Teams Cincinnati Bengals - Who Dey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Chris Henry Returns

And you still follow the West Coast Eagles? :)
Wasn't a fan in general, a bit high in the draft for my liking...

But not only that, the NFL is a lot harder on the players mishaps than the AFL is... Which makes it worse...

Jury still out though of course...

NFL fan first and foremost though :p

Re: Coasting Returns

Well, HELLO Stranger.. :) Good to have you back on the NFL boards. :thumbsu:

You know there has been a whirlwind of things happening on our NFL boards in the last 65 days while you've been hibernating.

Here is something I wanna show you... (mind the You Tube pixelation this time around, but you'll get the clearer version on Sunday when the AE website goes up!!)

[YOUTUBE]X_vh4JxA58E&hl[/YOUTUBE]

Already 30 guys signed up... :thumbsu:

Wasn't a fan in general, a bit high in the draft for my liking...

But not only that, the NFL is a lot harder on the players mishaps than the AFL is... Which makes it worse...

Jury still out though of course...

NFL fan first and foremost though :p

I wouldn't say that. Ben Cousins was kicked out of the AFL without being found guilty of any crime or testing positive to any drug. That would never stand up in the NFL. I'm surprised Chris Henry hasn't started legal proceedings after he was cleared of any wrong-doing.

Re: Coasting Returns

Well, HELLO Stranger.. :) Good to have you back on the NFL boards. :thumbsu:

You know there has been a whirlwind of things happening on our NFL boards in the last 65 days while you've been hibernating.

Here is something I wanna show you... (mind the You Tube pixelation this time around, but you'll get the clearer version on Sunday when the AE website goes up!!)

[YOUTUBE]X_vh4JxA58E&hl[/YOUTUBE]

Already 30 guys signed up... :thumbsu:

I wish I had the time for this but I'm too busy atm :(

If its still going next year and I haven't been banned from bigfooty then I might join up then. :)

I wouldn't say that. Ben Cousins was kicked out of the AFL without being found guilty of any crime or testing positive to any drug. That would never stand up in the NFL. I'm surprised Chris Henry hasn't started legal proceedings after he was cleared of any wrong-doing.
No the club kicked Cousins out based on a contract agreement they deemed he failed... Cousins would have been kicked out for a good couple of games by the actual NFL (Goodell's Good-Boy Clause) after his first mis-behaviour... I for one commend what they are doing, and they do it well most of the time...

No the club kicked Cousins out based on a contract agreement they deemed he failed... Cousins would have been kicked out for a good couple of games by the actual NFL (Goodell's Good-Boy Clause)...

He was sacked by the Eagles but then Andy D suspended him indefinitely ie he couldn't nominate for the draft or be picked up by any club.

Cousins would still be playing in the NFL, just like Chris Henry after he was cleared of any wrong-doing - his suspension was lifted by Mr Goodell - which is why he signed with the Bengals. Cousins suspension was never lifted after he was cleared, they just left it in place.

I don't recall that but thats not the issue at hand anyway.

The issue is: would Ben Cousins still be playing in the NFL? Based on what happened with Chris Henry you would have to say yes.

So to say the NFL is always stricter is incorrect :)

I don't recall that but thats not the issue at hand anyway.

The issue is: would Ben Cousins still be playing in the NFL? Based on what happened with Chris Henry you would have to say yes.

So to say the NFL is always stricter is incorrect :)
I meant that Cousins would have been dealt with a lot stricter INITIALLY which may have helped in the long run... Of course there are those who just can't get the 'stop' idea in their head...

I would prefer him have a 4 game ban increasing everytime rather than giving him 3 shots then kicking im altogether.

I meant that Cousins would have been dealt with a lot stricter INITIALLY

How? The only crime Ben Cousins has been convicted of is a traffic violation - which the NFL don't issue punishment for. The drugs he was carrying were found to be legal. Nothing the NFL could do. Unlike the AFL, they don't issue punishments for bad press in Victoria. :)

How? The only crime Ben Cousins has been convicted of is a traffic violation - which the NFL don't issue punishment for. The drugs he was carrying were found to be legal. Nothing the NFL could do. Unlike the AFL, they don't issue punishments for bad press in Victoria. :)
Uhhh running away from the booze bus yonks ago...
Kerr would be the same with the taxi he attacked :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably relevant in this thread :

Another Bengals wideout is lost

Last season, the Bengals sustained a concentration of injuries at linebacker - which forced them to use their best pass-rushing defensive end, Robert Geathers, out of position - and sent shock waves through special teams.

This year the Bengals are getting beat up at wide receiver.

Only two days after he looked to emerge as a dependable third receiver, third-year player Marcus Maxwell went down with a season-ending thigh injury. On Thursday, the Bengals placed Maxwell on waivers/injured. If he is not claimed by another team, he will revert to the Bengals' injured reserve list.

Either way, he will not play in Bengals stripes this season.

Maxwell had three receptions for 37 yards in the loss to Detroit on Sunday.

With the third preseason game - the traditional dress rehearsal - Saturday night at home against the Saints, the Bengals are now without their top four receivers. Chad Johnson (left shoulder), T.J. Houshmandzadeh (hamstring) and rookie Andre Caldwell (right foot) are out but expected back at some point.

Johnson said he is pushing to return in time for the regular-season opener Sept. 7 at Baltimore.

Veterans Antonio Chatman and Glenn Holt and rookie Jerome Simpson will get the bulk of the work with the first-team offense in the New Orleans game.

"Just like if they're in," quarterback Carson Palmer said when asked what the offensive approach would be with the spate of injured starters. "We're not going to change our game plan whether Chad's on the field or T.J.'s on the field. We're going to come out and try to execute and run the ball effectively and set up the play-action pass and just be consistent."

Also Thursday, the Bengals announced that cornerback Ethan Kilmer (thigh) officially had cleared waivers and reverted to the Bengals' season-ending IR list.

So much for accountability...Recently, Marvin said Henry wouldn't be back with team. Not sure if it was Marv's call or the GM's call, but there is little chance this jackass will have reason to change his ways.

So much for accountability...Recently, Marvin said Henry wouldn't be back with team. Not sure if it was Marv's call or the GM's call, but there is little chance this jackass will have reason to change his ways.
Not Lewis' team anymore IMHO... Not going to be at the helm by the end of the year, and unless he can pull something out of his arse, it ain't going to change... But hey I guess the Giants did it last year :p

From what I've read Marvin said no but the GM said he is in.It looks bad both with the HC being over-ruled and Lewis saying in public he didn't want him.
If he does pull something out I doubt he will want to stay anyway going on that

Lewis' credibility and authority has been undermined and no longer runs the team on his own terms. Mike Brown has single-handedly destroyed any chance of Lewis using his final year of his contract to succeed and earn an extention. Whether it was time for a change or not it was still a mistake on Brown's behalf.

Lewis' credibility and authority has been undermined and no longer runs the team on his own terms. Mike Brown has single-handedly destroyed any chance of Lewis using his final year of his contract to succeed and earn an extention. Whether it was time for a change or not it was still a mistake on Brown's behalf.

Lewis never ran the team on his own terms. Its no different to Jerry Jones over-ruling Parcells in Dallas and signing Owens. Its just the way of the NFL.

Is this SERIOUSLY NOT the worst run organization in the NFL??? Anyone? Please (Yes, the Bengals even trump Detroit)

CHRIS HENRY, TEAM CAPTAIN

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 29, 2008, 12:31 p.m. EDT
Last year the NFL made a point of emphasizing the importance of team captains, officially acknowledging them with “C” patches on their jerseys and recognizing the leadership captains provide.

Team captains are a key element in building team leadership and enhancing communication between players, coaches and management,” NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson said in a statement released by the league. “A perfect example of the benefit of this kind of communication is that the players themselves suggested the concept of re-emphasizing the team captains.”

All in all, the message was clear: Team captains are fine, upstanding men worthy of respect from their teammates, opponents and fans.
So who did the Bengals choose as their captain for last night’s preseason finale?

Chris Henry.

Yes, that Chris Henry, the wide receiver who is about to leave the team for the next month because he’s suspended for the first four games of the regular season for repeated violations of the league’s personal conduct policy. Chick Ludwig of the Dayton Daily News reports that Henry was a captain for last night’s game.

It should be noted that captains for preseason games aren’t necessarily captains for the regular season, and Henry almost certainly won’t be wearing a “C” on his jersey when he returns in Week 5 against the Cowboys. But it does send an odd message that a guy whose inability to get his act together caused him to be suspended for half of the 2007 season, get cut during the 2008 off-season and get suspended for a quarter of the 2008 season was given the honor.

No word on whether the Cowboys have chosen Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson as their captains for the regular season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back