Preview Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WCE only playing 1 ruck and the large ground probably the reasons for no Preuss

Although I'd rather watch him kick flukey 1st quarter goals then go missing for the rest of the game

We really gonna ******* run with OMac Frost and Petty down back? Surely OMacs a late out for Preuss seeing as we took Preuss over with us
They have Kennedy, Darling and Allen

W're gonna need our leaders in Gawn, Jones and Viney to step-up big time.

With the changes we've made/been forced to make we've lost 608 games of experience, and the combined amount of games from those coming in is 73.

Unless Baker gets injured I'd like him to play at least 3 games in the 1s, won't happen though. Also no idea why Preuss isn't playing but whatever, selections have never been a strong point under this match committee.

They have Kennedy, Darling and Allen
They also have Rioli, Ryan and Cripps 3 tall defenders is stupid with Hore down there as well. What we gonna run Salem and Fritsch on 2 of those smalls

I am not sure the changes were ever going to make much difference to the result. Glad we get to see Baker have a run around and Keilty is back to the VFL. Outside of that it will be business as usual when the Eagles thump us tomorrow night

I didn't see Weid named for Casey, so expecting a season ending injury to be announced soon
‘Sam has pulled up a bit sore in the foot after training this week, the plan is to de-load him completely over the next week. So he will be off legs until next weekend then resume normal training the week after’

Expect him to miss 8-10.

WCE aren't a high scoring team, the move the ball slowly out of the backline which is to our advantage. The question will be can we kick a winning score, will WCE play quicker to try and catch our depleted backline and expose our defenders.
Do they? They looked pretty rapid against us in the PF last year. They’ve bought in Rioli so I expect to see OMac, Frost and Petty doing a lot of not much as he weaves around them like a sidewinder.

No Melksham means no chance. When he found form last season he basically kick started ours. No one else from the midfield and forward can kick the ball.
Yeah this is unfortunately correct. Melksham an elite ball user and Salem and Fritsch not far off but after that we can’t kick to save ourselves. ANB isn’t bad.

West Coast will win this by 8-10 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tears from West Coast flogs over here about the state of the surface are beautiful. This will play like a wet weather game. Should reduce the impact of Kennedy, Darling and McGovern and suit our contested game. Attack it like Port did and our chaos style might just work this week. Strange feeling we’ll cause a huge upset .
Yeah nah, I have a familiar feeling we’re going to get flogged

Nah, it would be more like that time he accidentally "spoiled" the ball with the back of his head, I think it was against Hawthorn in the final
Geelong. Highlight of the year as far as I’m concerned. Some call OMac the glove, I think I will call him The Scone.

Not a fan of this Trac dissing tbh

I'd hate to play in our forward line with the delivery and disjointed ball movement we have and when we're at our best Trac is there winning 1v1s and setting other players up

I agree he's got his flaws, especially mentally which is resulting in some bizarre set shot routines, but with Melksham out he's probably one of our last remaining players that can set play up with creative/skilful play

2 years ago he couldn't miss from a set shot, we need to stick with him, he's still pretty young and just needs to mature, I don't think dropping him with our injury woes is going to help as much as playing him in 1 position, backing him in and letting him remember how to play on instinct

There's also been 150 years of players finding form in the reserves, only been the last couple years that coaches just sit on their hands and wait for players to find form when they are young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back