Preview Changes Vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Drove past a group of the boys in the CBD today. Khamis was amongst them for what that is worth. 90% sure I saw McLean with Williams too. So they have travelled here, might mean they get a run. I am not sure how many we normally take over here when we travel though.
25 were travelling (the 22 plusMcLean, McNeil and Khamis) but given the injury to Bruce they might fly an extra over. Maybe Gardner.

Not a bad first five games from English. Really coming of age now.

View attachment 1664226
Also rates elite for tackles, pressure acts and goals at nearly a goal a game.

Still rates below avg for hitout win % but actually rates elite for HOTA, with nearly 40% of his hitouts to advantage which is very very good. I think those stats compliment the eye test whereas he can still improve with his win rate, he’s been wayyyy more effective with the ones he has won, would be avging 10-15 HOTA per game.

Putting together a monster season, big boys arrived - I have no concerns going into a game right now wondering if he’ll show up. Scary thing is I think he’s just scratching the surface of his potential to be honest, he will start demolishing lesser rucks in the contest soon.

I hope we get at least a couple of seasons of English & Darcy’s prime overlapping because it will be a joy to watch

Amiss & Jackson the Freo key fwds? Surely this is the right time to play Gardy/Jones combo and see where Ryan is at (if Keath still unavailable).

Would hate for Bevo to wait until Carlton and bring Gardy back. He’s a confidence player, don’t go first-up on to Curnow ffs.

Next 2/3 weeks seems right and then go from there.

Khamis to also come in I’m guessing?

It’s a shame McLean can’t recapture some of that final form. He was everywhere in that first half. He would be a handy small forward if he was in form, can kick a goal and has forward craft

No.point flying In anyone.let Keath ready for Hawks
In Baku ,McNeil

Out Bruce and one of Bevs specials, probably Hannan.

Avoiding Tim O'Brien being the second tall and having to play on Amiss or Jackson / Darcy as well as the risk that if Jones gets injured he becomes the only tall defender is the point for Keath or Gardner coming in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer, the VFL side doesn't play this week, so seems like a good opportunity for him to visit family. Maybe they want him to spend some time with the squad on an interstate trip too, might be an indication they are expecting him to debut sooner rather than later.
Pretty sure VFL plays this week as we didint play last week.

Also rates elite for tackles, pressure acts and goals at nearly a goal a game.

Still rates below avg for hitout win % but actually rates elite for HOTA, with nearly 40% of his hitouts to advantage which is very very good. I think those stats compliment the eye test whereas he can still improve with his win rate, he’s been wayyyy more effective with the ones he has won, would be avging 10-15 HOTA per game.

Putting together a monster season, big boys arrived - I have no concerns going into a game right now wondering if he’ll show up. Scary thing is I think he’s just scratching the surface of his potential to be honest, he will start demolishing lesser rucks in the contest soon.

I hope we get at least a couple of seasons of English & Darcy’s prime overlapping because it will be a joy to watch
More importantly he doesn't seem to get smashed in the hitout department ever any more. Competitive in the ruck, elite around the ground. It's a big tick from me.

He’s actually not a bad size for Amiss.
Yeah it’s not the worst week to give him a taste tbh, probably no need though if Keath is back, if not the Jones/Gardner combo doesn’t overly excite me. Blooding Buss early days alongside Jones/Keath as a third tall is tasty compared to wasting games on TOB.

Just have to win this week. Not sure anyone can go with Bont and our backs should beat their forwards. No excuses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back