Preview Changes vs the Giants (Rnd 3) - Unchanged

There is a lot of talk he has gone backwards as a player, not worth the money he is on. I think a tough inside player like Brayshaw could help gws.
Aren't Hopper and Tom Green good young inside players? Taranto can run through there too? Toby Green could go on ball more often.
Kelly seems down, but I think you've got better options than Gus for your inside problem (though I'm not heaps familiar with GWS'S mid setup).

I would carry him on my back like a baby monkey to bloody wherever you guys are based.

I'm glad Brayshaw isn't aboriginal. 😂 This post could have been very awkward.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
No way I want Melksham back in this side right now. One of the major obvious things we needed last year was a couple of smaller forwards contributing much more than he was. First 2 rounds that's exactly what we've got with Spargo/Pickett/ANB all making good contributions.

The good thing about our first two wins are our bottom end players playing well which is exactly what you need. ANB looks a completely different player now he's not fumbling or missing tackles. Jones has been solid. Spargo is playing a role and is a nice user of the ball. Sparrow and Jordon stay in while they're playing like they have been.

No way we should rush others back just on past reputations.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
No way I want Melksham back in this side right now. One of the major obvious things we needed last year was a couple of smaller forwards contributing much more than he was. First 2 rounds that's exactly what we've got with Spargo/Pickett/ANB all making good contributions.

The good thing about our first two wins are our bottom end players playing well which is exactly what you need. ANB looks a completely different player now he's not fumbling or missing tackles. Jones has been solid. Spargo is playing a role and is a nice user of the ball. Sparrow and Jordon stay in while they're playing like they have been.

No way we should rush others back just on past reputations.

I'd go the complete opposite way. Melksham might come back into form now with this attacking kicking game. Not many better kicks inside 50 in the AFL than Melk. Imagine him with Ben Brown to kick to

Worth remembering the Giants have an awesome record in Canberra too. Since the start of 2015 (when they stopped being the baby Giants) they have won 12/15 here.

adonski

All Australian
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I would carry him on my back like a baby monkey to bloody wherever you guys are based.
Kelly is a bit of a myth that gets by on reputation, very much an icing on top type player. Great talent and would love to sit him on the wing, but not the player you could build a midfield around as he was once hyped up to be.

Kelly is a bit of a myth that gets by on reputation, very much an icing on top type player. Great talent and would love to sit him on the wing, but not the player you could build a midfield around as he was once hyped up to be.

Exactly the player we could use tbh.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I don't really understand this post at all. But I'd take Kelly in a ******* heartbeat.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kelly would be a better option than Brayshaw on the wing that's for sure.

and for me it comes down to one of either Jones or Melksham in the team. i'm not dropping anyone else for Melksham, but Melk might have to wait until Jones hits the 300.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd go the complete opposite way. Melksham might come back into form now with this attacking kicking game. Not many better kicks inside 50 in the AFL than Melk. Imagine him with Ben Brown to kick to

I get where you're coming from but my counter argument would be that he also might NOT come back into form.
If at some point he's in outrageously good form in the magoos and Spargo and ANB revert to 2020 form then let's go with your idea.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I get where you're coming from but my counter argument would be that he also might NOT come back into form.
If at some point he's in outrageously good form in the magoos and Spargo and ANB revert to 2020 form then let's go with your idea.
I'd piss off Sparrow first.
Spargo and AnB have been good. Sparrow was ok against the saints but isn't really playing a position

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd piss off Sparrow first.
Spargo and AnB have been good. Sparrow was ok against the saints but isn't really playing a position

Yeah maybe. I'm still dark on Melksham for being very bad up forward all last season and a total embarrassment when Goodwin got desperate and put him in the midfield. Needs to be made to earn his way back from that IMO.

Doesn't feel like we're carrying Jones to 300 at the moment. He can stay till form warrants otherwise.
Loved seeing him fend off Butler's tackle like he was nothing.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
In - Hibberd & Melksham
Out - Jordan & Jetta

I would give Jackson until either or both of B Brown and Weideman are available. Hasn't offered much and his contesting in the air hasn't been up to standard.

Also add he hasn't kicked a goal which is something we need from a key forward.

2021 Stats per game:

10 Disposals
4 Marks
0 Goals 1 Behind
7 Hitouts
1 Tackle

There is a lot of talk he has gone backwards as a player, not worth the money he is on. I think a tough inside player like Brayshaw could help gws.
I don't think he's gone backwards as a player. In the first couple games, your midfield has been terrible, Kelly strives on being the last in the link up play, hitting targets inside 50. He hasn't been able to do that as you're playing like hot garbage.

Also, a tough inside mid is the last thing you need. Coniglio, Hopper, Taranto, Ward, Green are all very similar players to each other and Brayshaw is the exact same but worse.

Kelly is the only point of difference in your midfield, he's an inside/outside superstar. Can't really think of any other player who can win the contested ball, win the uncontested ball, be an elite kick, be an elite runner, be very explosive and fast out the contest, kick goals, win games and look so sexy while doing it.

In - Hibberd & Melksham
Out - Jordan & Jetta

I would give Jackson until either or both of B Brown and Weideman are available. Hasn't offered much and his contesting in the air hasn't been up to standard.

Also add he hasn't kicked a goal which is something we need from a key forward.

2021 Stats per game:

10 Disposals
4 Marks
0 Goals 1 Behind
7 Hitouts
1 Tackle
Why tf would Jackson even be in selection consideration right now. His ability to go into the ruck is invaluable atm with reduced interchange, allows Gawn to rest forward and have a real impact. Also he missed a couple sitters against Freo, think he gave one off too. I think you'll find that when BBB and weed are back, that Tmac goes onto a wing, Fritsch pushes higher up the ground. Jacko, BBB and Weed up forward. We can afford to play these talls as Jacko and Weed are both very good below their knees for their height and our small forwards are currently playing really well, more than capable of filling a potential void of pressure once the talls come back.

Also, Jackson is the mutha *in G.O.A.T dont you dare talk s**t bout him

Back