Preview Changes vs Western Bulldogs - GRAND FINAL - Saturday, 25 September, 7:15pm AEST - NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

* should. Our list is stacked and with success comes pay rise expectations. I can see a similar issue that richmond faced where "fringe" players start leaving because they want to play each week. Sure this has happened in some form already, but if we lose a few key players and face some injuries it could hurt big time.
Most of our core gun players are already sewn up. I think we will have a good 3-4 year period before we start to feel the pinch. To be honest who are the players that Richmond have lost since 2017, no player that I would say is that good.

* should. Our list is stacked and with success comes pay rise expectations. I can see a similar issue that richmond faced where "fringe" players start leaving because they want to play each week. Sure this has happened in some form already, but if we lose a few key players and face some injuries it could hurt big time.
Richmond's list batted deeper than ours currently does. Especially given 3 of the guys in the 22-26 chosen players aren't far away from retirement.

Richmond's list batted deeper than ours currently does. Especially given 3 of the guys in the 22-26 chosen players aren't far away from retirement.
I mean I think ours isn’t too bad. We only have 5 guys over 30 and of those 3 are likely on the guaranteed gone list. It’s more that we don’t have a lot of depth at KPF and that a lot of our guys play similar roles.

If there's one thing Port can take out of the weekend, I'd be looking at Melbourne's prelim disaster in 2018 and telling themselves they weren't quite up to top 2 level this year but there's no reason why they shouldn't come back next year similar to we've played this year. There's no particular reason why they should have the same regression we had in 2019 and 2020.
They’d be a bit older than us I reckon

When you believe in your team I think there is a lot less to be nervous about.

It will take a bloody good performance to beat us and if that's the case then so be it. Proud of what the team has done this year regardless of the result in two weeks time.

Do I still want us to win tho? ******* oath.

It will take a bloody good performance to beat us and if that's the case then so be it. Proud of what the team has done this year regardless of the result in two weeks time.

This is where i'm at.

The bastards finally won me over against the Cats in R23 and they've risen to each challenge - time to believe

Not feeling nervous this week, still riding the high from Friday night, read through most of the pages on Geelongs autopsy thread which fun too. Will be shitting myself by early to mid next week though, will just try and enjoy the fact that we're actually playing in a grand final too.

Not feeling nervous this week, still riding the high from Friday night, read through most of the pages on Geelongs autopsy thread which fun too. Will be shitting myself by early to mid next week though, will just try and enjoy the fact that we're actually playing in a grand final too.

Last week I was calm as hell despite getting the usual "we'll * this up somehow" MFC supporter thoughts along the way, slept like a baby, wasn't until the opening bounce that the adrenaline started kicking in, I think deep down I knew wed win.

Hoping for a similar from myself in the build up to the granny but who the * knows, I could break out in a cold sweat anytime soon haha

Its nice going into a granny thinking youre a good chance to win it must say, I remember 2000 and it was a get this over and done with feeling all week, never even dared to dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post. I've had my doubts throughout the season and I was extremely nervous for the Geelong game, but now I have genuine faith even if the Dogs win we'll make them earn it, which is exactly what we wanted years and years ago.

Also I'm quite confident for this game in general which will probably dissipate but I genuinely think we have the weapons to beat the Dogs. It will be bloody tough but I've got faith they'll be good enough.

Its nice going into a granny thinking youre a good chance to win it must say, I remember 2000 and it was a get this over and done with feeling all week, never even dared to dream.
This.

Was only 15 in 2000 but knew that it was pretty much a bombers flag given their ability. That was an awful game. It was a traditional hiding.

This is a genuine 50/50. Got 05-06 vibes about it, or 09.

Alright friends,

Happy to say I put my "concentration" hat on when watching the Dogs/Port replay and took really good notes, very in-depth analysis and deconstruction of gameplans, tactics etc. And I did the same with the "Dee-molition" against Geelong. Unfortunately I'm not very good at computing, I can't do screenshots so no "Ass Lab" this time sorry, you'll just have to take my word for it:

We're going to absolutely smash the Dogs.

This may come as a shock but I double-checked then triple-checked my findings but facts don't lie. In a week or two weeks or however long it is we're going to steamroll those campaigners, straight from the opening bounce. If you thought Gawn's third quarter in the prelim was good, wait until you see his granny. Get your bets in now, the Norm Smith is going to the big guy!

"But but but... anything could happen! What about injuries, what about 'ice in veins', mental demons, Bontempelli, it's been 54 years Toump Ass!"
"But but but... go get absolutely ****ed."

I'm done waiting. I've read the script, I've seen the movie. There'll be tears of joy, triumph, good will prevail and victory is ours! The one-man house party starts NOW!!

I've been saying it all year, and I'm saying it again- Dees Flag 2021... AND WHAT A GRAND OLD FLAG IT IS!!!!!!!
LET'S GO BOYS!!!!!

This.

Was only 15 in 2000 but knew that it was pretty much a bombers flag given their ability. That was an awful game. It was a traditional hiding.

This is a genuine 50/50. Got 05-06 vibes about it, or 09.

If its a 50/50 why have you tipped the dogs by 5+ goals on the main board?

Honestly. Not really at all.
I'd like to think that it's because I'm over seas and in a country blissfully unaware of footy
I was more nervous before 18'
Don't even feel like we are in a Granny tbh
I’m the same. I think it’s the week off. Wait till we round the weekend and Brownlow night I reckon.

It’s not even close to a 50/50.

It won’t be all one way. They’ll have a couple momentum swings where they kick 2-3 in a row. But we will win this game by 6-8 goals.

We’ll have it locked away 10 mins into the last. Just too good for them.

Last edited:
It’s not even close to a 50/50.

It won’t be all one way. They’ll have a couple momentum swings where they kick 2-3 in a row. But we will win this game by 6-8 goals.

We’ll have it locked away 10 mins into the last. We’ll too good for them.
The thought of junk time, lead extending goals gives me butterflies. Would be delirium.

If its a 50/50 why have you tipped the dogs by 5+ goals on the main board?
Because I think we have a good chance of winning by 5 goals. Honestly, why the * are you all so obsessed with who I tip? I give a fairly good and strong analysis of the game / games re Melbourne. My predictions often are wrong, big deal. Don’t use it as ammo to have a crack because you get so personally ****ed off about my tip.

Because I think we have a good chance of winning by 5 goals. Honestly, why the fu** are you all so obsessed with who I tip? I give a fairly good and strong analysis of the game / games re Melbourne. My predictions often are wrong, big deal. Don’t use it as ammo to have a crack because you get so personally f’ed off about my tip.

Because it is cringe that you suck up to oppo supporters so much mate. There is a difference between pessimism and just straight rimming oppo fans week to week.

Because it is cringe that you suck up to oppo supporters so much mate. There is a difference between pessimism and just straight rimming oppo fans week to week.
I am not sucking up to them. I posted a comment on the Geelong game day board saying I genuinely thought they’d get up. I felt that this was their year. I’ve also given them a fair bit of flack post loss with their age profile and list position. I thought they had it in them to go all the way. WB can GAGF. There’s about 4 that are decent. If I wrote on their board I’d get banned. Geelong supporters I get along with. I also don’t mind Geelong. I thought they’d win and stated my reasons, thankfully I was wrong.

Of course I want Melbourne to win the GF. I was pessimistic early on us but since I’ve done some analysis etc I feel we are a better chance. If we play our best, we win. That’s how I feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back