Cheering for the Interstate clubs in the last 3 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Usually I am all for the Victorian clubs to dominate positions in the 8, better one of us than one of those outsiders who have invaded our VFL, but this year I have come to the conclusion the more interstate clubs in the finals the better.

Consider ... we will finish on top, it gives us potentially 3 games at the MCG (if all goes well). Melbourne, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong are all in the hunt and all of them play multiple games on the MCG every year (a few less for the Cats). Yes we have been beating them all on the MCG but they are more accustomed to the ground than the WC, GWS, Sydney, Port (even Adelaide) group all in the bustle for final 8 positions.

Seems to me the more of the interstate clubs who have limited opportunies to play at the MCG that make the finals the better our chance of back to back.

Ideally we meet a couple of Interstaters in the finals hopefully going through the the GF and West Coast disposes of the other MCG co tenants over in the West. We then meet WC on our dung pile for the big dance.

Feels to me this would give us the biggest edge.

Just dont want to face North or Geelong. Either one of them is a danger - regardless of where they finish, or how good they are. They just play well against us. Other teams are fine - if we are good enough - we win. If we lose - well, fair enough, we got done by a better team on the day.

With North and Geelong, we find ways to play poorly, and they find ways to win against us. AND IT DRIVES ME F*********** MAD!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast winning is a good result today. Most likely they stay in 2nd and gws have to play them in Perth.

Gws will beat them, they struggled to get past port who had 3 players down.
All going well for us it is hopefully us v gws in the big one.
Just hope lids is fit enough to play might be the only way he can bring himself to watch us win :p

I’m the same, want to maximise our home ground advantage and increase the stock price for the salt industry.

Only issue is the MCG is literally not big enough to fit us all in.

Easier to get tickets too
Better for the melts too.
I like both these things.

Yes to interstate sides winning, our flag chances improve significantly if we have a genuine home ground advantage and don't have to play a Hawthorn, Geelong, Melbourne or Collingwood.

Gws will beat them, they struggled to get past port who had 3 players down.
All going well for us it is hopefully us v gws in the big one.
Just hope lids is fit enough to play might be the only way he can bring himself to watch us win :p
Agree they'll beat the Eagles, but the trip would be an arduous one for their ongoing prospects.

Well, lolnorf and lol Scott brothers in general. Both teams doing their bit to NOT make finals this weekend. Geez they talk a good game those two. We might be beatable but hey fellas, ya gotta get there first !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back