Changes vs Gold Coast (R5) - Jetta in for Kent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestia is a champion, but Jones is better than him. We don't want to send Jones into the back line again this week, because that's where Prestia will take him if Bluey watched Saturday.

I think bluey would be delighted sacrificing some of Prestias time in the middle if it ment that jones spent a portion of the game in the backline

It's not like Carlton's one man midfield

The equivalent would be if Richmond sent cotchin to Tyson who then played forward , we would be rapped if cotchin followed him

I think bluey would be delighted sacrificing some of Prestias time in the middle if it ment that jones spent a portion of the game in the backline

It's not like Carlton's one man midfield

The equivalent would be if Richmond sent cotchin to Tyson who then played forward , we would be rapped if cotchin followed him
Jones played 'head to head' with Murphy and did it well. Apparently he's going to do it every week now. It was a lesson for Jones, we want him to become the type of player that teams need to tag.

Jones played 'head to head' with Murphy and did it well. Apparently he's going to do it every week now. It was a lesson for Jones, we want him to become the type of player that teams need to tag.

The move only works on a midfield that we can break even with or beat , because then your taking out the oppos man weapon and backin the rest of your midfield to do the job

If we take jones out of the play swallow omeara and ablett will still chop us up

Unconfirmed reports filtering through on Facebook that Kent left the training track early with what looked like a calf issue. Was there anyone there who saw what happened?

As a SUNS supporter I have Jaeger ahead of Dion in general and Swallow ahead of both of them this year.
See I don't understand that unless you consider potential which isn't a factor this weekend. Prestia was better last year and Jaeger as judge by the suns and Jaeger hasn't yet gone past him this year. I respect your opinion though as a suns fan

See I don't understand that unless you consider potential which isn't a factor this weekend. Prestia was better last year and Jaeger as judge by the suns and Jaeger hasn't yet gone past him this year. I respect your opinion though as a suns fan

Dion had signs last year with amazing games, but also goes missing for games or even patches.

Jaeger last year, for pretty much 22 games give a solid 4 quarter effort. He may not have had any 35 disposal games, but it's what he does without the ball and his disposal efficiency with it CONSISTENTLY. Was our leading tackler last year (in a debut year) kicked twice as many goals and went in hard and got his own ball a lot more than Dion.

This year same again. The only area Dion is leading in so far is possessions. Jaeger is killing him in contested possessions, averaging more than 7 tackles a game and has popped up to score a goal in every game. Sometimes getting 30+ easy disposals can give off the interpretation of being the best player, but I can assure you now that Jaeger for the past season and a quarter has had much more influence consistently. Unlike Dion he rarely butchers a ball

And we have not even began to talk about potential . . . Hahaha. We are very very lucky to have him.

Unconfirmed reports filtering through on Facebook that Kent left the training track early with what looked like a calf issue. Was there anyone there who saw what happened?
What about Watts? Someone tell me something about him going off the track with the trainers the other day.

Damn it people.

What about Watts? Someone tell me something about him going off the track with the trainers the other day.

Damn it people.
Read, it's a corkie as posted by someone on Wednesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final team is out, Jetta for Kent.

B: Alex Georgiou, Tom McDonald, Lynden Dunn

HB: Dean Terlich, James Frawley, Jack Grimes

C: Jack Viney, Dom Tyson, Bernie Vince

HF: Jack Watts, Cam Pedersen, Jordie McKenzie

F: Jeremy Howe, Chris Dawes, Rohan Bail

FOLL: Jake Spencer, Nathan Jones, Daniel Cross

I/C: Jay Kennedy-Harris, Matt Jones, Neville Jetta, Michael Evans

EMG: Shannon Byrnes, Jack Fitzpatrick, Jimmy Toumpas

IN: Neville Jetta

OUT: Dean Kent (calf)

Neville bloody Jetta.

Will be watching with interest, considering you lot are so convinced he'll pull it together.

Anybody else think he's not worth trying again?

Neville bloody Jetta.

Will be watching with interest, considering you lot are so convinced he'll pull it together.

Im on the Jetta bandwagon, Just out of interest where do we think he is playing? He came in for Kent so is he going to play as a defensive forward??

I hope he puts it together because I love his carry

Neville bloody Jetta.

If we were a side in finals contention I'd say he's not. Since we aren't I don't think it could hurt, especially given his form and effort merits it. Roos is all about the clean slates and Jetta is yet to scar his one.

Im on the Jetta bandwagon, Just out of interest where do we think he is playing? He came in for Kent so is he going to play as a defensive forward??

I hope he puts it together because I love his carry
I think he'll be pushed into the backline myself, with Dunn coming into that defensive forward role against the resting mid (usually Swallow).

Originally, I was a big Jamie Bennell fan and didn't think Jetta had much potential, but gradually my view swayed. Jetta's defensive game is really good. I think he will make it as an AFL standard player under Roos. Always thought he has the best attitude to tackling in our team. Doesn't hesitate, looks at the hips and just goes for it. Pretty confident he'll thrive under Roos. Just lacks confidence, and has had his fair share of injuries, no excuses now though, he must step up. Quite interested to see where he'll play as well.

I think he'll be pushed into the backline myself, with Dunn coming into that defensive forward role against the resting mid (usually Swallow).

So does that mean Howe goes forward again? Just with kent swapping with Jetta and Dunn playing forward last week we are one short at hff

I agree with the above jets has great defensive pressure and Roos is all about the role players , if jets can cause turnovers and play within a structure he will make it in a Paul Roos team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back