Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we all will say the same. Boak and Monfries definite INs. Have to have our team to be any chance against these COLA campaignerS

I hate to say but Jonas will get a week for his 'snipe'
Really? I seriously hope not, didn't even notice it at the ground. What I do want to go back and watch in Riewoldt sniping Impey after he kicked it. If the situation was reversed, we would need to redevelop Adelaide Oval again due to the river of tears flowing into the Torrens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newton played well when he came on. Its definitely gonna be a headache for Hinkley if we got fit players coming back. But its the best headache to have. Either way I trust in the selectors as Ken and co nailed it this week.

In Boak, White, Monfries
Out: Young, Polec (both injured?), S. Gray

Everyone who goes out this week will be a bit unlucky but that's the season we're in.

I very much doubt they'll drop Mitchell before Newton at this stage.

I'd imagine it will be:

In: Boak, White, Monfries
Out: Newton, Young, Gray

We could always drop Mitchell for Butcher but I don't imagine that will be happening this week if it didn't happen last week.

Why the **** would we drop someone who had 12 disposals in a little over a quarter...

Out: Gray, Young, Mitchell

In: Monfries, Boak, White

Because the player he replaced will surely return next week and the reason why he managed 12 disposals was because his team mates made sure he was involved in the play even when they had other and better options available. Dropping Mitchell who is in great form just doesn't make sense. As much as everyone on here wants to see Newton at AFL level, it can't come at the expense of better performing players.

Watching Gus walk across the ground limping may suggest he isn't quite ready yet.

If we're going to use Trengove as a second ruck and pinch hit forward I can see Clurey coming in with Sydney's tall forward line strength.

If Monfries doesn't come up then one of Young/Newton gets to stay in the side I think. Otherwise its some pretty easy changes as Mitchell definitely deserves his spot over those two.

Hopefully Polec is OK, and we don't lose anyone to suspension.

I definitely think we are a big underdog against Sydney in Sydney, but I'm very excited about next week already!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back