Preview Changes v *, Sunday 1:10pm (* home game, replacement game for NMFC members)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like Dawson to just go h2h with Jones for the day.
Pink up forward for a full game just to see what we look like with 2 talls and having Zurhaar and Duursma get the D3 and D4 defender instead of D2 and D3

Hopefully they don’t start Pink as sub and then take Dawson out. Don’t see the point but it seems like something we may do

Focusing on Bergman being back.

I know the named positions don’t mean anything but Christ, that half forward line…
The Iceman cometh/returneth. Probably, the player with the greatest winning record that we have right now. He played in all our wins last season. He’ll chase until he drops.

For the first time, we actually have the players we want to see in action.

If they brought in both pink + dawson then that means pink will play forward and dawson to go back plus some ruck.

So corr comben dawson in defense, larkey pink in attack.

Brought in taylor as well, should be good.
Key backs are never the back up ruckman in todays game.
It is always a tall forward who does the back up ruck.
Clearly one of Pink, Comben or Dawson will play forward & second ruck…
Is there a chance Dawson starts forward on debut to see if he can clunk a few or maybe even Charlie goes forward!?
It will probably be Pink though 😴

Is there a chance Dawson starts forward on debut to see if he can clunk a few or maybe even Charlie goes forward!?
I don't mind Larkey rolling through as the second ruck for 15-20% of the game, provides something a bit different and helps him get his hands on the footy when he's being starved of looks up forward.

No, absolutely not.

All the highlight pre-afl and vfl are him in the backline. Putting him forward would just be a comben story again with massive injuries early stunting his entry to afl if not stopping altogether. Severe injuries are huge mental injuries too.

Pink will play forward as he did okay for a half and it doesn't hurt to put pieces around, you never know when you strike something solid.

Comben should never play fwd again as he is starting to establish down back and he is our best replacement for mackay, a superior replacement too with fast pace and counterattacking skills.

Pink played as a forward as a youngster at Glenelg and at Sydney. He understands the role and has physical attributes similar to Brody Mihocek, who funnily enough was recruited out of the VFL as a key defender.

Always wrapt to see someone play there first game. Also happy to have Ford back in. W8th this current team I can't help but feel like it's going to look as though we are a few players down but this is the situation we find ourselves in.

A few on here seem to have the smallest bit of optimism still and I really admire that. This is going to be a tougher than usual watch (if thats possible) against * particularly with Goldstein and Mckay's smiles at the end of the game.
Dare I admit that I am enjoying * rise? To the point that they might be my no. 2 team in 2024.

I'd love to see Goldy, McKay and Brad get some success

Dawson, Corr, comben are some long term structure coming together in defence. Get Logue back there and we are looking much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson, Corr, comben are some long term structure coming together in defence. Get Logue back there and we are looking much better
Television Drama GIF by SuccessionHBO

Shame to have McKercher out. But good to have Wardlaw Sheezel Duursma Shootgun in the team. Exciting to watch. + also having Eddy Ford in to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back