Preview Changes vs Western Bulldogs - GRAND FINAL - Saturday, 25 September, 7:15pm AEST - NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had plenty of chances to keep a spot though. Hasn't played well for awhile now. One of Goody's favourites though, so he got given chances, even this season. Like Weid, didn't make the most of them. Sparrow and Bowey took their chances at the right time. And both have not looked out of place in a hot final tbh.

My post was less about Melky’s form this year and more about the disappointment a 12 year, 198 game veteran must feel ultimately missing out on a spot in a Grand Final side. We feel for Jonesy but Melkshan’s story is tinged with sadness, too. Personally I feel for the bloke. Timing is everything in life, as is a little luck along the way.

My post was less about Melky’s form this year and more about the disappointment a 12 year, 198 game veteran must feel ultimately missing out on a spot in a Grand Final side. We feel for Jonesy but Melkshan’s story is tinged with sadness, too. Personally I feel for the bloke. Timing is everything in life, as is a little luck along the way.

I agree 100%. He has more than exceeded expectations from when we got him, and I feel for him.

I also really, really for Jett. Heart and soul player. rose above adversity, and peaked a couple of years too soon for this. Can only hope he is having a really positive impact in the hub on those close to him, Kozzy and I'm sure some of the boys in the backline

I agree 100%. He has more than exceeded expectations from when we got him, and I feel for him.

I also really, really for Jett. Heart and soul player. rose above adversity, and peaked a couple of years too soon for this. Can only hope he is having a really positive impact in the hub on those close to him, Kozzy and I'm sure some of the boys in the backline

Unfortunately only 22 (or 23 now) players can represent the club in a Grand Final - but it takes an entire club to get them there. Jones, Melksham, Jetta, Hunt (if he doesnt play) - many others, they are like essential building blocks which must be put in place to give the club the opportunity at a premiership. For those who don't get the chance at playing in a GF, whilst they would naturally be disappointed - it doesnt diminish their importance.

I think about Bob Murphy missing he Bulldogs 2016 premiership (missed the whole season almost). But the pivotal point for me was 2015, the year before (2014) the Bulldogs were languishing at the bottom of the ladder. They appointed Beveridge as coach and Murphy as captain - and almost immediately their performances and improved out of sight. Building great teams take a lot of time and effort by many people, seen and unseen.

I work hard and make * all money and women stopped falling over to have sex with me years ago.

Ergo I find it a little difficult to feel too bad for professional athletes who end their careers at 30 set up for life.

Yeah you feel for the players who have been there for a long time. Jones the obvious one, and Jetta as well. Unfortunately Jetta is 100% cooked at AFL level and I don't think we could win the game with him in the side, still a huge contribution to the club in getting to this point.

Melk has been a great pickup for us, but has been given multiple chances to cement his spot and hasn't taken them.

Probably wont be much consolation for those guys but if we win, they all played a huge part in getting us there, and they should feel part of it.

If Joel Smith is fit, he might be a tactical in. Or a tactical sub even.

Schache clearly going to try do to Lever what he did to Aliir Aliir and I think that is why Smith was originally brought in.

AFL players aren't set up for life financially, FWIW. This isn't the NFL
Yeah I dunno about that.

A 10 year career at an average of $350,000 a year, if you're not a complete numpty you shouldn't have to work too hard unless you really really want to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to get a gauge on demand I jumped on to the general public ticket sale at 10am on the dot. Only 118,000 people in front of me in the queue!

Edit: That's for the remaining 10,000 tickets available.

Just to get a gauge on demand I jumped on to the general public ticket sale at 10am on the dot. Only 118,000 people in front of me in the queue!

Edit: That's for the remaining 10,000 tickets available.

Gone in 10 minutes.

Going to go out on a limb and reckon Brown kicks 3+ this week. Blicavs is as good a matchup for him as anyone in the league and I thought Brown was very good against him. Don't think the Dogs have a player of that size, and as good as Keath has been neither of our guys are the type to sit there and wrestle all day which I reckon is what Keath wants.

Going to go out on a limb and reckon Brown kicks 3+ this week. Blicavs is as good a matchup for him as anyone in the league and I thought Brown was very good against him. Don't think the Dogs have a player of that size, and as good as Keath has been neither of our guys are the type to sit there and wrestle all day which I reckon is what Keath wants.

Brown to hopefully run him all over the park and test that hammy as well.

Not feeling the grand final vibes yet, trying to consume as much miscellaneous Melbourne media as I can, but not feeling it, this week off between is a bit a dampener tbh.
Yeah no one seems to know what to do with this week tbh. It might've worked if all the awards and the HoF were on this week. Make it a celebration of the whole season. As it stands it's just a complete nothing period.

Yeah I dunno about that.

A 10 year career at an average of $350,000 a year, if you're not a complete numpty you shouldn't have to work too hard unless you really really want to.

You're forgetting all the players who follow the principles of communism, refusing to own land for profit and becoming class traitors.

I actually could not think of a better ending to a GF against the Dogs than a BBB flop 10 metres out right in front of goal for a contentious free kick and the sealer.

BBB waltzing in, twirling the footy around in his hands in that eliptical fashion, the whole of Perth BOOOOOO-ing in outrage, then he just nurses it through with that big grin on his face, his mop of red curls glistening in the dying light.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back