Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I was more thinking of the constant sooking and calls for sacking. Not prepared to put in the hard work. Front runners who can't take a loss. SAF
It would be pretty hard to find front running supporters at Carlton, you need to be winning 🥲

I haven’t mentioned sacking anyone or anything like that. All I’m saying is that this club has a rotten culture that is way beyond any one person or decision.

It would be pretty hard to find front running supporters at Carlton, you need to be winning 🥲

I haven’t mentioned sacking anyone or anything like that. All I’m saying is that this club has a rotten culture that is way beyond any one person or decision.
The rotten culture will only become worse if this season shits the bed. This group right now is at the crossroads. They either starting pointing the finger at each other and sort whatever it is out or they are ****ed

Isn't this supposed to be a thread you can vent without being judged?
Have I got that wrong?
I find comfort in sharing disappointment sometimes and also it's a way to get through and move on.
Cheers. ;):rainbow:

Isn't this supposed to be a thread you can vent without being judged?
Have I got that wrong?
I find comfort in sharing disappointment sometimes and also it's a way to get through and move on.
Cheers. ;):rainbow:
It's a thread for everyone to vent about what they want to vent about.

Yep,
Unconditional support is for the lazy and brain dead …

View attachment 1669771
I'd define my support of Carlton as unconditional. That is not to say that it's uncritical.

So, when you say it's lazy/brain dead to be a unconditional, I have a question for you: what are the conditions upon your support of Carlton?

I'd define my support of Carlton as unconditional. That is not to say that it's uncritical.
I see myself as similar, turn up and stay at a game no matter the outcome, here after a win or a loss.

My opinion of a team, coach or club doesn't really change on a week to week basis, whether winning or losing

I also understand people have different reaction levels depending on a result, or supporters that may only post here purely based on a win, or purely based on a loss

This is not a vent but rather a concern.
Teague walked in had mini success early, then became rigid selecting players/game plan that won him those games. Would not budge or be persuaded we won those games this way wait and see it will happen again. What will also save us and my skin is getting rid of that Matt Kennedy guy who had a stinker that caused the loss that started all of this.
It's all Deja Vue for me the only change being the name Kennedy to Dow everything else is pretty much running the course.
This is not an indictment on any one it's just human nature, it would be a tough gig with the amount of supporter and media scrutiny being applied. When you combine ones own internal want for success with the for mentioned it would be tough not to make mistakes. One thing is for certain we as supporters are contributing to this in some way, we have the power, vent in here and not verbally on game day would be a big step in the right direction.

Last edited:
The immediate impact Craig Macrae & Ross Lyon have had on their lists, which were not rebuilding and were able to compete for premierships in year 1 shows that if we get to the end of the season and feel Voss is not working that we should not be afraid to make the necessary call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ChatGPT sees things very differently to many on here.

Tell me a story about the 2023 AFL Grand Final

Once upon a time, the year was 2023 and the stage was set for the biggest game of the AFL season - the Grand Final. It was a match that would go down in history as one of the most thrilling and closely-contested games of all time.
The two teams that had made it to the Grand Final were the Carlton Blues and the Collingwood Magpies, both fierce rivals with a long history of heated encounters. The build-up to the game had been intense, with both sets of supporters brimming with excitement and anticipation.
As the teams ran out onto the MCG, the atmosphere was electric. The stands were packed to capacity with fans decked out in their team colors, chanting and singing at the top of their lungs. The players themselves were focused and determined, each one determined to emerge victorious.
The first quarter was a tight and cagey affair, with both teams struggling to gain the upper hand. The Magpies had the better of the early exchanges, taking a slender lead into the first break. But Carlton fought back hard in the second quarter, with star midfielder Patrick Cripps dominating in the midfield and helping his team to level the scores.
The third quarter was where things really started to heat up. Collingwood made a fast start and surged ahead, taking a two-goal lead. But Carlton refused to give up, and slowly but surely clawed their way back into the game. With just minutes left on the clock, the scores were tied once again, and the tension was palpable.
In the dying moments of the game, it was Carlton who held their nerve. With the ball in their forward line, they launched one last attack. The ball fell into the hands of their star forward Harry McKay, who had already kicked four goals in the game. McKay steadied himself, took a deep breath, and kicked truly - the ball sailed through the goals and Carlton took the lead for the first time in the game.
As the final siren sounded, the Carlton fans erupted in celebration. It had been an incredible game, one that would go down in AFL history. For the players and fans of Carlton, it was a moment they would never forget - the day they won the Grand Final and cemented their place in the annals of AFL folklore.

Follow up question:

Tell me a story about Carlton Blues in 2023

Once upon a time, in the year 2023, the Carlton Blues were a team on a mission. After years of heartbreak and disappointment, they were determined to make their mark on the AFL and bring home the Premiership cup.

Led by their inspirational captain Patrick Cripps, the Blues had assembled a talented and hardworking team. Cripps himself was in the form of his life, dominating in the midfield and leading by example with his fierce work rate and selfless play.

But it wasn't just Cripps who was firing on all cylinders. The likes of Harry McKay, Adam Cerra, and Sam Walsh were all playing at the top of their game, with McKay in particular proving to be a potent force up front.

The Blues started the season slowly, struggling to find their rhythm in the opening rounds. But as the season progressed, they began to hit their stride, racking up some impressive wins and climbing up the ladder.

As the finals approached, the Blues were well-placed, having secured a spot in the top four. They faced a tough qualifying final against Melbourne, but rose to the occasion, playing with passion and intensity to come away with a hard-fought win.

In the preliminary final, they faced the Western Bulldogs, a team that had been in scintillating form all season. But once again, the Blues refused to be intimidated, playing with courage and determination to secure another famous victory.

And so it was that the Blues found themselves in the Grand Final, facing off against arch-rivals Collingwood. It was a game that had the whole nation on the edge of their seats, as both teams fought tooth and nail for every inch of the pitch.

In the end, it was the Blues who emerged victorious, with Cripps leading the way with another masterful display in the midfield. McKay was once again a key figure up front, kicking four goals to help his team to a famous win.

As the final siren sounded, the Carlton fans erupted in joyous celebration. It had been a long time coming, but finally the Blues had done it - they had won the Premiership, and cemented their place as one of the great teams of the AFL. For the players, the coaches, and the fans, it was a moment they would never forget, a moment of triumph and vindication after years of hard work and dedication

--

All hail our AI overlords

I see myself as similar, turn up and stay at a game no matter the outcome, here after a win or a loss.

My opinion of a team, coach or club doesn't really change on a week to week basis, whether winning or losing

I also understand people have different reaction levels depending on a result, or supporters that may only post here purely based on a win, or purely based on a loss

It should be changing week to week at moment.

I have enjoyed reading your posts, however your stubborn opinions are starting to wear thin. Very similar to where M. Voss finds himself at the moment. When things are clearly not working, change needs to happen, both strategy and personnel. It has been evident that we have been under achieving for long enough.

It should be changing week to week at moment.

I have enjoyed reading your posts, however your stubborn opinions are starting to wear thin. Very similar to where M. Voss finds himself at the moment. When things are clearly not working, change needs to happen, both strategy and personnel. It has been evident that we have been under achieving for long enough.

Not sure what my opinion has to do with Voss, nor do I need to change my opinion week to week unless I see a given trend, over a sustained period

Mentioned numerous times what I see as our strengths as well as weaknesses, so it's not as if I lean heavily in one direction

If you are looking for me to run with the masses, purely based on a differing opinion, you would be mistaken

Not sure what my opinion has to do with Voss, nor do I need to change my opinion week to week unless I see a given trend, over a sustained period

Mentioned numerous times what I see as our strengths as well as weaknesses, so it's not as if I lean heavily in one direction

If you are looking for me to run with the masses, purely based on a differing opinion, you would be mistaken

The trend over a sustained period indicates that we need change now. The mindset needs to change, this includes gameday strategy, personnel and messaging.

You have always advocated for minimal changes, the MC has been inflexible and persisted with next man up strategy.

This the time for the MC to finally make a strong statement, regardless of our injury situation.

The trend over a sustained period indicates that we need change now.
There has been change, moving away from a stoppage only team which isn't the strongest sustainable source, endeavouring to improve other aspects of the game.

I believe the change went too far too quickly. Which was corrected slightly on the weekend. Although, a great clear, consistent approach is required in our ball movement
The mindset needs to change, this includes gameday strategy, personnel and messaging.

We have no idea of the mindset, strategy mentioned above, personnel will change with Doc, Saad, Boyd as the more vital components.
You have always advocated for minimal changes, the MC has been inflexible and persisted with next man up strategy.

It's less about what i am advocating, more about what footy clubs do, to build continuity. This is less of a player issue and more about gameplan, method, structures.

Players used at every club

This the time for the MC to finally make a strong statement, regardless of our injury situation.
Statements about a clearly defined method

Last edited:
There has been change, moving away from a stoppage only team which isn't the strongest sustainable source, endeavouring to improve other aspects of the game.

I believe the change went too far too quickly. Which was corrected slightly on the weekend. Although, a great clear, consistent approach is required in our ball movement

We have no idea of the mindset, strategy mentioned above, personnel will change with Doc, Saad, Boyd as the more vital components.

It's less about what i am advocating, more about what footy clubs do, to build continuity. This is less of a player issue and more about gameplan, method, structures.

Players used at every club

Statements about a clearly defined method

I am across the stats, the 'masses' generally form a consistent view based on what they observe gameday.

It is not rocket science. We kick and mark the ball everywhere expect inside our forward 50. We have poor goal kicking efficiency. We play safe football and choke in front of goal. We are at par or above in most other measurement. If the coaching team cant get the captain obvious with the gamelan they need to move on. This is going on for 12 months.

The personnel need a shake-up.

The tackle counts of Obrien, Fisher and Young are not acceptable.

The disposal efficiency of E.Curnow and Pittonet are not acceptable.

Goal kicking efficiency is very poor, particularly. McKay, Silvagni and Cripps. Senior players. This can be fixed easily or they play away from goal.

Most of our mids and defenders with high disposal efficiency have been chipping sideways and playing safe. E.g. Young, Newman, Hewitt, Weitering, etc. This has to stop.

I am across the stats, the 'masses' generally form a consistent view based on what they observe gameday.

What's observed is still viewed differently for each supporter, some sway heavily from week to week depending the result, others don't
It is not rocket science. We kick and mark the ball everywhere expect inside our forward 50. We have poor goal kicking efficiency. We play safe football and choke in front of goal. We are at par or above in most other measurement. If the coaching team cant get the captain obvious with the gamelan they need to move on. This is going on for 12 months.

Mostly agree, but it hasn't been 12 months. Our style last year, even in close losses to the Demons and Pies, which was atracking and competitive, was completely different to this year
The personnel need a shake-up.

No guarantees, that changing personnel will have the desired, better outcomes, unless you are bringing in known best 22
The tackle counts of Obrien, Fisher and Young are not acceptable.

Most flag winning sides rank mid table for tackling, it's more about sustainable high pressure
The disposal efficiency of E.Curnow and Pittonet are not acceptable.
Known knowns, and not many elite ruckmen in terms of disposal, they just need to work within their limitations. Like Cotts did last year and he improved dramatically

Goal kicking efficiency is very poor, particularly. McKay, Silvagni and Cripps. Senior players. This can be fixed easily or they play away from goal.

Already touched on this, I would drop Jsos. Harry needs a better, simpler routine
Most of our mids and defenders with high disposal efficiency have been chipping sideways and playing safe. E.g. Young, Newman, Hewitt, Weitering, etc. This has to stop.
Ball movement as a whole is the main issue. It's more about the workrate of the kicking option, rather than the player with ball in hand

I would love to see Voss take a tougher stance in regards to standards for our senior side and make changes that set an example club wide, regardless of our injury or suspension positions.

Having Ed play 3 quarters for 5 or 6 possessions should lead to a rest or spell in the 2nds

Having Honey play two weeks with having zero impact should lead to going back to the 2nds

If players refuse to tackle or continuously try to make kicks beyond their ability, they need to be dropped.

The players who continue to play well in the 2s need to be rewarded, even if previously they haven’t played well when they have been in the side and players in the seniors need to know that multiple games playing under what is expected of you will result In a stint in the 2s.

I would love to see Voss take a tougher stance in regards to standards for our senior side and make changes that set an example club wide, regardless of our injury or suspension positions.

Having Ed play 3 quarters for 5 or 6 possessions should lead to a rest or spell in the 2nds

Having Honey play two weeks with having zero impact should lead to going back to the 2nds

If players refuse to tackle or continuously try to make kicks beyond their ability, they need to be dropped.

The players who continue to play well in the 2s need to be rewarded, even if previously they haven’t played well when they have been in the side and players in the seniors need to know that multiple games playing under what is expected of you will result In a stint in the 2s.
These things should be standard always for every coach and team.

These things should be standard always for every coach and team.

To be fair to Voss, when Gov went down he brought in Plowman who just came off a strong game in the VFL, unfortunately Dustin was out injured and I’m not sure why Kemp didn’t get a look.

It’s in the midfield and up forward I’d like to see him raise the standards and reward the players in the 2s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back