Prediction Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was the most recent team to beat Brisbane? Carlton.
How did Carlton beat Brisbane? Completely tagged Neale out of the game in the second half, barely got a touch. Ed Curnow killed Neale and killed any midfield dominance they had.

Too many teams have let him run free.

I reckon Neale would be pretty easy to tag given his size honestly. Sam Gray has huge issues with being knocked off the ball and Neale isn't much bigger IIRC.

I'm pretty happy for Sutcliffe honestly, being drafted mid year and getting a game is a fantastic effort. His goal from near the boundary in the pocket maybe a month and a bit ago when the magpies were a goal and a bit down was pure class as well so I reckon he might surprise some with his skill.

Onya Sam Cutliffe

I reckon Neale would be pretty easy to tag given his size honestly. Sam Gray has huge issues with being knocked off the ball and Neale isn't much bigger IIRC.

I'm pretty happy for Sutcliffe honestly, being drafted mid year and getting a game is a fantastic effort. His goal from near the boundary in the pocket maybe a month and a bit ago when the magpies were a goal and a bit down was pure class as well so I reckon he might surprise some with his skill.

Onya Sam Cutliffe
Yeah this ok we can agree he wouldn’t be my first choice either but obviously worked his ass off to even be in the frame

I’m very worried if we do play sutcliffe... That’s almost like selecting AJ to tag laird & McGovern. Cannot you find someone that’s already in the team to tag neale? If someone has to go out for sutcliffe, will that break the balance of the team?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sutcliffe >>>>>>> Johnson

If he's got a specific role we are bringing him in for, fair enough. If Houston is out then he's no doubt going to tag Neale and that's a valuable role. He's got many reasons to make this work - we've been training him as a tagger/run with and he's got to take his chance if he wants to revive his AFL career.

Ball is now in Sutcliffes court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose we had to play him at some point to justify drafting him. Let’s hope he goes alright. I’m personally not a fan of this decision.

I think we've got to give the coaching staff some credit. They've tried Doogs up forward, given Marshall a shot, gave time to Leinart and Frampton, gave Garner some time and played 3 debutants all year. They have been pretty good at giving a chance to our list. They dropped Ryder and SPP eoth the latter on my making it in the side due to injury.
I am looking forward to testing or depth. Fingers crossed we find a tagger because if we find a bona fide one, who knows how well go against other teams that havea dominant player. We may have learned something from the Bontempelli experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back