Preview Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies, I haven’t read all the thread to avoid the Gowers melts but am I reading too much in to Trenners being named an emergency - first time all year? Late change brewing?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have we ever really had an excellent forward line though (since the Eade era).

Even 2016 was super makeshift. Picken wasnt really playing much forward line prior, nor had Cordy, Stringer wasnt in peak form like he was in 2015 and Smith, Boyd, Dickson etc had career best patches of form.

In Naughton and JUH we trust.
Probably not but 2015 was actually pretty good. Dicko and Stringer in ripping form and Crameri pretty good too. Kicked over 140 between them.

Was harder in 2016 because we stopped the run and gun style that allowed us to kick and concede cricket scores. Probably the best it’s been since Eade.

So predictable!
Luke is obviously a great coach and Gowers seems like a popular teammate, but it’s frustrating that he gets another opportunity after last weeks performance when guys like McLean, Schache, Le Young, Trengrove are dropped as soon as they even slightly underperform.

I would be interested to know how many winning games that Billy has played in over his 30 odd game career?

Interesting story ?????????
There would be at least one million people here who’s father migrated to Australia. 😂😂😂😂
Not many had a dad who was a world champion Belarussian pole vaulter but. :p

So predictable!
Luke is obviously a great coach and Gowers seems like a popular teammate, but it’s frustrating that he gets another opportunity after last weeks performance when guys like McLean, Schache, Le Young, Trengrove are dropped as soon as they even slightly underperform.

I would be interested to know how many winning games that Billy has played in over his 30 odd game career?

Who else should be picked to play the agile crash and bash forward role?

I’m no fan of Gowers body of work but I can see the job he is trying to do.

Sweet or Trengove may be able to do it but are pretty lumbering when the ball hits the deck and conditions are likely to be slippery.

Sweet or Trengove may be able to do it but are pretty lumbering when the ball hits the deck and conditions are likely to be slippery.
Lewy Young as the second tall forward and can help out in the ruck and allow English to rest forward.

Greene?

Greene is the closest we have though and I'd say a closer match to dale who Gowers originally replaced
Don't mind Greene but no idea where his form is at this year.

If Bont was really going to play CHF all day it might make sense. Greene could be the opportunistic half-forward finding space. However if it's only Josh Bruce as a genuine KPF then we have to rely on Wallis (186, 85) and Gowers for the big-bodied work. All the kids are under 80kg. The only other candidate is Suckling (187,85) but we both know that's not his caper.

EDIT: Actually now that you mention him (in the other thread) Josh Dunkley could play that role at a pinch. It's not his best position but Dunkley for Gowers anywhere on the ground has to be an upgrade. Hurry up and recover, Josh!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers Dogwatch. Not surprised with these numbers. Billy is a battler.
Yep it's not great.
EJ sr and the Hawk played in some of our most miserable years but both managed in the low 40s (43.6% and 42.3%).

Surprisingly his winning percentage has been greater since he won the goalkicking in 2018. Win tonight and it's 6/13 or 46+%.

Don't mind Greene but no idea where his form is at this year.

If Bont was really going to play CHF all day it might make sense. Greene could be the opportunistic half-forward finding space. However if it's only Josh Bruce as a genuine KPF then we have to rely on Wallis (186, 85) and Gowers for the big-bodied work. All the kids are under 80kg. The only other candidate is Suckling (187,85) but we both know that's not his caper.

EDIT: Actually now that you mention him (in the other thread) Josh Dunkley could play that role at a pinch. It's not his best position but Dunkley for Gowers anywhere on the ground has to be an upgrade. Hurry up and recover, Josh!
Dunkley up forward is just as much of a worry as Gowers imo

:eek:
Your place on the BF match committee is in jeopardy.
How much confidence do you have in dunkley converting a shot from 20 out directly in front? I'd nearly mark it down as a miss as he takes the mark.
His great in the contest because he is a bull in the clearances and his poor disposal can be hidden

Last edited:
The G-Force on the bulldogs board this season has seen it go into a spin on a number occasions. That is the G-Force otherwise known as G-Force Gowers and G-Force Gardner and the gravity of their selection is an amazement to us all.

Last edited:
Swhow much confidence to you have in dunkley converting a shot from 20 out directly in front? I'd nearly mark it down as a miss as he takes the mark.
His great in the contest because he is a bull in the clearances and his poor disposal can be hidden
He has turned it around the last two seasons: 13 goals 8 behinds (62%).
Our nominal CHF Marcus Bontempelli has kicked 19 goals 30 in that time (39%)

Let's just say I'd have more confidence in Dunks than Bont, going by those stats.

Let's just say I'd have more confidence in Dunks than Bont, going by those stats.
Reckon Dunks has had a few complete misses though, still an average convertor at best.

Without recording complete misses, judging accuracy purely on goals and behinds can paint a very misleading picture.

Best example this year is Josh Bruce, who looks like a deadeye dick on his 9.3 record.

Bonts set shots scare me just as much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back