Preview Changes vs Western Bulldogs - GRAND FINAL - Saturday, 25 September, 7:15pm AEST - NO CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

Was never a huge fan of Treloar but seeing how much he triggers people has swayed me. Big fan now. The whole "get into him mentally!" stuff is cringe as.

Stock standard knees in the back, dangerous tackles, late misjudged spoils, jumper punches etc. will suffice IMO.

I’d be shocked if the Dogs try to be overly physical. They just aren’t equipped compared to Melbourne.

This is the first time since the 80s that Melbourne have such a number of players with campaigner in them where a game of roughing up would be in Melbourne’s favour.

May, Viney, Hibberd, Pickett - none of those guys would think twice about taking someone out if it came down to it.

Cordy is a bit fighty, and Daniel likes to whack people in the head when they aren’t looking. I can’t see who brings the heat and has the physical ability to back it up. Hunter, Liberatore? Maybe they have the attitude for it, but they are hardly physically imposing.

Treloar is an obvious target for physical attention, Smith is another who could be easily distracted.

I could see Oliver getting sucked into physical altercations and being distracted, Harmes and maybe Petracca too.

If the game descends into this style, on balance is still think that’s in Melbourne’s favour.

Disagree on Clarry, he gets targeted every week for physical attention (usually out of frustration because he's unstoppable) and just milks it for free kicks. Opps hate him for it, but its the right way to deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminder that this is a sporting forum not a gambling forum.
Gamble responsibly.

Also I have $150, a slab of Jack Daniels and a Double Whopper Meal riding on the result.

Just read this article and it made me emotional af. I really hope you guys get up & can experience something similar. Enjoy the game and build-up! Never know when you'll get to experience it again...

******* Crazy Goody strikes again! Majak was the obvious choice to come in and nullify the Schache threat and bolster our 3rd ruck stocks!! Goodwin must’ve put money on the Dogs. If our board doesn’t call Clarko after this they’ve got ******* rocks in their heads!!!
Can't believe Crazy Goody is still persisting with *en Brayshaw on a wing!!! We went and picked Declase in the mid season draft to play that wing- why pick him and not play him?? If I was Declase I'd be fuming and looking at another club at the end of the year - ridiculous!! Brayshaw is an inside mid or not at all!!!

Alright, my most stressful week of work ever is out of the way, now I can kick back and stress about the most important game that Melbourne's played in my lifetime (not counting 2000 as we were a longshot and I was still fairly young).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Went out for a walk with the scarf, plenty of 'go dees!' from neutrals, feeling bloody nervous now though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back