Preview Changes vs. Adelaide (Round 10, 2021) - Jackson, Melksham IN, Brown, Chandler OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd drop Brown tbh. Weid looked like he did more. Neither looked overly dangerous. Weid actually looked good the few times he dropped back. Anyway, rumour is that Viney is fit and raring to go. The club will most likely take a cautious approach, but don't hold back the bull.

Viney in for Chandler
Jackson in for Brown

These would be my changes. But I reckon we will want another look at Brown and Weid together. So I think we hold back Jackson and Viney for another week. Chandler was terrible, but might survive another week. Not sold on Melksham, so I'd be prepared to try Bedford before bringing back Melksham. So I'm guessing no change..

I really noticed Brown just got muscled out in the contested marking, to the point he wasn't in half of them by the time the ball got there. Weid didn't clunk enough, but he was in the middle of them all.

100% browns the weakest in a pack I've seen for a bloke that size. Weid wasn't great but he hit every contest hard.
Brown has to go out for Jacko

Viney said hes aiming for the QB game can't see him playing before that.
Goodwin said on 360 he has a few boxes to tick, he doesn’t get up for the Crows he’ll definitely play against the Dogs

Tmac and Weid do seem the better tall combination. Tmacs aerobic running and Weids unrelenting pack smashing, and with Fristch our best lead up player, leaves Brown out of our best combination. With Tmac no longer requiring replacing it looks like it'll be back to the VFL for Brown to bide his time.

If it's fine then we should be really stretching the Crows backline. Only bloke above 190cm is Butts who's played a handful of matches. I assume that they'd be looking at McAsey and/or Worrell to come into the team. Either way pretty inexperienced.

Don't think Chandler will keep his spot, reckon they might bring Sparrow in for this one.

I hope Adelaide load up on tall defenders so our small forwards can have a goal feast.
We normally play well at AO so I'm looking for 10-0 to become a reality.
I think no change until Viney/Jackson are ready to come back in.

No changes. No point Chandler being sub 3 times without playing and then drop him after one game. Yes he did nothing but every small forward with less than 10 games under their belt is prone to doing that.
Didn’t find anything out about him on Sunday other than he had a bad day.

Is big Tex going to be up for this game?
Hope so, so he can remind Jake Lever of all the success he’s missing out on from leaving Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No changes. No point Chandler being sub 3 times without playing and then drop him after one game. Yes he did nothing but every small forward with less than 10 games under their belt is prone to doing that.
Didn’t find anything out about him on Sunday other than he had a bad day.

If Melksham is the alternative, then absolutely Chandler gets another go

I hope Adelaide load up on tall defenders so our small forwards can have a goal feast.
We normally play well at AO so I'm looking for 10-0 to become a reality.
I think no change until Viney/Jackson are ready to come back in.

We won't; we insist on only playing one KPD and seemingly don't bother looking at the opposition's forward line.

There should be plenty of goals to go around though, so your smalls need not miss out on the fun.

We won't; we insist on only playing one KPD and seemingly don't bother looking at the opposition's forward line.

There should be plenty of goals to go around though, so your smalls need not miss out on the fun.

Word is Jackson will be back this week so I expect we'll probably drop Brown. Will Tex come into the side?

Will Tex come into the side?

Yep, he will come in, either for Frampton or for a midfielder (Fogarty to go back into the mids).

I think it's fair to say that the the Weideman, McDonald and Jackson trio is our best functioning talls potentially going forward.

All 3 show great mobility for their size and Brown just seems the odd one out for me.

I trust Weideman in the air more then I do with Brown. Not only that he provides good tackling pressure for a big fella whereas Brown was pretty non existent in this area of his game.

I still think Brown can provide great impact for this club this year, but right now he needs to just go back to VFL level and get his touch back and bang the absolute down like Weideman did.

Last edited:
Nobody is happier than me to see more people boarding the 'we didn't really need Ben Brown' train. Weid, Tmac, Jackson definitely looking like a better set up for the rest of the season.

But also, do we really need to rush back Luke Jackson in a handguard after 1 week off with a broken finger? If there's ever been a week I'm ok with Brown in the side it's this one.

Nobody is happier than me to see more people boarding the 'we didn't really need Ben Brown' train. Weid, Tmac, Jackson definitely looking like a better set up for the rest of the season.

But also, do we really need to rush back Luke Jackson in a handguard after 1 week off with a broken finger? If there's ever been a week I'm ok with Brown in the side it's this one.

Don’t think we will rush him either I reckon they’ll want another look at the 3 tall setup.

No way in the World does Weids play before Brown if Jackson is fit

I really wanted him to kick a few last week but didn't look great

Weideman won't be at the Club next season due to the fact clubs will offer him better coin and we won't afford

Weideman won't be at the Club next season due to the fact clubs will offer him better coin and we won't afford
Weid looked better than Brown against Carlton. Neither kicked any goals but Weid looked more likely and was more of a presence forward. Be interesting to see what happens though because I agree there is a spot in the team for Jackson and Brown/ Weid are competing for the 3rd spot. Which is a KPF spot not a ruck forward spot which is what Weid played with Jackson out. Then again, Weid was already out performing Brown as a KPF at Casey so has a good claim

Are you saying we shouldn't play weid because he potentially won't be at the club next year?

Are you saying we shouldn't play weid because he potentially won't be at the club next year?

No i am saying he won't play in front of Brown due to the fact how much Brown is on

Weid will demand some serious coin in 2022 and unfortunately we won't have the funds. Also add the lack of game time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back