was our main session and they usually can be pretty physical - a little bit more so this week. I know the forwards and backs were concentrating on defending the crumb. All our guys come out with real purpose and a real intent to get better, individually and as a team.'

I realise that Hamish Hartlett is only pushing the Club line and is not going to be too negative but that doesn't make the hype and easier to take.

So it wasn't raining at training then?

There's been far too much talk this week. It had better be backed up on Saturday.

So now in a week where we have 3 injuries and a magpies suspension and on a Wednesday he has a full contact training session.

* me..

He’s taking the pi$$, how about getting them to the beach at 4am on Monday and flogging the gizzards out of them, hell I would have kept them on the ground after the game and made them train, but not a Wednesday.

No. I'm saying we don't know if Billy will be able to come back to playing football with the same form. He should be able to without much of a problem, but either way, he'll probably need to prove that his form can be consistent before he gets another go in the AFL.

I doubt his good form will mean anything. Seems like his cards are marked. Unless Dixon re-injure's himself, only then Ken will reluctantly put him into consideration again.

It's obvious that Xavier was rested by a coach that has been adamant that he doesn’t rest players. Once again Kenny has tried to aspire to standards that he was ultimately unable to uphold, so he’s tried to get away with a ‘claytons’ rest.

When he says 'we had to have someone carry over, so we get a little bit of both', he's basically saying that he has tried to both 'rest' and 'give a small rocket' to Xavier at the same time. And when he says '..and Xavier, this week, didn’t earn his spot in the side', he's trying to justify his decision to play Sutcliffe ahead of him.

Even though the transcript below is bumbling in nature, the meaning is clear...

Yeah, he wasn't in the team, ummm, because he wasn't,..... let's be really clear, he was ok, but he hasn't been shooting the lights out... but , he's been playing really well,.... to a point, but there's a commitment to play better,... and he’s a young player, and we thought this was an opportunity for him, with the magpies playing yesterday, that we had to have someone carry over, so we get a little bit of both... I’m not a, not a, ‘resting players’ coach, so you earn your spot in the side, and Xavier, this week, didn’t earn his spot in the side..

Hinkley is so friggen old school.
Why demotivate the motivated?
Trying to show who's top dog before he discovers your'e an imposter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it wasn't raining at training then?

There's been far too much talk this week. It had better be backed up on Saturday.
I don't want to be a downer but it wouldn't surprise me if the dam wall breaks this Saturday and we get beaten comfortably.
Under Ken our last 1/3 of seasons are ordinary. Got a bad feeling about this game.

I don't want to be a downer but it wouldn't surprise me if the dam wall breaks this Saturday and we get beaten comfortably.
Under Ken our last 1/3 of seasons are ordinary. Got a bad feeling about this game.

Has a bit of that Collingwood game at the MCG last year feel about it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our forwards are focused on DEFENDING the crumb?

Sounds like our Ken.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

what a clown. get ready for us to come out slow, bruised and battered because of stinkley's fragile ego.
Yep had the same reaction. I've been thru' the whole gamut of emotions towards Ken unfortunately it's trended downwards
from 2015 onwards. Now it's reached contempt.

He obviously wants to be a senior coach again. I'd say he's had enough time and learning to get back into the scene, but it doesn't seem like he cares too much about which club he coaches, he seems more concerned at getting the opportunity in the first place. That's a fault of his I'm not yet sure if he's fixed. He has plenty of practical understanding of football, but does he have the capacity to build a strong enough connection with his group?

Our forwards are focused on DEFENDING the crumb?

Sounds like our Ken.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

kern: g'day bass, what have you got the boys working on tonight?

bass: aw you know ken, the usual

kern: marking practice? leading patterns and creating space?

bass: nah mate

kern: it's not goalkicking is it?

bass: nah of course not

kern: what then?

bass: got them drilling contested ball on the ground, charlie's making his best mean face and giving away free kicks, westy's just kind of floating around and getting pushed over and we've got (insert sanfl nobody) running around looking out of his depth

kern: sounds great mate, anything else you're working on?

bass: yeah we're making sure everyone over 185cms remembers to push up to half back so we can isolate sammy gray deep in a 1 on 6

kern: yeah perfect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back